Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #61
giggigreto
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marco Huck: What is your opinion of him?

Haye just fights better, he throws all the punches perfectly, he is more mobile, more powerful, spectacular while being very good.
H(S)uck is ugly to watch and very predictable.

I'm not basing my preferences on the credentials of their opponents, like you do. I watch the fights, and I see a good fighter in Haye, while In Huck I don't see nothing good. Haye is going to hold his own and potentially dominate when he steps up at world class level ( that means only bell, mormeck, really not tokarev!). Huck is gonna get schooled if he fights any of the three, and if this wasn't cruiserweight but a more deep division Huck just would not be a boxer, he would still be in whatever combat sport he was, because u can't improvise a boxer at welterweight or middlewieght and sell him as a world class prospect!!!

This is grounded on observation on how the guys fight, not who they fight. I don't like to speculate if Fragomeni is different or not to Tokarev, better or not.
Still the better fighter who Haye fought IMO was Gurov, who lasted not even a round against him, while Fragomeni nealry made the distance and ancient Carl Thompson actually beat Haye. What does it prove?? Nothing.
Speculating that Huck is good because he won a MD against 5'10'' bloated Tokarev who won against some american guys with goodlooking records on homesoil, what does it prove?? Does It give legitimity, good fighting credentials to Tokarev or Huck, despite they look awful when actually boxing??

It's your stupid "on paper" comparisons that don't make any sense to me!!!
giggigreto is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #62
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
LMAO, after all of that shit, Tokarev is taller than Fragomeni!!! Haye had a great win against Fragomeni, but Huck just fights much smaller fighters. Ok, that makes great sense, please keep enlighening us.
Well the hell are you talking about Geppy? I was saying Huck's win over Tokarev is better than Haye's over Fragomeni, or is reading comprehension not one of your strengths?
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 04:18 PM   #63
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
Haye just fights better, he throws all the punches perfectly, he is more mobile, more powerful, spectacular while being very good.

I'm not basing my preferences on the credentials of their opponents, like you do. I watch the fights, and I see a good fighter in Haye, while In Huck I don't see nothing good. Haye is going to hold his own and potentially dominate when he steps up at world class level ( that means only bell, mormeck, really not tokarev!). Huck is gonna get schooled if he fights any of the three, and if this wasn't cruiserweight but a more deep division Huck just would not be a boxer, he would still be in whatever combat sport he was, because u can't improvise a boxer at welterweight or middlewieght and sell him as a world class prospect!!!

This is grounded on observation on how the guys fight, not who they fight. I don't like to speculate if Fragomeni is different or not to Tokarev, better or not.
Still the better fighter who Haye fought IMO was Gurov, who lasted not even a round against him, while Fragomeni nealry made the distance and ancient Carl Thompson actually beat Haye. What does it prove?? Nothing.
Speculating that Huck is good because he won a MD against 5'10'' bloated Tokarev who won against some american guys with goodlooking records on homesoil, what does it prove?? Does It give legitimity, good fighting credentials to Tokarev or Huck, despite they look awful when actually boxing??

You don't look at their opponents' credentials? Wow that is some great logic there. So if Haye looks good against worst opposition than Huck he is better just because he looks good, mind you he didn't look good against Fragomeni. As for the MD, that was bull and everyone knows it, Huck clearly won.

By the way Huck has shown better footwork and a better ability to control distance, that is why he didn't have Tokarev on his ass the same way that Haye had Fragomeni breathing down his throat the entire fight.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #64
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

Quote:

Some would say Haye didnt look too good himself against Fragomeni. The guy is only 5'9 lol, Haye fights smaller guys!

You are the one making "stupid on paper" comaprisons that dont make any sense , and it was pointed out to you!!! Remember, and stupid is the right word !

You: "against someone as slow and short as Tokarev, Haye would just mantain his distance and use his longer reach."

Alcaldemb : "You are aware that Tokarev is taller than Fragomeni right? Also that Fragomeni is not necessarily anything resembling fast, even with all that Haye was not able to keep him at the end of his jab." LMAO!!!
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #65
giggigreto
Journeyman

I didn't say i don't look to the opponents' credentials, you dialectic genious.

Huck at his best doesn't look better than Haye at his worst.

Let's go straight to the point ,do you think Huck got any remote possibility to beat Haye in a boxing match, and not actually get totally schooled??
Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #66
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
Well the hell are you talking about Geppy? I was saying Huck's win over Tokarev is better than Haye's over Fragomeni, or is reading comprehension not one of your strengths?
I was refering to giggigreto, you showed him. Good job.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #67
giggigreto
Journeyman

Quote:
Some would say Haye didnt look too good himself against Fragomeni. The guy is only 5'9 lol, Haye fights smaller guys!

You are the one making "stupid on paper" comaprisons that dont make any sense , and it was pointed out to you!!! Remember, and stupid is the right word !

You: "against someone as slow and short as Tokarev, Haye would just mantain his distance and use his longer reach."

Alcaldemb : "You are aware that Tokarev is taller than Fragomeni right? Also that Fragomeni is not necessarily anything resembling fast, even with all that Haye was not able to keep him at the end of his jab." LMAO!!!
Here we go with another stand-out in rethorical excellence!

Take a look at the way Fragomeni fights: he comes forward, even walks forward, he doesn't care to get hit and throws what he has to throw, accepting to take the punishment meanwhile. It isn't possible to not get involved in a fight against a guy like that, if you are not a slickster and a runner, which Haye is not. Haye too comes to fight.
Tokarev is different, and he likes to stalk. He is not a very busy fighter, like fragomeni is.

There are various types of short fighters, it's not that everyone fights the same way, depending on their height.
Please stop trying to look a smart ass, pointing out contradictions that are suspect to even exist

Oh, and LMAO ROTFL PM PVT and oh yeah WTF

Last edited by giggigreto; 06-23-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #68
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I was refering to giggigreto, you showed him. Good job.
Ok man, I was like WTF, thanks for fixing that.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #69
giggigreto
Journeyman

Let's go straight to the point ,do you think Huck got any remote possibility to beat Haye in a boxing match, and not actually get totally schooled??

Let's make a poll out of this
Old 06-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #70
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I didn't say i don't look to the opponents' credentials, you dialectic genious.

Huck at his best doesn't look better than Haye at his worst.

Hey if Carl Thompson could, and if Fragomeni and Johansson can land consistently hell yes. Huck is fast, he does hit hard and he is skilled. I think if they were to fight Huck would be a favorite as he is better at covering up and he is quite fast and rangy and does hit quite hard.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #71
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Here we go with another stand-out in rethorical excellence!

Take a look at the way Fragomeni fights: he comes forward, even walks forward, he doesn't care to get hit and throws what he has to throw, accepting to take the punishment meanwhile. It isn't possible to not get involved in a fight against a guy like that, if you are not a slickster and a runner, which Haye is not. Haye too comes to fight.
Tokarev is different, and he likes to stalk. He is not a very busy fighter, like fragomeni is.

There are various types of short fighters, it's not that everyone fights the same way, depending on their height.
Please stop trying to look a smart ass, pointing out contradictions that are suspect to even exist

Oh, and LMAO ROTFL PM PVT and oh yeah WTF
Walking foreward and not caring if he gets hit, is better than stalking an opponent, ok. That just makes great sense. At least Tokarev can punch when he gets close. So, Fragomei is short, doesnt worry about defense, and has no power 22 wins only 10 Ko's. Sounds real impressive.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 PM   #72
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion,giggigreto!
No doubt about that!
"I watch the fights"
Well,I strongly recommend you to watch some of Tokarev's fights!
First of all you would know that the MD victory for Huck was a joke! Huck didnt deserve a MD,but a UD.Anyway!
Go and watch Tokarev vs Cora,or vs Arslan !
Tokarev is head and shoulders above fighters like Fragomeni.
Huck would be schooled by Mormeck,Haye,and Bell,eh! Maybe! Maybe not!
I think that you tend to dismiss Huck because you dont like him very much.
Huck has proved that he can play in the first division by beating Tokarev.
He has passed another test quite successully,too.He beat cruiser weight top gatekeeper Abdoul.Huck also beat Simms,Seferi,and May.No top figher of course,but decent boxers.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #73
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Give me a break,luigi!
Brudov an elite fighter?? He lost almost every round against the old geezer Virgil Hill.

So would Huck also. In a neutral country, I would favour Brudov to win against Huck, Arslan, whoīs a non-stop pressure fighter, was beaten by Valery, and Firat is better than Huck right now.
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #74
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcaldemb
Vadim is certainly better than Fragomeni and Haye looked less than stellar against him.

Forget it, Tokarev is/ was a hyped up small CW with the stamina of Sanders at the best, I always said it, not only now. Fragomeni was a great HW amateur with very good skills, an iron chin and with good volume punching. Would he went pro sooner and to a good promoter he could have been world champion easily. You canīt compare Tokarev with Fragomeni, even now Fragomeni would win IMO...
Old 06-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #75
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Maccarinelli, Huck and Haye are all ca. on the same level right now. All three arenīt in their primes now, letīs see who will go the furthest, but that Huck is much better than a Haye like some of you say now is just ridiculous. But like I wrote, IMO if a fight will be make in a neutral country, letīs say against Brudov I think Huck would lose...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum