Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Fake Boxing Records

Who should be held responsible for the deliberate misrepresentation of a fighter's record? If a fighter claims to have only had 10 fights, but has in fact had 50, just so he could get a few easy wins against some novices, who is to blame? The fighter, his trainer, the opponent's trainer or the matchmaker?

Should there be more checks and balances involved in order to avoid mismatches or should it continue on as it is on a trust basis?
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Default Re: Fake Boxing Records

I assume you're talking about a Thai or Filipino?? Professional??
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bobby, I came across John McCain's Oversight of the Professional Boxing Industry and there were some examples of the use of dodgy records. Fake records are rife in the amateurs - we even had Ty here describing how he bull****ted about his record when he switched from one am organisation to the other.

Not much really happens when someone gets busted deliberately misrepresenting a fighter's record.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #4
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Agree... it normally takes something pretty nasty to happen before the state body responsible acts on it. Plenty of instances that could be mentioned, but I do think we've got the pro-ranks well sorted, as far as local fighters go.

Most of the imports from Thailand and Indo etc have spammed records. The footage of Arnel Boratillo vs Muhammad Fandi is a ****er... Fandi, from Indonesia, looked atleast 45 years old. They claimed he was about 33...

When dealing with the Asian fighters, I think a brain scan before a fight in Oz should be mandatory. They come here to get ko'd so the promoters have another win on their kids record... Some of the recent mis-matches.. **** me.. Ticking time bomb.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #5
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You're not wrong mate, definitely ticking time bombs.

Would it be feasible to require a stat dec from the fighter/trainer/manager detailing **** like the age, record, etc. May be a bit of a deterrent if they know that their bull**** could lead to criminal sanctions. What else may work as a deterrent? Barring from future contests, suspension of licence or accreditation, no more visas for our overseas friends who organise and bring in the cannon fodder?

Or should we just not worry about it and consider it a part of the game?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

You need a bloody big net to cover the vast majority of what goes on...

Keeping the Bohols under a close eye would be a good start. Establishing a fool proof way of motitoring foreign fighters records is impossible- even for the Thais, Filo's and Indo's at home. They have no shame when it comes to making $$$.

Just need to keep an eye on things here.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I have heard far too many examples of fake records from asian boxers looking for fights.
I remember 1 i had heard recently where a Thai fighter came to Australia immitating another Thai & the promoter didnt even know.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

In Australia it doesnt matter if your from the league and swap over, telling them you had only 10 fights because they will always treat it as a lie, ABA doesnt trust or respect the league so its only fitting they will never match a former league fighter against a novice, they will not let their boys get hurt from a league fighter on his first ABA fight, in most cases the measuring stick is high and not in favour of the league fighter.

In any event a person can easly phone a guys trainer and find out his true record, ive seen many ABA guys not declare their true records when swapping over to the league, one guy i trained fought a bloke who had 9 ABA fights prior and it was my guys first amateur fight, we were told it was his first fight also, yes first fight for the league as we discoverd aftwards when speaking to the opponent and his trainer.

In the pros its a little diffrent, it doesnt happen on aussie soil, its more so the thais and phillos as others explain. The corrupt nature of the officals in these countries permits these records to be fabricated via way of slipage in money under the table, this is so these guys can earn what they term a big pay day fighting on fox tv in Australia. It looks good when they have all these wins and they look more appealing to the aussie based boxer wanting to import a thai to fight so in some ways we are also to blame for allowing it to florish.

Didnt you celebrate Xmas JB lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

You would hope domestically that this would not happen but there are *****s in every facet of life. I have had false records pulled on me twice. First time found about it beforehand and pulled out, second time found out after but it made no difference as my boy got a KO.

IMO the trainer is responsible - a key part of his role is the behind the scenes negotiations so if he misrepresents then he is responsible.

As a side issue the record keeping for the AM's could be improved. The other combat sports such as Muay Thai, Kickboxing and MMA records are kept by the Vic govt. except for am boxing.

What is needed in Australia is for federal legislation with regards to admin bodies and record keeping. The board in Victoria is first rate - it would be good for all states to work at that government level. It wont happen in the near future though as politically it is a non issue.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Just had a ****, John Christopolos(?) try this **** on in kickboxing, he had twelve or so fights eight years ago under Johnny Dounis, then trained with us then went to Seif's Gym, then tried to fight a first timer as a first timer. What a weak ****! He has **** on Seif's gym, Johnny Dounis, Malvern Martial Arts Gym and himself.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #11
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry View Post
Just had a ****, John Christopolos(?) try this **** on in kickboxing, he had twelve or so fights eight years ago under Johnny Dounis, then trained with us then went to Seif's Gym, then tried to fight a first timer as a first timer. What a weak ****! He has **** on Seif's gym, Johnny Dounis, Malvern Martial Arts Gym and himself.
Typical Greek.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:24 AM   #12
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
In Australia it doesnt matter if your from the league and swap over, telling them you had only 10 fights because they will always treat it as a lie, ABA doesnt trust or respect the league so its only fitting they will never match a former league fighter against a novice, they will not let their boys get hurt from a league fighter on his first ABA fight, in most cases the measuring stick is high and not in favour of the league fighter.

In any event a person can easly phone a guys trainer and find out his true record, ive seen many ABA guys not declare their true records when swapping over to the league, one guy i trained fought a bloke who had 9 ABA fights prior and it was my guys first amateur fight, we were told it was his first fight also, yes first fight for the league as we discoverd aftwards when speaking to the opponent and his trainer.

Didnt you celebrate Xmas JB lol
I'm guessing that all of that jibberish is somehow meant to excuse the fact that when you went over to the ABA you told them that you had only 10 fights when in fact you had 50 (not that I believe that you have had the number of fights you claim to have had).

And I did have a good Xmas. Unlike yourself, I know when to stop having a drink. Yours would have likely ended as they all do - unconscious and in a pool of your own ****.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This will be the LAST time i respond to your dribble, its really getting tiresome and is starting to make you look like a stalker.

Go and ask your boyfreind Billy Hussein why he knocked back the Bobby Antoknos matchup that Angelo Hyder was trying to make happen. It wasnt because i had a hand full of amateur fights bird brain, it was because he was told by a very trustworth and respectable person he trusts that i have had in excess of 50 amateur bouts.

I boxed for a 5 year period fighting sometimes more than 10 times a year. The long layoff was in 2000 and lasted 4 years.

People making up records would be guys like YOU. Claiming they won an ABA state title in only their 5th fight as a novice but you wont back it up by giving your name so people can look it up. Its like claiming you were a world champion one day but you wont give your name so people can check, why even mention an achivment your not prepared to claim by name? this would have to be one of the most crackpot comments you have even conjured up, its hard for you because you made up where you live and made up the story about the 5 amateur fights because if you really did do what you claim then you wouldnt be ashamed of who you are.

SHAME on you.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #14
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Let me tell you what's shameful.

Having had 50 fights but saying that you've only had 10. Why did you do this? Just so you could get some easy wins and look like a hero?

As for your supposed 58 fight record, tell us a little bit more about it. So you were up to 14 fights when you fought Crowe for the Riverina title. What happened after that? In the past you've said that you took a number of years off and then fought around 2000, but now you're claiming that you fought for the entire period until 2000.

Let's assume that what you're now saying is correct. What notable fights did you have in the period between the second Crowe fight and your move to the Association? Surely that Riverina title wasn't the only thing you won. Who and when did you fight? If you were having at least 10 fights a year you would've been contesting a for a title or two. You never talk about these fights because they never happened.

You've said plenty of times that you would not respond anymore in a thread only to come back and grace us with your idiocy another 20 times. The only reason you will not respond anymore is because I'm getting a little too close to home with the truth.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Asked and answerd your first question already stupid. Why are you asking it again?

One noteable fight i had after the crowe fight was a 3rd fight against Crampton. Can you tell us about a single ONE of your noteable fights?

Your the biggest hypocrite of them all, claiming i made up my record when you wont even tell anyone your name after claiming to have won an ABA state title in only 5 fights.

When push comes to shove, i have footage and evidence which supports my record, you dont have squat and havent presented squat to back up your claims, even more ironic that you would put sht on me for my lack of achivments as an amateur compared to your own when in reality you have just made them up as a joe blow, what a hero you turned out to be. More like a huge dissapointment, wining an ABA title in 5 fights then quiting the sport all together?

Tell us a bit about yourself MR hypocrite. Entertaining your trolling comments will eventually expose you for the lying, broken bow excuse, judge kicking, none xmas celebrating azz you taxi driving poofta maggot you i didnt come down in the last shower of rain stupid and until your able to provide the evidence to back up your claims its pretty clear to me you are Nader Hamdan.

Are you upset Zelkys gone?
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum