Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166
Default Marco Huck: What is your opinion of him?

How do you rate Marco Huck?

From what I seen , Huck looked extremely impressive. Huck has alot of natural talent, he is tall, athletic, skilled. Huck has fought and defeated very good fighters at only 22 years old, and 19 fights. I think he will beat either Cunnigham or Adamek.
geppy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
limi_7
Lion

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marco Huck: What is your opinion of him?

I have to agree with u. At his age, he is very talented, and you have to axpect more of him as he hits his prime around 25-38 ahahh quite a range but thats actually quite true in boxing.
limi_7 is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by limi_7
I have to agree with u. At his age, he is very talented, and you have to axpect more of him as he hits his prime around 25-38 ahahh quite a range but thats actually quite true in boxing.
25-33 is more like it for Cruiserweight.

22-29 if youre talking under 135 lbs...imo.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 12:15 AM   #4
rrezike
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
How do you rate Marco Huck?

From what I seen , Huck looked extremely impressive. Huck has alot of natural talent, he is tall, athletic, skilled. Huck has fought and defeated very good fighters at only 22 years old, and 19 fights. I think he will beat either Cunnigham or Adamek.
Good boxer talented he needs to be more tactical and more boxer as you know he has previously been a kick boxer. I think in 2 or 3 years he will go in the heavys
rrezike is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 12:47 AM   #5
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

he is as thick as shit, but he is a good boxer , very good workrate/stamina/power/size/strength for a cruiserweight and obviously comes with bad intentions in every fight i have seen of him.

big men with that kind of workrate can always beat more talented boxers on sheer willpower and effort, which makes huck a hard man to beat.
sean is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #6
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
he is as thick as shit, but he is a good boxer , very good workrate/stamina/power/size/strength for a cruiserweight and obviously comes with bad intentions in every fight i have seen of him.

big men with that kind of workrate can always beat more talented boxers on sheer willpower and effort, which makes huck a hard man to beat.
Chin as well, Huck took some good shots from Tokarev and was unfazed. He came right back and hurt Tokarev. Huck will be difficult for any cruiserweight to beat .
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 AM   #7
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Strong, fast, hard hitting, skilled, tall and young. This man has a bright future especially given that his prime is a good six years off and he is still making the transition from kickboxer to boxer.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #8
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Huck can box nice on the outside, he is very quick ,and has a nice jab. He does have the same trainer and management as Ottke did.

Does he want to though? No, he comes to fight.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #9
llorca
Journeyman

Huck is a decent fighter but I wouldn't rank him in the top 5 quite yet. He might pack a punch but he's not explosive enough with it (4 stoppages in his last 10 fights against average opponents indicates too much caution), and too robotic in his movement. Good stamina, but never really been tested yet (hand-picked opponents).

Fighters like Bell, Haye & Maccarinelli are definitely a step too far at the moment.
llorca is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca
Huck is a decent fighter but I wouldn't rank him in the top 5 quite yet. He might pack a punch but he's not explosive enough with it (4 stoppages in his last 10 fights against average opponents indicates too much caution), and too robotic in his movement. Good stamina, but never really been tested yet (hand-picked opponents).

Fighters like Bell, Haye & Maccarinelli are definitely a step too far at the moment.
Never really been tested? Hm! I for my part would call Tokarev a very good test as he is one of the best fighters at cruiserweight at present.Huck passed that test quite successfully.
Maccarinelli is defeinitely a step too far at the moment! Hm! I quite disagree with you again.
Macarinelli would lose to Tokarev.The Brit's best skalp is the old Argie vet Dominguez.Huck has already faced much better opposition than Macarinelli.
Furthermore I cant really imagine that Lee Swaby would be able to knock out Huck as he did Macarinelli.
I watched one of Swaby's last fights live-against Alexeev who totally dominated his outclassed and outgunned opponent stopping him in round 5 if I remember correctly.

Anyway! Huck is Cunningham's mandatory.The American is no match for Huck IMO.Cunningham didnt look that convincing against Wlodarczyk who was one of the weakest champs out there anyway.Both Huck and Tokarev would beat both Cunningham and Wlodarcyzk,and ........Macarinelli.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
llorca
Journeyman

Tokarev is an average plodder (35, on the slide), nowhere near one of the best cruiserweights around! Another overrated Russian fighter. Maccarinelli's loss to Swaby - 7 years ago FYI in his fourth fight - was a one-off, I doubt Tokarev would get close enough to even lay a glove on him. That said, we'll see how good Maccarinelli is next month against Braithwaite.

Will be interesting to see Huck up against someone who can really bang rather than his paperweight opponents so far - Haye would have him for breakfast, you can be assured of that.

Huck for me is just another overhyped German-based robot that will be protected for years to come by Sauerland.

Last edited by llorca; 06-18-2007 at 10:34 AM.
llorca is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #12
giggigreto
Journeyman

Yeah, huck is too clumsy to win outside of germany, he will be kept protected there for as long as they can, possibly ever
giggigreto is online now  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca

Get out of here this nonsense, Maccarinelli!! The guy has fought powder puffs.

Bell is good but not that great , he got his butt kicked by Dale Brown but was given a terrible decision.Teddy Atlas straight up told Bell he didnt win the fight. Bell was on the verge of losing to Rothman , but pulled out an 11rd Ko. Two fighter that are no were near as good as Huck. Bell is a good fighter but very beatable.

Haye has fought good opposition , but has not beat anyone as good as Tokarev. Haye was knocked out by one as well, and was rocked bad by another. He beat a shitty polish Hw Bonin that Audley Harrison beat,that dont make him great. I seen Bonin's previous fight he was knocked down by a scrub with no fights in the first round. It looked like an amatuer fight.

Last edited by geppy; 06-18-2007 at 04:19 PM.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2007, 04:19 PM   #14
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
Yeah, huck is too clumsy to win outside of germany, he will be kept protected there for as long as they can, possibly ever
Protected, how ? Huck is fighting for the IBF World Title in his 20th fight at only 22 years old, you f#cking nitwit. What do you expect?

Huck fought 40-4-3 Rudiger May is his 11th fight.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #15
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

He simply is totally dedicated to boxing. Training hard. His natural aggressiveness is enough for two boxers. He sees the other sportsman as his personal enemy.

He is so young he can afford a loss to a good fighter - very likely by DQ if he does not loose his bad manners in the ring.
Rick G is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum