Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850
Default Greg Inglis looking to play Football for Essendon FC

It has been reported on 6pr Sports Central that Greg Inglis will becmeeting with newly appointed Essendon FC coach James Hird tomorrow at Windy Hill.

The deal with Bunnies is dead. Inglis playing at South Sydney looks highly unlikely with any prospect of Inglis playning NRL the Paramatta Eels would be it. Bookies are offering 6/1 odds on this option.
With the Eels stalling at taking any Souths players with thier excess salary cap the likelyhood of Inglis pulling on an Eels guernsey is almost a foregone conclusion.

Inglis would have to be kidding himself if he thinks he would get a start at AFL senior level at all. He is overwieght, lacks endurance and would have zero skills to work with in transition of codes. What a waste of James Hirds time and a blatant ploy to send NRL into panic mode over the struck out Bunnies deal.

6/1 odds look very good.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Greg Inglis looking to play Football for Essendon FC

Who gives a ****? Can he make Light Heavyweight? I doubt it...
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Just what Aussie boxing needs.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

I hope he does CottonOn because im fed up with Gallop and his ****s down at NRL headquarters.

Who's next from the NRL to leave Benji or Carney.

When will they wake the **** UP.

I read somewhere that Inglis is 4 weeks behind or so on Mortgage payments.

The NRL keep ****ing it up. After the Storm fiasco they needed to change things then and the Salary Cap.

Oh but NO theres nothing wrong with what we do.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The NRL is on the verge of imploding .... the quality will leave as it has been doing for many seasons now and the storm fiasco could be the tip of the iceberg ! .... we need the best so the salary cap has to increase massively ! ... we need players like SBW .. Hunt and Folau in our game ... time for them to wake up before the Marshalls , Carneys and Princes move onto Union ....
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The problem with the salary cap is that it's so uncompromising, & is fundamentaly a restriction of trade.

It's theory is that it stops wealthy teams from buying a GF through poaching, but like all theories, if it doesn't work in practice, it's just a page of script.

It would seem to me that the best way to stabilize the game is to address it at the Junior level, not the senior.

E.G. A player that started his career with South Sydney, would have a "concessional salary" (Call it "CS"). of,, say,, $25K, which means that it is excluded from the salary cap limitations.

A senior player might have a CS of $100+K etc. This would put him out of bounds to a salary capped wealthy club trying to poach him.
It also helps to keep teams loyal & thus address the discontentment that fans feel when they lose one of their own.
It also encourages clubs to develope the juniors with a much more enthusiastic effort.

Players have short careers so they do need to get what they can while they can, & they do want career stability & ATM, it's disfuctional, fragmented & disillusioned with the NRL who seem to be obsessed with legalities & not solutions.

JMO
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If he doesn't play in the NRL he'll play French rugby................. no way will he play AFL, as someone said, he's overweight, lacks endurance and has no skill set to play the game..... therefore he'll fit right into French rugby
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post

I read somewhere that Inglis is 4 weeks behind or so on Mortgage payments.

The NRL keep ****ing it up. After the Storm fiasco they needed to change things then and the Salary Cap.

Oh but NO theres nothing wrong with what we do.
Not only is he behind on his mortgage payments, but he's living in Shane Richardsons house and is owed over 200K by the Storm.

Inglis will be a Rabbitoh. Unfortunately it looks like Souths will bend over to the NRL and shed players to make it happen.

I'd love nothing more than to see us fight their ruling in court and I have little doubt that we would win. But if that process were to happen, it would take time, and GI would have moved on by then.

From where I stand, the NRL keep moving the goal posts in relation to the salary cap rule. They wanted the third party sponsors to sign stat decs that they were approached by Inglis' manager and not Crowe, they did, Now it seems that was irrelevant as they are simply not happy that Greg is on 190K cap money. How it took them 37 dads to reject the contract on that basis, I have no idea.

Ian Schubert is way out of his league and should be a water bottle carrier for the scum. If the NRL were fair dinkum, they should hire their own hroup of forensic accountants to handle the cap and not some ex footy player TAFE graduate moron.

If Schubert isnt happy that GI is only on 190K cap money, then what does he have to say about Gasnier being on 50K for half a season this year? Or Lockyer being on 250K cap money?

It's double standards at their greatest.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 06:12 PM   #9
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

there are rules there for everyone, and the nrl has to be stricter on all deals, souths as far back as october said they had no room to move in the cap now all of a sudden there is 190k free? bull**** if ever ive seen
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187 View Post
there are rules there for everyone, and the nrl has to be stricter on all deals, souths as far back as october said they had no room to move in the cap now all of a sudden there is 190k free? bull**** if ever ive seen
Wrong. They came out and said that in August, and since then we've shed Colin Best, Luke Capewell, and Jaiman Lowe, while Wesser has signed a new contract for less. There has also been a cap increase since then.

Where were these exact same rules when Gasnier wanted back into the code?
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
Bollox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

All this switching of codes in the last couple of years is beyond my comprehension. There will never be a successful transition at the very top level in either rugby or AFL and it must be an insult to all the players who have worked hard for so many years to get to where they are

They're 2 totally different farking games you clowns
Bollox is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #12
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Not only is he behind on his mortgage payments, but he's living in Shane Richardsons house and is owed over 200K by the Storm.

Inglis will be a Rabbitoh. Unfortunately it looks like Souths will bend over to the NRL and shed players to make it happen.

I'd love nothing more than to see us fight their ruling in court and I have little doubt that we would win. But if that process were to happen, it would take time, and GI would have moved on by then.

From where I stand, the NRL keep moving the goal posts in relation to the salary cap rule. They wanted the third party sponsors to sign stat decs that they were approached by Inglis' manager and not Crowe, they did, Now it seems that was irrelevant as they are simply not happy that Greg is on 190K cap money. How it took them 37 dads to reject the contract on that basis, I have no idea.

Ian Schubert is way out of his league and should be a water bottle carrier for the scum. If the NRL were fair dinkum, they should hire their own hroup of forensic accountants to handle the cap and not some ex footy player TAFE graduate moron.

If Schubert isnt happy that GI is only on 190K cap money, then what does he have to say about Gasnier being on 50K for half a season this year? Or Lockyer being on 250K cap money?

It's double standards at their greatest.
Well Said Pecks. May i add that the NRL and clubs make major money of the contract deals and then they pay players like Gasnier, Inglis and Lockyer as about as much as what a Bank Manager Salary. I mean i could bet my local Bank Manager in a Country Town of about 20,000 people is on about $120k a year. Plus he probably recieves bonus's surely.

Now if the best players in our game cant even make $500k a Year and there Famous with only short playing careers. Maybe 10 seasons if there lucky. A bank manager could manage the Bank here for 20 years and make double what a Player in the NRL does.

I mean Gary Ablett because how well the AFL runs things and what it provides with the TV money is signed for what 1.5 million a Year. Thats without Sponsorships that come his way.

Now Ablett you could say is like the David Carney of both codes and Andrew Goodes is like the Greg Inglis.

If you compared there Salaries. It would look like AFL players are like Doctors and NRL players are like the Cooks at the Hospital. Thats what its like.

Gallop needs to get with the times and me personally i want to know where the Millions of dollars go from the TV deals.

The AFL use theres well but the NRL where the **** has it gone in Gallops Swiss Bank account. Where the **** is it. We know the players dont see any of it. Thats a certain with Darren Lockyer on $250K a year.

I mean with all the money floating around.
Players that should be making $600+
Greg Inglis
Darren Lockyer
Benji Marshall
Jonathon Thurston
Billy Slater
Etc Etc

But some of these players in certain cases are making half that.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #13
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Here are the statistics.

Average AFL player gets $221,000 a Year and we know the AFL players list they have a about 45 players on a Roster.

Average NRL wage is $155,000 a Year but this is the kicker a Roster for a NRL club is 25

So a AFL club needs to pay 20 more players than a NRL club. Yet the average NRL player makes aprrox $70k less.

WTF i say. Gallop is lining his pocket.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #14
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
Here are the statistics.

Average AFL player gets $221,000 a Year and we know the AFL players list they have a about 45 players on a Roster.

Average NRL wage is $155,000 a Year but this is the kicker a Roster for a NRL club is 25

So a AFL club needs to pay 20 more players than a NRL club. Yet the average NRL player makes aprrox $70k less.

WTF i say. Gallop is lining his pocket.

AFL generates more revenue than NRL................... That's the answer in a nutshell.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 AM   #15
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

who cares, let him play AFL
T.C.W is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum