Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #46
giggigreto
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marco Huck: What is your opinion of him?

being a fan of such a trash boxer like Suck really qualifies you, geppy !
I hope Cunningham wins. I've never seen him fight, but he seems safer than either Maccarinelli and Mormeck. I mean, he doesn't pack a punch, and probably he is phisically weaker than Huck.
If Suck wins I will be sad, because no way he will square off against credible opponents, I know my Sauerland
giggigreto is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #47
Pamuk41
Isopoda

Anyone who sees Huck as a clubfighter and Macca as a world class operator can`t be serious.

I don`t say it`s the other way round but there is no big difference
in class to be seen. If it is I would say Huck is the better of the two.

Pamuk
Pamuk41 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #48
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
being a fan of such a trash boxer like Suck really qualifies you, geppy !
I hope Cunningham wins. I've never seen him fight, but he seems safer than either Maccarinelli and Mormeck. I mean, he doesn't pack a punch, and probably he is phisically weaker than Huck.
If Suck wins I will be sad, because no way he will square off against credible opponents, I know my Sauerland
Mate,you still keep maitaining that Huck wont face credible opposition despite the fact that quite a bunch of posters here have already pointed out that Huck convincingly defeated a legit top 10 fighter in his last outing to a ring.
Simms,Abdoul,and May are for sure no top guns,but they are decent skalps.
Huck is Cunningham's mandatory.
Do you really dare to claim that both Cunningham and Tokarev are no credible opponents?
I am not that high on Cunningham,but he is the champ and no bum at all.
And Tokarev had beaten some good foes before he met Huck in the ring.
I guess that you are one of those guys who strongly dislike a certain fighter and consequently tend to dismiss him as a fighter ,too.
I,too,dislike Huck.He isnt a very likeable human being.Furthermore he seems to be quite thick,too.
Nevertheless he deserves respect for his last performance against Tokarev,and for his achievements in his rather short pro career.
Huck can punch,has skills,is fast,and seems to posess the fitting mental attitude to go very far.
To call him "Sucks" just shows your obvious ignorance,mate!
I am not one of his nuthuggers,but dont you think that it is that manly to be in the business of namecalling while sitting behind a comp ,and the object of your evilness cant give you a taste of your own medicine?
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #49
giggigreto
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Huck has skills
I don't really treat other people judgement like the holy bible. If 10 million people would tell me that Huck (Suck) is a boxer who has skills, i would still point out that there are videos out there which shows that Suck has very average ability at best.
Again, Tokarev didn't make for a great showing in that video, as I said in my 3 or 4 precedent posts, but you keep saying that he is top 10 because the people say so, and he beat ismail and felix cora jr. That proves only that he is better than felix cora jr, not that he is better than other 6 hundreds cruiserweight boxers.
As i said, matter of fact he looks rather plodding, he is very short and stocky, and should have been a light heavyweight in his better days. There are surely more than 9 boxers in europe or america who can beat that guy in the video.

I don't speak German and I don't know what personality does he possess. I just hate him because I think he doesn't deserve all the attention he gains here on this board. I see nothing in him yet people here seems really excited about him. He has size and strenght, and that's all. Samuel Peter in comparison is a professor of boxing technique.

And since Suck puts himself on the line and get paid to do so, he is open to be criticized, ripped and even mocked by fans. It's not a personal offence he has to avenge, I'm not 'brave and manly' enough because I talk trash of boxers on the internet. I talk trash because the praise he gets on this thread I find incomprehensible.
Look at what the boxing writers have done to Jhon Ruiz. He became a joke, and he has no credibility now. But he has to blame only himself, because his fightstyle was ugly. If he was good and exciting, boxing writers would have praised him. That's how it goes.
No censorship in the free western world
Old 06-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #50
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vadim is certainly better than Fragomeni and Haye looked less than stellar against him.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #51
giggigreto
Journeyman

Haye won every round and made him quit, a cut notwithstanding
Old 06-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #52
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Haye won every round and made him quit, a cut notwithstanding
If Haye was fighting someone with a punch, ie Tokarev, that face to fist defense wouldn't have worked, and no he didn't win every round. Scores at the time of the stoppage were 77-76, 78-75 and 79-74.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #53
giggigreto
Journeyman

against someone as slow and short as Tokarev, Haye would just mantain his distance and use his longer reach. A more elegant and polished, yet effective, defence than having the gloves constantly glued on your face.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #54
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Maccarinelli, Haye and Huck never had a defining fight against a top 5 but it will happen soon for Haye and Huck (I am not so sure about Maccarinelli who could choose to sleep since he has the WBO belt...)
I respect Huck's carrer, he is not too much protected with fights against May (a homer I dislike for some reason...) and recently Tokarev who is a very decent test. I rank G.Jones, Braithwaite, Cunningham, Mormeck, Bell > Tokarev in terms of skills but he is a real test for a prospect. Huck is ready to take someone in the top 5. He would have a real chance against Cunningham in Germany imo. Cunningham could avoid the fight but he cannot choose an easy voluntary defense. If he chose to avoid Huck he would be obliged to take Mormeck who called him out. Their promoter King who has much influence on the IBF wants the fight and the negociations have begun.
Haye is another problem. He didn't prove much against the only top 15 he fought at cruiser : Thompson. But he is something special as he is a big cruiser who hits very very hard and the public likes that. I like his career, he is not protected and I respect him : a loss in a tough domestic fight (Thompson). He came back. Convincing EBU fights (Gurov etc.) and a final eliminatory against an EBU level opponent (Fragomeni). He was stopped against Thompson , I would have prefered the eliminatory to be against another experienced top 15 (G.Jones for example) . But it's not a bad career ! He will have a very tough test soon. He is maybe a bit overconfident as it seems he thinks Mormeck is a complete bum. I read something like "I just need to be 75% to KO him" etc. It's not just talking, it seems he really believes that since he chose to prepare against a limited slow HW. Even if Mormeck is past it Haye could be surprised. Mormeck does not care about him though and he is focused on Cunningham. But Bell is still in the mix for the WBC, he will be hungry, he can take a punch and he can also hit very hard. Haye vs Bell your opinion ?
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #55
giggigreto
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Haye vs Bell your opinion ?
Tough fight to predict!

But perhaps Bell needs to settle the score against Mormeck, they should make a third fight. Then unify (Cunningham) or take on newcomers (HAye, Maccarinelli, Matt Godfrey, or even the boombastic Huck, if they feel sadic )
Old 06-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #56
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
against someone as slow and short as Tokarev, Haye would just mantain his distance and use his longer reach. A more elegant and polished, yet effective, defence than having the gloves constantly glued on your face.
You are aware that Tokarev is taller than Fragomeni right? Also that Fragomeni is not necessarily anything resembling fast, even with all that Haye was not able to keep him at the end of his jab. As far as elegant and polished are you so critical of Winky Wright too or is this disdain simply held for boxers based in Germany?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #57
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
But perhaps Bell needs to settle the score against Mormec
It will never happen. Bell is not very interesting for a big purse and Mormeck won't fight him if he is not obliged to do so. Mormeck and Bell dislike each other. Bell tried his best to avoid the rematch and in the end he took it cause he didn't find any other option. Mormeck hadn't looked for excuses and he had given Bell all the credit after the first fight. After the second fight Bell said he had won every round and he became crasy at the press conference (his team was obliged to calm him etc.). Mormeck is obsessed by the belts and he was unhappy the rematch wasn't for the undisputed title. He was interested in Braithwaite and Bell. He was interested in Diablo. Now he wants Cunningham... He wants to become the undisputed champion and he wants to have the 3 (or 4) major belts. I don't know if he will succeed but his goal has never changed. Tiozzo wanted him but he said he would have been interested in Tiozzo if he could have obtained the WBO belt first (strange opinion since Tiozzo would have been his biggest purse in career with or without the WBO belt !). He also said would have prefered Haye to obtain the WBO belt first etc.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #58
giggigreto
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
You are aware that Tokarev is taller than Fragomeni right? Also that Fragomeni is not necessarily anything resembling fast, even with all that Haye was not able to keep him at the end of his jab. As far as elegant and polished are you so critical of Winky Wright too or is this disdain simply held for boxers based in Germany?
actually, I like Winky!! He was a stick and move fighter once, but now his style isn't buying him big purses or new fans, he is heavily criticized in america for his 'boring' style. At least he threws good combinations and has great timing with the jab. He is no HUck. Huck is crude terchnique-wise. Abraham too is quite stiff, but his combination punching is fluid.

I like some fighters from germany, but they were all good amateurs, and they came from eastern nations. I don't particularly enjoy the style a-la beyer or abraham they adopt in germany. I admit, i'm not particularly fond of it.

Fragomeni is a pressure fighter, he comes forward and takes a lot of punches to land his own, but he is undersize, so his punches don't hurt too much. Haye knew this and accepted the aggressiveness of his foe, as the exchanges were more punishing to Fragomeni, in the long term. It led to his eventual victory.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #59
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
LMAO, after all of that shit giggigreto , Tokarev is taller than Fragomeni!!! Haye had a great win against Fragomeni, but Huck just fights much smaller fighters. Ok, that makes great sense, please keep enlighening us.

Last edited by geppy; 06-23-2007 at 04:29 PM.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM   #60
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:
"Tokarev is a solid CW, but I said always he fought almost nobody and that he has a very questionable stamina. The elite is, Mormeck, Bell, Haye, Maccarinelli, Cunningham, Wlodarczyk, "Arslan", Brudov and some others, Huck, Banks, Godfrey, etc. are the top prospects..."
Luigi, you dont even have any idea Tokarev fought one of your "elite" Cruiserweights "Arslan" !! What do you to say after posting something that ignorant ?

Vadim Tokarev 189¼ Firat Arslan 189¾ 18-2-0 Nürburgring Racetrack, Germany D PTS 12
geppy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum