Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #16
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marco Huck: What is your opinion of him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca
Tokarev is an average plodder (35, on the slide), nowhere near one of the best cruiserweights around! Another overrated Russian fighter. Maccarinelli's loss to Swaby - 7 years ago FYI in his fourth fight - was a one-off, I doubt Tokarev would get close enough to even lay a glove on him. That said, we'll see how good Maccarinelli is next month against Braithwaite.

Will be interesting to see Huck up against someone who can really bang rather than his paperweight opponents so far - Haye would have him for breakfast, you can be assured of that.

Huck for me is just another overhyped German-based robot that will be protected for years to come by Sauerland.
Tokarev an average plodder,eh! Nowhere near one of the best cruiserweights around,eh!
Maccarinelli is head and shoulder above Tokarev,eh! Tokarev another(?) overrated Russian fighter,eh?
Haha! You are a jester,llorca!

Maccarinelli just had an off night against Swaby,eh!
Tokarev didnt have an off night against such a limited and harmless opponent,and he has faced much better opposition than Macarinelli so far.
Tokarev would probably stop your hero within the distance.
Huck! Haye would have him for breakfast,eh!Haye is a very good figher,and I have no clue what would be the outcome of a fight between Huck and Haye.Anyway! Huck and Haye play in the same division.Haye and Huck have something in common:both fought Abdoul,and both had to go the full route against that gatekeeper,but unlike Haye Huck is still undefeated.

Huck for you is just another overhyped German robot that will be protected for years to come,eh!
This last statement shows your obvious lack of knowledge,mate!
Huck is Cunningham's mandatory.Of course someone who fights Cunningham and Tokarev must be protected,eh!

Haha! Neither Tokarev nor Cunningham would be a match for the great Bobby Gunn,Macarinelli's last opponent.We all know that Gunn belongs among the top 5 of his weight division.
Haha!
You are a clueless jester,llorca!
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2007, 07:29 AM   #17
llorca
Journeyman

It's a shame you have to resort to insults Odo to defend your heroes. FYI I have followed boxing for many years, I also box so think I know enough about boxing to comment and not be regarded as a "clueless jester", lol. Have watched all of Huck's fights so far and can honestly say that he doesn't impress me. It's an opinion, get over it and your love for Captain Marco and Tokarev mate, it's embarrassing.

We'll see how good Huck is when he gets to fight someone decent with half a punch (you can't be serious about Tokarev, unless his display against Huck was a bad day at the office? I saw nothing there to worry anyone in the top 10) - I don't count Cunningham in that league TBH. What he does have on his side is age - I hope he improves in the next 2-3 years, otherwise he'll be treading the same path as a good many German-based fighters.

Haye for me is the man at cruiser, Macca is just a poor man's version (sorry to burst your bubble about my apparent obsession with him).
llorca is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #18
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by llorca
It's a shame you have to resort to insults Odo to defend your heroes. FYI I have followed boxing for many years, I also box so think I know enough about boxing to comment and not be regarded as a "clueless jester", lol. Have watched all of Huck's fights so far and can honestly say that he doesn't impress me. It's an opinion, get over it and your love for Captain Marco and Tokarev mate, it's embarrassing.

We'll see how good Huck is when he gets to fight someone decent with half a punch (you can't be serious about Tokarev, unless his display against Huck was a bad day at the office? I saw nothing there to worry anyone in the top 10) - I don't count Cunningham in that league TBH. What he does have on his side is age - I hope he improves in the next 2-3 years, otherwise he'll be treading the same path as a good many German-based fighters.

Haye for me is the man at cruiser, Macca is just a poor man's version (sorry to burst your bubble about my apparent obsession with him).
Well,Ilorca,your previous post was so funny that I couldnt hold back and call you what you seem to be when you wrote sentences like:

"Huck has never been really tested"
"Tokaev another overrated Russian fighter"
"We will see how good Huck is when he faces someone who can really bang"
"Fighters like Macarinelli are definitely are a step too far for Huck"
"Haye would have him for breakfast"
"Huck another overhyped robot who will be protected for years to come by Sauerland"
"Tokarev an average plodder"

Go and buy a tape of Tokarev vs Cora,or Tokarev vs Arslan,llorca!
As for Macarinelli in terms of defeated quality opposition he cant hold a candle to Huck.What's more Huch hasnt had an off night against a harmless journeyman like Swaby.
I watched Alexeev vs Swaby live.Alexeev beat up that British journeyman quite badly dominating every second of his encounter with him.
I can imagine a lot,but I really cant see Huck losing against such a limited fighter like Swaby.
Haye is a good fighter,and I am not sure whether I would put my money on him or on Huck if they even met inside a box ring.However,Haye wouldnt eat Huck for breakfast as you put it so nicely.Both Haye and Huck fought Abdoul,and both Huck and Haye had to go the full route with that teak tough Arab gatekeeper from Belgium.
Huck can hold his own against any present rival IMO.He may lose against Haye,but he for sure is no breakfast for the hungry Brit.
Huck will be protected for years to come,eh! Truly laughable statement,isnt it,llorca? Huck has already fought and defeated quite decent opposition in his rather short pro career.In his last fight he convincingly beat an opponent who was among the top fighters of his weight division in all leading box mags and ratings of the best box websites.Huck is Cunningham's mandatory.Nevertheless you call him a protected fighter.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #19
llorca
Journeyman

You seem to dwell on the past, Odo - your unhealthy obsession with Macca's fight against Swaby is truly incredible.

WTF has Alekseev's fight with Swaby got to do with it?! The Macca-Swaby fight was SEVEN years ago, early on in his career, I'm sure you'll agree that any fighter can have an off-day and get caught by a lucky punch... The fact of the matter is: Macca is WBO champion, whilst Huck is still a young pretender holding the lightly regarded EBU-EU strap - and will be until he's a world belt holder.

I think you might need to reassess your devotion to Captain Huck when he gets tested - which is a big "if" ((Sauerland are far too sensible to put him in with anyone that might damage his unbeaten record). An ageing Tokarev didn't exactly give him a proper test IMO, but whatever.

I'd be interested to see Huck in with someone who can really punch (let's be honest, Cunningham is more a slickster than puncher), as he hasn't been tested properly yet. Does he have a decent beard? The jury's out I'm afraid... until he gets flattened by a hayemaker

Last edited by llorca; 06-19-2007 at 09:22 AM.
llorca is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #20
llorca
Journeyman

Double post!
llorca is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #21
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

llorca I am not sure why you are so down on Huck. Yes he dominated Tokarev, but not because Vadim is bad but because he is a legit talent. Huck keeps his defense tight, is very strong, and has a sometimes wild but very good defense. Haye has many physical tools but has a very open defense and has yet to face the same level of opposition as Huck. His last fights, versus neither Johannson, or the feather fisted Fragomeni, are on the same level as Tokarev. The amount of trouble Haye had with Fragomeni before he stopped him does not inspire confidence, especially since Frago lacks any power. If Huck had been consistently landing on Haye it would have been a different story.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
giggigreto
Journeyman

It's not that difficult to cover up like Huck does, that's not 'great defence', it's simply the anti-boxe they teach boxers in germany, like Beyer, or even Abraham.
If you defend like that you get stiff and static; Haye prefers to move at the waist, or use footwork to avoid shots.
Arms loose and not strictly guarding the head makes for a better attack and body movement.
It would be not that difficult for Haye to just stand with his arms glued on his head, but it's just that he likes a more dynamic stance. Thank God.

Huck is clumsy with his shots, he is predictable, and he just covers up. And he fights smaller men like 5'10'' Tokarev or washed-up people like Rudiger May, who got KOed by featherfisted Jhonny Nelson, and couldn't win against a journeyman like Rossitto who got starched in 2 rounds by Haye and Gurov
Huck looks to me completely ordinary, and would get slaughtered by Maccarinelli or Haye. Hell, even Gurov would make a number on him.

I really can't imagine what can be said to hype a stiff like Huck, he is just a strong fella, but very limited boxing-wise...I don't even think he has some amateur experience, looking at his showings, how poor they are.
I am very surprised by a lot of knowleadgeble posters who think Huck is the next coming of a cruiserweight Jesus!!
Sure german TV has great spin doctors, to make you swallow all this hype!!
giggigreto is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #23
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
It's not that difficult to cover up like Huck does, that's not 'great defence', it's simply the anti-boxe they teach boxers in germany, like Beyer, or even Abraham.
If you defend like that you get stiff and static; Haye prefers to move at the waist, or use footwork to avoid shots.
Arms loose and not strictly guarding the head makes for a better attack and body movement.
It would be not that difficult for Haye to just stand with his arms glued on his head, but it's just that he likes a more dynamic stance. Thank God.

Huck is clumsy with his shots, he is predictable, and he just covers up. And he fights smaller men like 5'10'' Tokarev or washed-up people like Rudiger May, who got KOed by featherfisted Jhonny Nelson, and couldn't win against a journeyman like Rossitto who got starched in 2 rounds by Haye and Gurov
Huck looks to me completely ordinary, and would get slaughtered by Maccarinelli or Haye. Hell, even Gurov would make a number on him.

I really can't imagine what can be said to hype a stiff like Huck, he is just a strong fella, but very limited boxing-wise...I don't even think he has some amateur experience, looking at his showings, how poor they are.
I am very surprised by a lot of knowleadgeble posters who think Huck is the next coming of a cruiserweight Jesus!!
Sure german TV has great spin doctors, to make you swallow all this hype!!
faggarinelli dont last two rounds with him
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #24
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
faggarinelli dont last two rounds with him

Fragomeni would/ could IMO outpoint Huck, giggigreto is right in his good post, Huck is totally hyped up...
Luigi1985 is online now  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #25
giggigreto
Journeyman

thank you for support luigi!, but he probably was referring to maccarinelli..
i don't think fragomeni can win against huck because he is pushing his forties, and is only 5'9''! i don't think he can impose his pressure against the bigger, harder-hitting man..
But macca is even bigger than huck and surely can bang, i don't think huck has too much of a chance when his advanteges are nullified, even if macca isn't a great technical fighter either
giggigreto is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #26
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
thank you for support luigi!, but he probably was referring to maccarinelli..
i don't think fragomeni can win against huck because he is pushing his forties, and is only 5'9''! i don't think he can impose his pressure against the bigger, harder-hitting man..
But macca is even bigger than huck and surely can bang, i don't think huck has too much of a chance when his advanteges are nullified, even if macca isn't a great technical fighter either

Well, I meant the Fragomeni from the Haye-fight. Against David it were these deadly body shots why "Gabibbo" quit (Oliva). Huck would only try to knock him out, but against Fragomeni these head shots wouldnt work IMO. Maccarinelli, who I rate as a harder puncher, would be more difficult of course...
Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #27
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Well, I meant the Fragomeni from the Haye-fight. Against David it were these deadly body shots why "Gabibbo" quit (Oliva). Huck would only try to knock him out, but against Fragomeni these head shots wouldnt work IMO. Maccarinelli, who I rate as a harder puncher, would be more difficult of course...
You two Italians are very bitter. I can remember how pissed off you were at the Huck vs Aurino fight. Huck kicked the idiot , he left the ring and was Dq'd. To bad the thread was deleted , you just dont like Huck do you?

I see how it goes. Enzo Maccernelli is Italian hertiage, so he most be really good and fought tough opposition. David Haye beat the Italian Fragomeni in a tough close fight, so Haye is super. Huck kicked Aurino, so he is an asshole and you dont like him.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #28
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
You two Italians are very bitter. I can remember how pissed off you were at the Huck vs Aurino fight. Huck kicked the idiot , he left the ring and was Dq'd. To bad the thread was deleted , you just dont like Huck do you?

I see how it goes. Enzo Maccernelli is Italian hertiage, so he most be really good and fought tough opposition. David Haye beat the Italian Fragomeni in a tough close fight, so Haye is super. Huck kicked Aurino, so he is an asshole and you dont like him.

My god are you childish! Boxing is not a teamsport that I help to the Italian fighters. Haye hit Fragomeni with everything he had, but Giacobbe was never hurt. The bodyshots wear him down, and I never saw that Huck is such a technique wizard that he could hurt Fragomeni with such shots. IMO Maccarinelli, a 64 CW with more power, would be a worse matchup, wont you agree?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #29
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
My god are you childish! Boxing is not a teamsport that I help to the Italian fighters. Haye hit Fragomeni with everything he had, but Giacobbe was never hurt. The bodyshots wear him down, and I never saw that Huck is such a technique wizard that he could hurt Fragomeni with such shots. IMO Maccarinelli, a 64 CW with more power, would be a worse matchup, wont you agree?
Of course I see how you think. The Italian Maccerinelli is an amzaing fighter, who has fought tough oppositon, but Huck is protected. Haye had excellent technique against the incredible great Fragomeni, so Huck could not stand a chance.

I know you hate Huck . I recall the shit you talked during the Aurino vs Huck fight thread. Your judgement is totally biased.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #30
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
Of course I see how you think. The Italian Maccerinelli is an amzaing fighter, who has fought tough oppositon, but Huck is protected. Haye had excellent technique against the incredible great Fragomeni, so Huck could not stand a chance.

I know you hate Huck . I recall the shit you talked during the Aurino vs Huck fight thread. Your judgement is totally biased.

You can put your irony and sarcasm into the part of your body whos normally reserved for your boyfriend, dont get on my nerves, boy. Maccarinelli and Huck are both 2 good CWs who didnt fight real good CWs that we can really judge them, IMO Maccarinelli is the bigger hitter, thats what I wrote, are I than automatically biased? Perhaps you confound me with someone other, I only wrote one or two posts in the Huck- Aurino thread I think (that this is typical for Germany, 2 fighters were dirty, Huck, who started it and kicked Aurino got nothing and Pietro got 2 points deducted, that were normal arguments who even 99 % of my German fellows agree with me)...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum