Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default should degale change coaches and how long till he is ready for the elites?

jim mcdonnell, met him once, good guy, big advocate of conditioning, he'll get you super fit but i dont see him as a great technical coach, him and degale have become pretty close so if degale was to switch trainers i think he should keep jim as his conditioning coach, i reckon, nazim, roach or jeff mayweather would be good for him to refine his skills.

also i think 3 or 4 more fights and he's ready for the big times, but thats if ****** matches him up with decent level opponents no more of those eurobums he somehow always manages to find for all his opponents.
Relentless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: should degale change coaches and how long till he is ready for the elites?

Well i never been keen on Chunky being with him. I always felt the style he has and wants to master isn't going to be taught that well by Jim but to be fair Jim's really improved James from the first bout to now. His defence was spot on the other night so i can't knock the man.

I think James is type of guy that needs a guy like Jim because he's a big lad and needs someone to whip him into shape and focus him mentally. I think James will go out to U.S again at times for camps and work with Mayweather's etc and pick up bits and pieces and then work on them with Jim.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Default Re: should degale change coaches and how long till he is ready for the elites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Well i never been keen on Chunky being with him. I always felt the style he has and wants to master isn't going to be taught that well by Jim but to be fair Jim's really improved James from the first bout to now. His defence was spot on the other night so i can't knock the man.

I think James is type of guy that needs a guy like Jim because he's a big lad and needs someone to whip him into shape and focus him mentally. I think James will go out to U.S again at times for camps and work with Mayweather's etc and pick up bits and pieces and then work on them with Jim.
if he's not gonna change coaches i think he should do what haye used to do and set up camp in america.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
if he's not gonna change coaches i think he should do what haye used to do and set up camp in america.
I think that's what he's planning to do. Pick heads of the best coaches and train there and then implement it. I think Jim wants to be a student of the game and take on board there info. He knows he has something special in James.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Never been impressed by Jim as a boxing coach. He's more of a Billy Graham type to me. He seems to have a good relationship and gets DeGale into shape.

DeGale needs a very technical and strong trainer because he's got so much talent and so many styles in him there is a danger he'll confuse himself at times.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Never been impressed by Jim as a boxing coach. He's more of a Billy Graham type to me. He seems to have a good relationship and gets DeGale into shape.

DeGale needs a very technical and strong trainer because he's got so much talent and so many styles in him there is a danger he'll confuse himself at times.
Jim is a great conditioning coach though, he is very educated in sports science.

but anyway who would you pick to train degale?

and when do you reckon he will be ready for the elites?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFNvluOprI&feature=fvst[/ame]
Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

What is it with you and British Fighters changing trainers to American Trainers jesus christ. How are British Trainers ever going to prove themselves if they aren't going to get a chance to prove themselves, that won't happen if you have your way and all our World Class fighters go over to the States.

I say if it isn't broke don't fix it, Degale has been getting better and better and on Saturday he was very impressive why think about moving to Freddy Roach or Emmanuel Steward so that he can get an 20 minute pad session every day.
royalt0208 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum