Old 12-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Eder Jofre vs Eloy Sanchez- Video of the knockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
Al, I'm not sure who that is actually. I think they also subtitle a clip of Jofre-Medel as Jofre-Harada but I'll go back and check.

Nice to see Caldwell in action too isn't it?
Getting better isn't it, just saw your thread with other footage as well. Like you say it's all to do with 50 years anniversary. Loads of other interesting stuff as well.
Great to see more of Caldwell just a shame that all the film of him is in losing fights. I hope the Halimi fights show up at some point.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #17
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
just looking at 40.41, that definitely isn't Legra.
Definitely isnīt Legra !!! Definitely !
And im not related to Jofre....i am just a big fan

Last edited by Vic-JofreBRASIL; 12-26-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #18
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Ribs View Post
This is bloody brilliant Vic, you're a star. Is this because of it being the fiftieth anniversary of him beating Sanchez for the NBA title? I've been looking around and found the links below that show him against the one you said was Herman Marquez, but I'm not sure if it's Johnny Jamito or not. It also shows the first and last rounds against Caraballo and one of his pre-championship fights against Gianni Zuddas, the Italian bantamweight champion, in 1959.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Yes

Oh, and Thanks for that Tin !
Old 12-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #19
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Definitely isnīt Legra !!! Definitely !
And im not related to Jofre....i am just a big fan

My dad was on the verge of fighting Jofre in 1965 possibly in London but Jofre lost the title against Harada.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #20
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

My dad was on the verge of fighting Jofre in 1965 possibly in London but Jofre lost the title against Harada.
Wow, thats interesting Al !!!!
How did you score the first Jofre vs Harada fight ?
Old 12-27-2010, 04:02 AM   #21
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Wow, thats interesting Al !!!!
How did you score the first Jofre vs Harada fight ?
I've watched it but didn't score it though i felt harada had won it. There are a few fights i'm going to sit down and watch and score over the holiday and that is one of them, in fact both of them.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #22
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

how highly do you rate jofre, al ?? i have him as no.1 on my top 10.
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 AM   #23
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpinr View Post
how highly do you rate jofre, al ?? i have him as no.1 on my top 10.
Right up there, his record speaks for itself. I never really do lists but head to head he is definitely one of the greatest. It's fascinating to think of him in with Olivares, Zarate, Gomez, even a peak Rose. I posted a thread ages ago about the old Jofre against the young Arguello at feather, fascinating!
I'm really excited about this new footage, surprised the thread isn't getting a bit more attention.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #24
turpinr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Right up there, his record speaks for itself. I never really do lists but head to head he is definitely one of the greatest. It's fascinating to think of him in with Olivares, Zarate, Gomez, even a peak Rose. I posted a thread ages ago about the old Jofre against the young Arguello at feather, fascinating!
I'm really excited about this new footage, surprised the thread isn't getting a bit more attention.
i don't bother much with p4p or top 100 much either.i've always liked jofre, both as a fellow vegetarian and a rock hard fighter.jofre-olivares or zarate would have sold out anywhere.
turpinr is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #25
klompton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ive got ten minutes of Jofre Caldwell
klompton is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #26
heehoo
TIMEXICAH!
ESB Addict

Jofre was a BEAST. He still looks like he could go 15 rounds today, being a vegan you can see he is still in shape.
heehoo is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #27
klompton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He was a real badass. In his fight with Aoki, Aoki is giving Jofre some problems but keeps holding his head with one hand and hitting with the other. The ref warns Aoki and Jofre kind of gives him this nod of disgust, they resume fighting and Jofre hits with a left hook to the body that had to break some ribs because it was a bit high to be a liver shot and Aoki goes down in agony. He gets back up and a few seconds later Jofre hits him there again and Aoki goes down like a sack of potatoes. Amazing Aoki gets up again but the ref waves it off and Aoki bends over holding his side and hobbles over to his corner. He was in serious pain, lesson learned.
klompton is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #28
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by klompton View Post
Ive got ten minutes of Jofre Caldwell
Interesting Klompton....Whatīs your take about this ten minutes ??
Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 AM   #29
klompton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Its interesting. Its basically the last three rounds of the fight. Caldwell looks a bit bigger than Jofre. He boxes from the outside and tries to keep Jofre away. Jofre seems tentative but stalking. Caldwell works the body more than most european fighters at that time. He clinches whenever Jofre gets close. You can tell he has a healthy respect for Jofres power. That being said he gave a good effort and was competetive. He certainly wasnt outclassed like the account in Boxrec states. Things change in the ninth. Caldwell is giving Jofre all he can handle and landing some good counters. They work in close and there is an exchange in which Jofre nails Caldwell with a three punch combo upstairs and then digs a big left hook to the body. Caldwall drops to his knees. He takes a count and then rises to meet an on rushing Jofre. Jofre is all over him and Caldwell's legs look shaky but the bell saves him. When they come out for tenth Caldwell still doesnt look good and Jofre immediately bangs him on the nose with a left hook that sends him halfway across the ring and into the ropes. Caldwell fights back well for about 20 seconds before Jofre throws a wide hook/uppercut that catchs Caldwell who totters backwards. Jofre then rushes in with straight rights and lefts, he traps Caldwell in his own corner but doesnt really land anything effective, he moves away and then moves away and then comes in after Caldwell again. Caldwell crouches very low and Jofre lands perfect straight right on the chin as Caldwell is coming out of the crouch. Caldwell immediately sags down again and sits on the bottom strand before resting on the canvas. Caldwell takes a count and gamely gets up. Once again Jofre rushes in but Caldwell smothers him. Jofre bangs four hard left hooks to the body then begins mixing to the head and body. Caldwell is doubling over and trying to hang on. Jofre slows down a bit, its a fifteen rounder and if he cant Caldwell out of there he might punch himself out. He moves in deliberately and just as Caldwell seems to be recovering Jofre catches him on the end of a long, powerful right hand that stuns Caldwell. Caldwell is trying to fight back but Jofre is really working him over now. Jofre begins landing left hooks and then a booming left that snaps Caldwells head back. Caldwell is reeling around the ring, his manager is waving the towel but the ref is watching the action as Jofre bangs away. Finally Caldwell's manager jumps up on the ring apron and waves it off. The ref sees him and dives between the fighters. Caldwell walks back to his corner beaten as the crowd cheers and the ring begins to fill with people wanting to get close to Jofre. As Jofre is lifted on the shoulders of his handlers there is a closeup of Caldwell sitting dejected but surprisingly unmarked for the beating he took in the final round.
klompton is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #30
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by klompton View Post
Its interesting. Its basically the last three rounds of the fight. Caldwell looks a bit bigger than Jofre. He boxes from the outside and tries to keep Jofre away. Jofre seems tentative but stalking. Caldwell works the body more than most european fighters at that time. He clinches whenever Jofre gets close. You can tell he has a healthy respect for Jofres power. That being said he gave a good effort and was competetive. He certainly wasnt outclassed like the account in Boxrec states. Things change in the ninth. Caldwell is giving Jofre all he can handle and landing some good counters. They work in close and there is an exchange in which Jofre nails Caldwell with a three punch combo upstairs and then digs a big left hook to the body. Caldwall drops to his knees. He takes a count and then rises to meet an on rushing Jofre. Jofre is all over him and Caldwell's legs look shaky but the bell saves him. When they come out for tenth Caldwell still doesnt look good and Jofre immediately bangs him on the nose with a left hook that sends him halfway across the ring and into the ropes. Caldwell fights back well for about 20 seconds before Jofre throws a wide hook/uppercut that catchs Caldwell who totters backwards. Jofre then rushes in with straight rights and lefts, he traps Caldwell in his own corner but doesnt really land anything effective, he moves away and then moves away and then comes in after Caldwell again. Caldwell crouches very low and Jofre lands perfect straight right on the chin as Caldwell is coming out of the crouch. Caldwell immediately sags down again and sits on the bottom strand before resting on the canvas. Caldwell takes a count and gamely gets up. Once again Jofre rushes in but Caldwell smothers him. Jofre bangs four hard left hooks to the body then begins mixing to the head and body. Caldwell is doubling over and trying to hang on. Jofre slows down a bit, its a fifteen rounder and if he cant Caldwell out of there he might punch himself out. He moves in deliberately and just as Caldwell seems to be recovering Jofre catches him on the end of a long, powerful right hand that stuns Caldwell. Caldwell is trying to fight back but Jofre is really working him over now. Jofre begins landing left hooks and then a booming left that snaps Caldwells head back. Caldwell is reeling around the ring, his manager is waving the towel but the ref is watching the action as Jofre bangs away. Finally Caldwell's manager jumps up on the ring apron and waves it off. The ref sees him and dives between the fighters. Caldwell walks back to his corner beaten as the crowd cheers and the ring begins to fill with people wanting to get close to Jofre. As Jofre is lifted on the shoulders of his handlers there is a closeup of Caldwell sitting dejected but surprisingly unmarked for the beating he took in the final round.

Any chance of uploading it?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum