Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #31
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marco Huck: What is your opinion of him?

I think it is fair to rate Macca ahead of Huck, but not Haye. Haye simply hasn't fought as good competition, has shown serious *****s in his armor, and his defense is just too open. One has to figure that Huck, being a tall fast fighter who is quite strong and packs quite a punch, would be able to land pretty frequently on Haye due to his open guard.

Sorry but if Fragomeni could land consistently and make it a tough fight then you have to favor Huck over Haye.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2007, 07:40 PM   #32
Pamuk41
Isopoda

First of all Tokarev has convinced me in all fights i have seen him being in i.e.: vs. Arslan, Cora jr., Huck of being a dangerous and inspired fighter witch quite a good chin but some stamina problems.

According the Huck vs. Haye/Maccarinelli comparisons:

Maccarinelli is a limited boxer to me though with very good power in his right hand. I don`t think he could take on a concentrated Huck because of his effective turtle defense (may it be pretty or not) plus Huck has some firepower himself amd Macca is notz a defensive genius.

Haye could starch anyone at cruiser even a solid chin like Huck. But the longer the figt goes the more i would lean towards Huck.

Pamuk
Pamuk41 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 PM   #33
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Huck has done something neither Maccarinelli or Haye has ever done. Huck defeated a legit top 10 World rated Cruiserweight , Tokarev. I beleive Tokarev was Ring magazine top 5 before Huck beat him, now ranked #9 by Ring.

Sorry, I dont think Marcelo Dominguez or Bobby Gunn are top 10 rated World Class fighters. Haye has beaten decent fringe contenders Glenn Kelly and Alexander Gurov, who fight class fighters but are usually dominated.Haye has beat undefeated prospects as Lasse Johansen , and Fragomeni but niether was proven fighters. Haye has good wins but never against a top 10 fighter yet .
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #34
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
Huck has done something neither Maccarinelli or Haye has ever done. Huck defeated a legit top 10 World rated Cruiserweight , Tokarev. I beleive Tokarev was Ring magazine top 5 before Huck beat him, now ranked #9 by Ring.

Sorry, I dont think Marcelo Dominguez or Bobby Gunn are top 10 rated World Class fighters. Haye has beaten decent fringe contenders Glenn Kelly and Alexander Gurov, who fight class fighters but are usually dominated.Haye has beat undefeated prospects as Lasse Johansen , and Fragomeni but niether was proven fighters. Haye has good wins but never against a top 10 fighter yet .
I quite agree with you,geppy!
Tokarev is a top 10 fighter.To tell the truth I for my part thought that Huck would lose against Tokarev.I thought that Tokarev would have had the upper hand in firepower and experience being able to stop his green and relatively inexperienced foe.Huck proved me wrong.He is for real,and can take on any of his better ranked rivals.Both Macca and Haye have a chance to beat the young talent,but Huck wouldnt be the underdog against neither fighter IMO.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #35
giggigreto
Journeyman

Please stop it, open your eyes guys!! Don't buy in the germanTV hype!!!
giggigreto is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #36
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

News: According to boxen.com in his fight against Tokarev Huck suffered a broken right hand in the 5th round. Directly after the fight the hand was put into plaster, a week later he underwent surgery, and currently he has to wear a splint.
So Huck dominated Tokarev mainly with his left!
I broke my right hand, too. I can tell you it causes real pain.
Rick G is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #37
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G
News: According to boxen.com in his fight against Tokarev Huck suffered a broken right hand in the 5th round. Directly after the fight the hand was put into plaster, a week later he underwent surgery, and currently he has to wear a splint.
So Huck dominated Tokarev mainly with his left!
I broke my right hand, too. I can tell you it causes real pain.

Thatīs just propaganda to hype up Huck, thatīs no surprise when you look from where this information came...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #38
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knackwurst
And your posting is just "blabala" without anything behind it

What a suprise that some German fellas donīt agree when I write something negative about the "German" Muamer Hukic, aka Marco Huck...

Iīm just honest, Huck made some great progress, but heīs far away from that what some here thinks now...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #39
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

I like Marco Huck, heīs very young and one of the top prospects of the CW division. He didnīt go the usually route, fight 30 journeymen to padd his record or so, he fought very quick some decent names, but now, some here overact with him, he isnīt (right now) the world beater some try to make him now, Tokarev is a solid CW, but I said always he fought almost nobody and that he has a very questionable stamina. The elite is, Mormeck, Bell, Haye, Maccarinelli, Cunningham, Wlodarczyk, Arslan, Brudov and some others, Huck, Banks, Godfrey, etc. are the top prospects...
Old 06-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #40
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
Please stop it, open your eyes guys!! Don't buy in the germanTV hype!!!
German tv hype?? What the hell are you talking about,mate! I for my part dont care a fig for German tv and its commentators.
Huck deserves respect for his impressive victory over top ten figher Tokarev.Who the heck gives a damn whether german tv praises him as well or not?
Tokarev is a legit top 10 world ranked cruiser weight,and Huck showed a great performance against him.
Props to Huck! He deserves respect for his last outing to a box ring.He isnt the most likeable human being out there.Thats for sure! And neither does he seem to be one of the most intelligent human beings.However,he has defeated a legit top 10 fighter+beaten some decent opponents in his short pro career.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #41
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
I like Marco Huck, heīs very young and one of the top prospects of the CW division. He didnīt go the usually route, fight 30 journeymen to padd his record or so, he fought very quick some decent names, but now, some here overact with him, he isnīt (right now) the world beater some try to make him now, Tokarev is a solid CW, but I said always he fought almost nobody and that he has a very questionable stamina. The elite is, Mormeck, Bell, Haye, Maccarinelli, Cunningham, Wlodarczyk, Arslan, Brudov and some others, Huck, Banks, Godfrey, etc. are the top prospects...
Give me a break,luigi!
You call Wlodarczyk,Cunningham,Arslan,Brudov,and Macarinelli the "flor y la nata "of the cruiser weight division,but Vadim Tokarev is merely a solid cruiser weight in your opinion.
As you may know Tokarev fought your top gun Firat Arslan in Arslan's backyard a few years ago.The outcome of that fight was a draw.
Brudov an elite fighter?? He lost almost every round against the old geezer Virgil Hill.
Wlodarczyk? He was one of the weakest champs within the last few years,and his conqueror Cunningham isnt that much better either.
Macarinelli? His resume is full of names like Bobby Gunn.
Tokarev has beaten quite a few good names like Simms,Ismailov,or the highly regarded American Cora.
I would also put my money on Tokarev in a fight against Wlodarczyk,Cunningham,Brudov,or Macarinelli.
I didnt think that Huck would be able to go the full distance with Tokarev.He did,and proved me wrong.On top of that he beat Tokarev quite convincingly.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #42
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Tokarev is a solid CW, but I said always he fought almost nobody and that he has a very questionable stamina. The elite is, Mormeck, Bell, Haye, Maccarinelli, Cunningham, Wlodarczyk, "Arslan", Brudov and some others, Huck, Banks, Godfrey, etc. are the top prospects...
You post some ignorant stuff Luigi, check your facts.

Arslan is a top notch CW, but Tokarev hasnt fought anyone, Ha, ha. You dont realize they had a draw!

Again Who did Haye or Maccernelli ever beat to be considered "elite"? Enzo was handed a belt when Johnny Nelson retired and hasnt fought anyone yet. Enzo beat Dominguez for the vacant belt, I have never seen an easier title fight, then he fought Bobby Gunn!!
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #43
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Brudov an elite fighter?? He lost almost every round against the old geezer Virgil Hill.
Wlodarczyk? He was one of the weakest champs within the last few years,and his conqueror Cunningham isnt that much better either.
Macarinelli? His resume is full of names like Bobby Gunn.
Indeed.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #44
giggigreto
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
German tv hype?? What the hell are you talking about,mate! I for my part dont care a fig for German tv and its commentators.
Huck deserves respect for his impressive victory over top ten figher Tokarev.Who the heck gives a damn whether german tv praises him as well or not?
Tokarev is a legit top 10 world ranked cruiser weight,and Huck showed a great performance against him.
Props to Huck! He deserves respect for his last outing to a box ring.He isnt the most likeable human being out there.Thats for sure! And neither does he seem to be one of the most intelligent human beings.However,he has defeated a legit top 10 fighter+beaten some decent opponents in his short pro career.
the fight is on youtube,[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and all i see is a slow plodding Tokarev that can't beat a guy in Huck who just covers up and throws 1-2s and 1-1-2s all the time, sometimes leading with his head too. No sign of "top 10 Cruiserweights" there.
I didn't see Tokarev before, but this was a very underpar performance...what can i say?

I still think it was clubfighter boxing.

Haye is on a whole other level: 'he is open, not a good defense';
he just doesn't cover up like Huck. If you cover up like that you are going to shoot out predictable combinations. In germany, that seems to not matter, because you can still score a win against overmatched opponents and the fans incredibly do not get bored by those dull performances.

Oh, and Aurino is one of the best technical fighters in Europe. It just happens that he doesn't train, and he is a bit insane. Now it appears that he is involved in some drug traffic affair, and if the allegations will prove to be true, his boxing career would be over. Huck looked amateurish against him, and it's a shame that the best boxer is threated like an opponent, because the other guy is an hype machine.

I hope he won't be protected for too long, against 'top10 cruiserweights' like this Tokarev.. Bring the pain!!!
I want a Haye, a Maccarinelli or a O'neill Bell to land some leather on this *S*uck, and let's really see what he is made of!!! But his promoter will never allow fights Suck is certainly gonna lose
giggigreto is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 PM   #45
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto

I hope he won't be protected for too long, against 'top10 cruiserweights' like this Tokarev.. Bring the pain!!!
I want a Haye, a Maccarinelli or a O'neill Bell to land some leather on this *S*uck, and let's really see what he is made of!!! But his promoter will never allow fights Suck is certainly gonna lose
Huck is fighting for the IBF Cruiserweight title , you idiot. How many times do people have to keep telling you? You have this notion that , Huck is going to avoid real fights. No, he is fighting for a World Title in only his 20th fight! Do I have to tell you again? Huck will be fighting for a world title shortly. What do you expect ?
geppy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum