RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: George Foreman Vs Rocky Maricano

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
nice try, ... Pure demagoguery
a great small fighter beats a big heavy bag, a great big fighter beats an small great fighter.

Yes the size is a factor when you are not a hw and you have to face atg hw plus foreman is top 2 hardest punchers and probably the strongest and most brutal hw.
It is not only the size, it is about styles, marciano had nothing above foreman except the stamina, but the stamina would not be a factor in this fight, marciano did not have the style to avoid foreman early.
Hey Combateo how's it going my man? You still slugging it out in this thread? Thought i read somewhere you'd got banned or something - good to see you're still punching

PS you say a great big fighter beats a small great fighter (??) but I think in this case we are talking about an absolutely superlative elite legendary (something altogether different) small fighter with freakish power and strength of his own versus a godawful big boxer who just happened to have collossul power which got him out of a hole a lot of the time when his amateurish limitedness was making him look a bit clueless against people who in hindsight you would've imagine he would've dominated - that's the difference
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum