Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 AM   #16
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto Wins

I had cotto Mosley a draw but I think a win by cotto is ok because mosley fell short of taking the belt from cotto.
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 01:50 AM   #17
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

If people think Mosley won fair enough, i watched with ridiculously pro-Cotto commentators that we probably all did and still i had it a draw, will have to watch again. Really, what was Cotto landing for the last 3\4 of the fight, jabs and that's about it, Mosley was forcing the action in the second half landing more power punches at a higher % than Cotto.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #18
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
If people think Mosley won fair enough, i watched with ridiculously pro-Cotto commentators that we probably all did and still i had it a draw, will have to watch again. Really, what was Cotto landing for the last 3\4 of the fight, jabs and that's about it, Mosley was forcing the action in the second half landing more power punches at a higher % than Cotto.
Yep thats what I thought....shane finished well...I thought he would run out of puff in about the 5th round but he finished better and nobody can argue that.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 01:56 AM   #19
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Going into Rd 11 the Commentators said Cotto was up by 2 rds which was fair enough but then Cotto lost the last two rounds and bingo you had a Cotto win

I had the fight a draw and loved it.

Old Man Mosley can still swing the leather. I actually think it was fitness that directed how this fight panned out in the end. A few years back Mosley wouldnt be alot more active.

MSTR is probably exhausted from all the pulling he has been doing and cant wait to get back on here to let me have it.

OK let me have it

but take this into account - you know I knew Cotto was good (I just wasnt gonna admit it)
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 02:01 AM   #20
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Going into Rd 11 the Commentators said Cotto was up by 2 rds which was fair enough but then Cotto lost the last two rounds and bingo you had a Cotto win

Old Man Mosley can still swing the leather. I actually think it was fitness that directed how this fight panned out in the end. A few years back Mosley wouldnt be alot more active.

MSTR is probably exhausted from all the pulling he has been doing and cant wait to get back on here to let me have it.

OK let me have it

but take this into account - you know I knew Cotto was good (I just wasnt gonna admit it)
We all know cotto is good but Shayne did well and almost won the fight but should have got the draw. All in all it was a great fight and people must admit that it was a bit closer than the judges gave it.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 02:03 AM   #21
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
We all know cotto is good but Shayne did well and almost won the fight but should have got the draw. All in all it was a great fight and people must admit that it was a bit closer than the judges gave it.
People tend to forget that it may have been 115-113 or whatever it was - in reality take one round off Cotto and give it to Mosley its a draw.

Kegsy had it 8 rds to Cotto 4 to Mosley - jeepers
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 02:12 AM   #22
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
People tend to forget that it may have been 115-113 or whatever it was - in reality take one round off Cotto and give it to Mosley its a draw.

I know MSTR loves Cotto but Kegsy is now elevated to number 1 lover of Cotto in my book.....but lets wait until MSTR posts to see if he takes first prize.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 02:20 AM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:

Look maybe i gave Cotto 1 round too many, but still i feel Cotto was the definite victor.
If any fight was a robbery, it was the Casamayor fight. Santa Cruz got robbed.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 02:25 AM   #24
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I have followed Cotto's career all the way back to before his fight with Lovemore.
Watched him grow so much.
Great to see him reach these heights.
Wish he fought Oscar next, coz he would beat him too, easier than Mosley.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 AM   #25
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Look maybe i gave Cotto 1 round too many, but still i feel Cotto was the definite victor.
If any fight was a robbery, it was the Casamayor fight. Santa Cruz got robbed.
I know about Cruz...that is the worst decision i have seen in any fight...the powers that are should reverse that call.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 AM   #26
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
I have followed Cotto's career all the way back to before his fight with Lovemore.
Watched him grow so much.
Great to see him reach these heights.
Wish he fought Oscar next, coz he would beat him too, easier than Mosley.
Fighting oscar would be a step backwards.I think..

Not for the dollar$$$$...

but the winner of the pbf v hatton bout is honestly the ONLY logical next opponent for Cotto.

To be the man you have to fight the man and Oscar hasnt been that guy for awhile now..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 04:37 AM   #27
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Oscar and Shane are totally different fighters, it would be an equally tough fight to pick em. Shane never threw any combos in todays fight which really surprised me. I think he blew his load too early in the fight.
teke is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 04:45 AM   #28
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

The thought of Oscar fighting again makes me want to go to sleep, I hope there's a rematch for this fight because it feels like there was no conclusion. I had a bad feeling about Mosley before the fight when i saw him warming up on the pads, he looked really tight and nervous and he carried that into the first few rounds of the fight and tired himself out quickly. A relaxed Mosley who comes to box from the opening round instead of trying so hard for a KO gets a wide decision win next time round in my opinion. Mosley vs Judah would be a fun fight to decide who gets the next crack at Cotto, i don't think Cotto would do so well against Hatton or Mayweather.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 AM   #29
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Excuse me, hang on! What was that kids name "Billy Dib".
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 AM   #30
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:

OK let me have it

Mate, I fully admit that I underestimated just how good Shane Mosley is. He proved that he is a great champion, and still a real force regardless of where his career goes from here.

I thought it was an excellent fight all the way through. Shane was a very tough opponent, and if Cotto had not been so well rounded and been able to outbox Shane at times it would have been a different outcome.

I was pretty nervous coming up to the decision. It was a close fight, although I had Cotto up also. Cotto even when defensive at times was still countering well and landing effective punches. Cotto has extremely under rated boxing ability, and it won him the fight tonight.

I was very very impressed with Shane in this fight. The speed and power behind his jab, the angles he was working, his combinations the whole lot was unreal. That was the same Mosley I watched beat Oscar in the first fight, and not the same fighter we saw in the first Vargas fight.

Will be interested to see if a Mayweather v Cotto fight ever eventuates. It would play out very very differently to the fight we saw tonight. Cotto would need to be throwing in much greater numbers to the body, and outwork Mayweather to get the win.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum