Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Floyd Sr: Amir Khan Is Taking Punches All Of A Sudden?!

Quote:
Q: What did you think of Amir Khan's performance of Marcos Maidana?

A: You see what happened, like I told you before, and they even said on TV, Amir Khan isn't known for taking a big shot, he got his by one of the hardest punching guys in the division, he got hit by a whole bunch of times and that's why he got beat. He got beat but I did tell you that you just watch and see that Amir Khan is going to win the fight which he did. Amir Khan won on the strength of, like I said, the reason is, for some reason they want Freddie roach to be something great, which he's not, he just aint got it, period. These guys aren't winning on talent. There aint no talent. Pacquiao can't move his damn head and neither can Amir Khan and probably no one else in his gym can. They take punches and the thing is, it's not about them running these guys down and punching them and punching them and keep punching and then for a reason, as small as Pacquiao is, even though he's becoming a gigantic type of guy by his legs and the body, but like I said, people punching them and nobody hurting them and when they hitting someone else, they hurting them. When have you ever seen a man that small dominate this many big fighters, some that haven't even been defeated, he dominates them an knocks them out, makes them quit, the referee's have to stop it, never seen shit like that before.

Q: When you were watching that fight with Amir Khan/Marcos Maidana, if you knew before that he was going to get hit that hard, could you ever imagine Amir Khan standing up to that?

A: Well, you know what, it didn't surprise me, because I told you that Amir Khan was going to dominate which Amir Khan was, but I don't think he won the fight. The reason I say dominating because if you notice, for some reason, he's taking big ol' shots from this guy, he's getting hit a while bunch by this guy and he's not getting shook up, wobbling or anything. He hit the guy and the guy went down and but I'm just tellin' you that, you know, that it's hard for me to look at that and let things happen, it aint right. Amir Khan got hit with a hell of a lot of punches and he got beat by the other guy and they say he got a glass jaw, and he got hit by other guys and he was getting wobbled and all of a sudden now, he getting hit by one of the hardest guys in Boxing today and the guy didn't even really shook him, even though the guy stung him at times, but he didn't really shook him, you know, you see he was really, he was hitting him from rope to rope and you see Amir Khan take a whole lot of punches and then I thought the reason I thought he lost because the other guy won a lot of rounds because Amir Khan was on the ropes for a lot of rounds, and when he got a chance to get loose, he took off running running running running and then he'd recuperate real fast after taking all them shots and come out of his shell and attack and attack and nail the guy and throw punches and take off running again. Look here, it's more than we thought, it's more than what we see than meets the eye.

Q: With Amir, he's expressed interest to fight your son sometime late in 2011, would you be all in favour of that fight?

A: I wouldn't be in favour, I'm not in favour of nobody fighting my son that aint doing the right thing. Anybody that's not doing the right thing whether they can fight or not, I wouldn't wanna see it. Even though that neither one would whoop my son, I know that for a fact, even thought that short midget, uhh, uhh Pacquiao! Or neither that uhh the Glass Jaw, Amir Khan, because not that he can't beat them, but it aint worth it. For what? It aint worth it. You throw what you got out the window. Messing around with people that aint doing the right thing.

Q: So if Amir were to fight your son, you would want him to agree to the same type of standards you'd want Pacquiao, to fight your son?

A: You better believe it! You better believe it. I would want him to do the same exact thing!
-Creds to OTR for the Interview.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Iron Mike
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd Sr: Amir Khan Is Taking Punches All Of A Sudden?!

I just cannot believe this is the man who began all the Pacquiao PED rumours. THIS MAN! A bumbling, incoherent madman.

They put muscles on his legs and neck and drilled him into tip top shape, therefore, he was able to take Maidana's punches.

End of.
Iron Mike is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
topdog88
frohaye
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 6014

What a bell end.
topdog88 is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

so true floyd sr is a dumbass at times but on this situation hes just talking sense and when u think about it , it all adds up , theres something fishy going on at the wild card whether its roach or ariza somethings not right
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
Iron Mike
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
so true floyd sr is a dumbass at times but on this situation hes just talking sense and when u think about it , it all adds up , theres something fishy going on at the wild card whether its roach or ariza somethings not right
No there's not.

Roach is the best trainer around and Ariza is clearly a superb conditioner.

Combine this with Manny Pacquiao, who trains like a demon and possesses sublime handspeed as well as Amir Khan, very naturally gifted and with a big point to prove, and you have a recipe for success.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
cesare-borgia
‹bermensch in fieri
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
this is the dumbest thing ever, because some crackhead says so flomo's riding this train all day long instead of just admitting their hero has no urge to fight.
cesare-borgia is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
crimson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

W T F ....

Are we sure the bullet hit his leg?
crimson is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
psychoshane
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Steroids don't help your chin any. Ask Fernando Vargas who tested positive AFTER being stopped by Oscar. So Mayweathers argument holds no water here.
psychoshane is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
Iron Mike
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoshane View Post
Steroids don't help your chin any. Ask Fernando Vargas who tested positive AFTER being stopped by Oscar. So Mayweathers argument holds no water here.
^THIS!!!

I cannot understand why people don't comprehend this.

Steroids do NOT improve punch resistance. They improve muscle definition.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

Yeah, Khan and Pac must be on roids, but in the same interview he says a 46 year old Hopkins looked as good as he did against Tito 10 years ago and that raises him no concerns? Floyd Sr is a joke.
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

they need to stop interviewing SR he gets interviewed on all the shows even hartley was asking him some dumbt shit on air recently

stop giving him a podium
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Why the hell does anyone even bother interviewing Floyd Sr regarding products coming out of the wildcard? It's like AZZking Gander Tasco about Floyd Jr.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesare-borgia View Post
this is the dumbest thing ever, because some crackhead says so flomo's riding this train all day long instead of just admitting their hero has no urge to fight.
Is not because he is a crackhead, we all know that, is because Pac didn't agree with the random test right from the start, that is why all this doubts and now you got AK who was koed by a jab and was down against Limond which he is not a big puncher and others featherfisted fighters, and is taking those bombs from Maidana, common.
garfios is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
Aznhybrid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Man i knew it was a matter of time before Khan also received this kind of vibe.
Aznhybrid is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #15
worljamn

vCash:

Floyd didn't begin those rumours. Michael Moorer put the word out to everyone when he was in the Pacquaio camp. So if Barry Bonds is guilty and the feds have found nothing after their 30M investigation, Manny has to be guilty if he refuses a drug test.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum