Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #16
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: Changes to the Rules that I would like to see in the NRL (Mods It's our Am Org)

Rule 4 I agree with, time after time we see forward passes allowed to play on. If the ball is let go in position A and it is caught in position B 3mtrs up field it is a ****ing FORWARD PASS.

It is the easiest rule in the game to understand.

Rule 4 - Great tries have been scored from one hand put downs, the refs just need to cut this chest/forearm/midrift tries out.

The downtown rule as it stands could be worked a little bit, stay behind the kicker. It will make the game much more exciting when the outside backs can have a little bit more room to move in.

Rule 2 - You Guys would not have won the comp if your rule was enforced
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Changes to the Rules that I would like to see in the NRL (Mods It's our Am Org)

im sick of how protected kickers are. if a guy lays a finger on them a millisecond after hes kicked the ball its virtually a free penalty but if a guy passes it and gets crunched that gets overlooked (usually deservingly so)
Theres no rule that says the guy HAS to kick the ball. i reckon if he rolls the dice he should be fair game for that half a second or so same as anyone else
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #18
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Interesting....I bet we would see a record number of try scores pulling up injured after a try so another kicker can have the shot
Guaranteed, and of course the player will miraculously be ready to play as soon as the ball is kicked off. Much like soccer, a striker going down as if he's been shot then when the spot kick is given jumping up to take the penalty.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
im sick of how protected kickers are. if a guy lays a finger on them a millisecond after hes kicked the ball its virtually a free penalty but if a guy passes it and gets crunched that gets overlooked (usually deservingly so)
Theres no rule that says the guy HAS to kick the ball. i reckon if he rolls the dice he should be fair game for that half a second or so same as anyone else
Agreed, except for diving at the kickers legs when their kicking, that can cause injuries.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #20
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The problem with the game is the television coverage is so good the viewers at home can see every mistake while the ref on the field has limited time and position to make the call.

With the benefit of slow motion replay from 5 different cameras the viewers can pick every inch out of the game exposing the refs decisions.

So how can we fix this?

1. Stop showing replays that expose the refs call....no
2. Get the commentators to agree more with the officials.....no
3. Give the video refs power to stop play if a bad call is made....maybe...but it will slow the game up
4. Get touch judges to man up and call off sides and forward passes...yes please

ashley is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #21
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

I really dont see why the video ref cant rule on forward passes. With the help of replays, etc, it's not that hard to tell. If they wanna be pedantic about it, they could mark each metre on the field with a line like they do in the NFL. That'd make it easy as to pick up on forward passes.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #22
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I really dont see why the video ref cant rule on forward passes. With the help of replays, etc, it's not that hard to tell. If they wanna be pedantic about it, they could mark each metre on the field with a line like they do in the NFL. That'd make it easy as to pick up on forward passes.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #23
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I must say full credit to Oztriker for admitting in the subject line of the thread its an amateur organisation unlike the pro's at tthe AFL.

Hopefully such honesty like this will be a feature of any talk about this silly little game you watch in future.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #24
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Professional AFL? Grandfinal replay anyone.
wangman is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #25
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Professional NRL?? Hey, take a pic whilst Im getting a gobby of his dog... anyone
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #26
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman View Post
Professional AFL? Grandfinal replay anyone.
Works for me
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #27
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
Professional NRL?? Hey, take a pic whilst Im getting a gobby of his dog... anyone
AFL - Let's play with our dicks together fellas. Hey - who's the young girl with the camera?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #28
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
AFL - Let's play with our dicks together fellas. Hey - who's the young girl with the camera?
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 03:08 AM   #29
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

When the new IC kicks off, I think it's imperitive that Ian Schubert isnt on board as cap auditor. In fact, they should **** off his former club and the handful of supporters that go with it as well.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 03:41 AM   #30
konaman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Rule 4 I agree with, time after time we see forward passes allowed to play on. If the ball is let go in position A and it is caught in position B 3mtrs up field it is a ****ing FORWARD PASS.

It is the easiest rule in the game to understand.
It wouldn't be practical analysing each pass if you removed running speed from the equation and every ball literally had to travel backwards from the point it was thrown, a referee couldn't judge this with players running at full tilt, and players would struggle too as well. It would only serve to slow the game down and there would be even more bullshit calls.

How about instead they leave the rule alone and they get someone other than Ray Charles to handle things. You see two dozen short balls in every game that are thrown forwards out of the hands but go unnoticed. Its as though they aren't allowed to call a forward pass if its a short ball or a pop pass, the amount of 2 meter passes that go 1m forward thrown from a stationary player is ridiculous.

They definitely need to do something about stripping the ball, the laws around it are laughable and discourage brilliant defending. They also need to scrap that Torso grounding rubbish off, nothing annoys me more than that try Jamie Lyon had awarded where he basically grounded it with his **** at high speed in 2009.
konaman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum