Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #16
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jeff Fenech vs Osman Avila - dive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben K View Post
Maybe he went into the fight injured. A lot of fighters take fights when they have bruised ribs etc.
Ben, watching the video, there's little to suggest he'd have gone out of the fight with any more injuries.

Yes, he may have carried an injury none the less.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #17
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

How's that 56 second upload going?

...anyone??
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #18
noobie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Get a life you sad and feeble cunts for goodness sakes.

I understand boxing history and nostalgia but this is the most useless thread ever placed in this forum and that is farken saying something considering the childish dribble.

Again get a life - surely masturbation or gardening (not at the same time) would be a better way to spend your time
noobie is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #19
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

You dribble certainly lifted the bar princess.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 AM   #20
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Noobie, the young fella who made the thread is scottish and lives half a world away. He was was only probably just was curious to see if were privy to anymore information regarding this fight. Ain't his fault that Bobby hijacked it with his usual thickly veiled love for our Jeffrey.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 AM   #21
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie View Post

I understand boxing history and nostalgia but this is the most useless thread ever placed in this forum and that is farken saying something considering the childish dribble.

Again get a life - surely masturbation or gardening (not at the same time) would be a better way to spend your time

Glad you took a minute away from your masturbation to post Noobie.

If you are genuinely looking to improve this thread here's a question for you:

Where were these fighters ranked by RING magazine when Mundine won titles against them:

1/ Daniel Geale (May 2009) - RING rating = ?

2/ Sammy Soliman (March 2007) - RING rating = ?

3/ Antwun Echols (Sept 2003) - RING rating = ?

...and to suggest this is the most useless thread ever placed in this forum is drawing a very, very long bow!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #22
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Noobie, the young fella who made the thread is scottish and lives half a world away. He was was only probably just was curious to see if were privy to anymore information regarding this fight. Ain't his fault that Bobby hijacked it with his usual thickly veiled love for our Jeffrey.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #23
noobie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Um whats it matter Mundine won, again I would rather look at Penthouse than Ring magazine but hey whatever gets you through the night is alright, is alright
noobie is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #24
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Um whats it matter Mundine won, again I would rather look at Penthouse than Ring magazine but hey whatever gets you through the night is alright, is alright

Back to the masturbation I guess then mate?

...thanks anyway on the Mundine question.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #25
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:

I'm all wanked out, pal and its too dark for gardening. After the masturbation, I tend to produce a different sort of stain on fighters record by questioning there KO's. A deviancy I have, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
I like Bobby's thinking

Thanks for all the reply guys, it looks fishy but the best bet was the guy did not want to be there. I'm not putting Avila down or anything (I need a half-hearted jab for that), I was just curious. Hell, 9 out of 10 people would want to get out of that ring ASAP.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Sinn View Post
Dive. A ****ing left jab. Oh' and thank you for pointing out in your own post that he took a dive. Pay some attention to his behaviour on the ground. No equilibrium lost.

Hater?? No. I just try to point out what blokes like you pretend not to see... i.e the Zarate fight.
You could be right, Bob. But the problem is your views on all things Jeff Fenech is a little jaded because with you it's always...Fenech should've done this or look how bad Fenech looked...it's always a glass half empty approach. I've even seen you shit on Jeff for his performance in the first Azumah Nelson fight.

It's human nature to like and dislike some fighters, but you take it too far. You had to cry DIVE! DIVE! as soon as you saw it involved the little mauler. Take your own advice, my mahn and write what you see and not what you wanted to see when talking about Jeff Fenech, which you do in all other subjects tbf to you. I don't really know what you have against little Jeff, maybe it was your jewelry store he jacked?

Let me tell you sometimes fighters get hurt and they decide to quit once they see the fighting spirit of their opponent, especially when they're inferior. I don't question a fighters integrity easily. This wasn't the type of "dive" you seem to be implying it was and it certainly wasn't a fix job. It was similar to Ali/Liston II. when Sonny got legitimately knocked down with that pull counter right hand, but quit once he knew he couldn't beat him IMHO.

And how do you know my view of the Zarate fight?

Last edited by slip&counter; 12-29-2010 at 06:27 PM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #27
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

Slip&Counter.. you did jump at me in ya first post..."Nonsense Bobby.. blah blah"

I was suggesting Avila took a dive. The footage is pretty clear in showing a left jab, followed by a right to the body with nothing on it. Now, having said that, my mind is trying to work out where in this thread I've suggested anything negative of Fenech.

Avila took a dive. No, he did no wish to continue. That follwing a light blow does constitute, to me anyway, that he took a dive. When did you last view this footage?

RE: the first Azumah fight, I said here a few years ago that the margin was not nearly as wide as the Fenech Huggers would like to suggest. I still say that Fenech won the fight, but not by any great margin. 6-5-1 or 7-5 IMO.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #28
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

That "nonsense" comment was a tongue in cheek one, hense the "LOL". We can agree to disagree on the validity of the stoppage and whether it was a dive or not. I just think it was more of a "quit".

I have the Fenech career set and i've also heard him talking about it...Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you once say something to the effect of, Fenech won the fight, but deserved not to get the verdict? Take no notice if it wasn't you.

I had the first Nelson fight 116-112 in favour of Fenech. Interesting little note about that fight, Jeff realised Azumah wasn't the same dynamic puncher close up, that he was at mid range so he made an extra effort to slide under and fight him harder. And secondly Fenech kind of played mind games with him. Nelson knew what a dog Fenech was and his great pace, was told about his stamina, so he took breathers in order to stay with him down the stretch and have a big reserve in his tank and miscalculated.

I give huge credit to Jeff for that performance (even though IMO he got over confident in the rematch and Azumah made adjustments). And i also like him because he understood his identity. It's rare to get volume punching pressure fighters who can off set great boxer-punchers. Fenech was one of them, he was big for his weight and knew it so fought that way. You rarely see a prime Jeff Fenech outboxed for long periods because he was frenetic, had the nuances and was difficult to keep off.

Last edited by slip&counter; 12-30-2010 at 11:14 AM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #29
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict

S&C.. Fair enough with the Avila fight. Quit- Dive-whatever. He tossed it in.

RE: Fenech fight, I always say he won in Vegas. Post Vegas, I'm glad Azumah cleaned him up in Melbourne. Azumah deserved the Melbourne victory, no less than Fenech deserved Vegas. Zoom Zoom made sure of it.

I'd also suggest that Azumah WAS crook in the lead up to the Vegas bout.

I'd also suggest Fenech should have stayed away from the Daily Planet prior to Melbourne. He was not even close to 100%
Old 12-30-2010, 04:27 AM   #30
Sandman_
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0

I remember this fight. Can't blame anyone for believing that Avila took a dive but I think he may well have been genuinely pole-axed by an innocuous looking punch.

Sometimes it happens. David Tua going down early against Felix Savon in the amateurs was a similar case in point. I'm sure no-one would suggest Tua took a dive.

I certainly wouldn't rule out Avila looking for a soft spot on the canvas as early as possible (Fenech was ferocious in those days) but I think it's equally likely he zigged when he should have zagged.

I haven't bothered watching a replay but that's how I remember it. All over after 56 seconds if I recall correctly.
Sandman_ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum