Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

I wonder how Helenius would handle Arreola? He's about same size as Attila Levin, but better.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #17
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

It's should be Chisora.

They're both 14 - 0
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #18
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

According to German site (figosport.de) Helenius is joining IBF´s heavyweight tournament which will determine Wladimir's next mandatory challenger. The fighters who have already been offered spots in the tournament are Denis Boytsov, Alexander Dimitrenko, Jean Marc Mormeck, Jonathon Banks and Eddie Chambers.

Denis Boytsov was initially offered a spot, but declined the invitation due to some medical reasons and was replaced by Chambers.

Dimitrenko has also said nein danke and seems to have serious issues with his health (Dirrell-dicease?).

Could it be Mormeck - Helenius - Banks and for some reason Chambers?
Goodhill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 AM   #19
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Good news. Nice to see who are other contenders
Sakura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #20
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Mormeck had declined the first version cause he had already a scheduled fight to improve his WBA ranking. He was then removed from the IBF rankings but he was offered a direct shot by K2 against Wladimir on December. He also declined considering he had to be realistic about his chances to win such a fight. It would be strange if he entered a tournament to earn a shot he refused but stranger things happen...
Mormeck confirmed he wants a rematch against Haye or a fight against Adamek.
Fitir is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 AM   #21
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

i thought one fight is Chambers vs Rossy II
Maybe Adamek takes the other spot or Peter
Escopeta is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 500
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

I think Banks is going to fight Krasniqi...

Rossy and Harris were mentioned as possible candidiates, but Thompson is also interested and is now ranked higher in the IBF ratings.

Big kudos to Helenius for balls if he is entering this tournament if both Chambers and Thompson are possible opponents.
ludwig is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #23
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
I think Banks is going to fight Krasniqi...

Rossy and Harris were mentioned as possible candidiates, but Thompson is also interested and is now ranked higher in the IBF ratings.

Big kudos to Helenius for balls if he is entering this tournament if both Chambers and Thompson are possible opponents.
He says he wants to become a world champion so he's going to have to fight good opponents and win to get there.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #24
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,532
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Figosport´s announcement concerning IBF´s tournament invitation to Helenius, was a duckling.

Finnish media checked the rumour from IBF and it clarified that there no invitation has been made for Helenius to enter the tournament.

Annoying shit these untruthful rumors in media.
Goodhill is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #25
Joe
♦♣♥♠Slowhand♦♣♥♠
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodhill View Post
According to German site (figosport.de) Helenius is joining IBF´s heavyweight tournament which will determine Wladimir's next mandatory challenger. The fighters who have already been offered spots in the tournament are Denis Boytsov, Alexander Dimitrenko, Jean Marc Mormeck, Jonathon Banks and Eddie Chambers.

Denis Boytsov was initially offered a spot, but declined the invitation due to some medical reasons and was replaced by Chambers.

Dimitrenko has also said nein danke and seems to have serious issues with his health (Dirrell-dicease?).

Could it be Mormeck - Helenius - Banks and for some reason Chambers?
So in effect this would mean a longass tourney only to have Chambers knocked into space by Wlad again...
Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #26
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
So in effect this would mean a longass tourney only to have Chambers knocked into space by Wlad again...
Helenius will beat Chambers.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #27
Joe
♦♣♥♠Slowhand♦♣♥♠
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

I wouldn't be surpriced if Chambers outboxed him to win all rounds of a fight, Helenius will not go very much further than this I just can't see it, I hope he does for my finnish brothers but he's just too slow I think.
Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #28
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I wouldn't be surpriced if Chambers outboxed him to win all rounds of a fight, Helenius will not go very much further than this I just can't see it, I hope he does for my finnish brothers but he's just too slow I think.
People said the same thing about Vitali. They said that he's slow.

Robert will improve.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 AM   #29
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,259
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

He is extremely heavy handed.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 AM   #30
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Next for Helenius ?

I hope his next match is against either Tony Thompson or Eddie Chambers. A person close to Helenius betting Gomez or Chagaev..
Sakura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013