Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Mcintyre beats anderson

A massive win and a brilliant performance by kevin mcintyre, to become the new british welter weight champion. After a knockdown in each of the first rounds i thought he might even be able to pull out a stoppage win against anderson but he boxed well and won by a wide margin. Perhaps mcintyre can go on after this and make something out of a career that seemed to be slipping away.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Mcintyre beats anderson

Wow all Scottish affair but i confess my disappointment in Anderson...i had high hopes for him hoped he would go far...european level and beyond...
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Mcintyre was very good, but Anderson looked like he had seen better days. He either never recovered from the first knockdown, or he's had too many tough fights recently. Maybe a bit of both, but I reckon Anderson should take a bit of a break from boxing.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #4
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Was a brilliant display from McIntyre, not bad for a postman. I could have predicted that Anderson would lose in a big way, but DID NOT think it would happen tonight. I had it 119-108, think most had it similar, very easy win

What impact did the knockdowns have? Physically probably not too much, but mentally Anderson never got going and the knockdowns probably got into his head..it was a pretty desperate performance from Anderson, expected far better than that, but i said it to my brother who i watched it with before the fight that Anderson looked out of shape. Yet again, i also said Ando would win in the 5th round

McIntyre is completely new to me, only seen him once before, but wish him the best in the future, boxed well tonight
Healy is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was disturbed by Ando's performance because prior to this fight I thought he was improving. However Mcintyre's dominance was shocking. I wonder if there was something amiss that we don't know. poor kid has been in some hard fights.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

VERY VERY impressive from McIntyre. Come on the Postman!!!
David UK is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Mcintyre was very good, but Anderson looked like he had seen better days. He either never recovered from the first knockdown, or he's had too many tough fights recently. Maybe a bit of both, but I reckon Anderson should take a bit of a break from boxing.
couldnt have put it better my self....... to many big hard hittin drawn out fights recently.... i just hope they wont affect him in the near future, a long break called for 4 ando.
maka is offline  Top
Old 11-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #8
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Firstly, congratulations to Kevin McIntrye, Mcintyre now has two BIG scalps on his record, beating 20-0 welsh hot prospect Tony Doherty in wales, & now even topping that with a shutout win against Ando. I will never argue with another postman again Mcintyre was excellent tonight, he reminded me of Colin Lynes.

Its a weight thing.

Mcintyre said recently that he was kidding himself fighting at jnr welterweight, as he was killing himself to make the weight & had a couple of bad defeats against Nigel wright(who Mcintyre also holds a win over) & Gary Reid. However, when he stepped up to welterweight he doesnt look vulnerable anymore, & has now got two very good wins back to back, & is now the british champ.

Anderson on the other hand looked weight drained IMO. At he weigh in Ando looked pale & drawn, & although he is quite small for a welter, I think he should step up in weight. I dont know if any of you tuned into the end of the show, but Ando was interviewed briefly & said he felt good going into the fight but said "it just wasnt there", & thats the classic lines of a weight drained fighter.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well done to McIntyre but I reckon his display was complimented by a very lacklustre performance from Ando, I've never seen Kev look as bad as that since turning pro and although I thought his move to the manchester camp was a good one I was struggling to understand what the hell hi corner were doing tonight. He was in need of a KO by round 6 and Shannon kept telling him to use the jab and imo even on a good day Ando's jab is not as effective as most fighters. He never threw any combos all night (none at all) and looked almost as if he was moving in slow motion. Props to McIntyre though but I hope theres a re-match coz Kev definitely has the tools to beat him.

Might have been just a bad night at the office, or too many tough bouts recently....whatever it was Ando was nowhere near his usuall self.
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 05:23 AM   #10
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Firstly, congratulations to Kevin McIntrye, Mcintyre now has two BIG scalps on his record, beating 20-0 welsh hot prospect Tony Doherty in wales, & now even topping that with a shutout win against Ando. I will never argue with another postman again Mcintyre was excellent tonight, he reminded me of Colin Lynes.

Its a weight thing.

Mcintyre said recently that he was kidding himself fighting at jnr welterweight, as he was killing himself to make the weight & had a couple of bad defeats against Nigel wright(who Mcintyre also holds a win over) & Gary Reid. However, when he stepped up to welterweight he doesnt look vulnerable anymore, & has now got two very good wins back to back, & is now the british champ.

Anderson on the other hand looked weight drained IMO. At he weigh in Ando looked pale & drawn, & although he is quite small for a welter, I think he should step up in weight. I dont know if any of you tuned into the end of the show, but Ando was interviewed briefly & said he felt good going into the fight but said "it just wasnt there", & thats the classic lines of a weight drained fighter.
Dunky I must admit I was shocked. As you know I have become very fond of Ando having seen a lot of his recent fights from the Joshua Okine fight and my earlier debates with both Top Dog and yourself. I knew very little about Mcintyre but from my research was expecting Ando to win without much trouble.

I am glad he lasted the distance which proves what we have always noticed about him being a tough gutsy kid. The southpaw style seemed to bother him which is surprising as he has been in with top quality southpaws like Magee and Okine. I guess it just goes to show that we cannot take anything for granted in this great contest of boxing.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 07:03 AM   #11
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Being weight drained or just having an off night does not fully explain how bad Anderson looked. I believe that single punch to the side of the head in the first round was his undoing. He never looked right after that, and every punch he took consequently, even the jab, seemed to have an effect.
I hope Kevin got himself thoroughly checked out after the fight, because in that interview on Sky he seemed a little bit punch drunk to me, as if he was stll feeling the effects.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #12
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Can't help thinking that this fight was the result of Anderson taking too many tough fights this year. I raised my eybrows when I heard that Anderson was taking this fight so soon after his last bout, which was a tough affair, and he simply looked drained from the opening bell.

You have to question his promoter Tommy Gilmour for getting him involved in this fight so soon after his last fight. I am all for fighters staying active, but Anderson has been driven into the ground and he was sleepwalking through much of the fight.

Jim Watt was spot on when he said Anderson should have had a break.

Did anyone notice when they came back from the break you could see a very irate David Barnes apparently arguing with Tommy Gilmour over the presenter's shoulder????

Last edited by TheGoldenBoy#1; 08-28-2006 at 05:46 PM.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #13
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He was in a bit of a war just short of 2 months ago - too soon to be back in the ring IMO, a good win for McIntyre, and Ive not seen the fight, but surely the Anderson that beat Mutley would have had enough to see McIntyre off?
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

didn't know there was a friday fightnight.

surprised at this one.

i've never seen ando as anymore than a domestic level fighter tbh. so certainly not stunned by the result or anything.

mcintyre vs matt hatton anyone.

get that title back in english hands methinks.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #15
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hasnt a fight between Matt Hatton and Craig Watson for the english title gone to purse bids? or not? Also, both the aforementioned have been linked with a fight against Ali Nuumbembe.
The Lads is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum