Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #16
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: could tyson or louis(the best finishers) put chuvalo down by the account?

With a merciless enough referee, possibly, although I believe a TKO is more likely.

Don't count out Chuvalo lasting the distance either, he took Frazier's shots very well until a somewhat of a freak incident when his eye orbital broke in a gruesome way. Foreman pummeled an old Chuvalo, but he was still standing. On the other hand, the often wild Chuvalo could very well walk into punishment from the sharp counters of Louis and the powerful combinations of Tyson, although I struggle to see even them putting him down for the count with one punch.
TheGreatA is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
Swarmer
Patrick
East Side Guru

Location: You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
vCash: 1035
Default Re: could tyson or louis(the best finishers) put chuvalo down by the account?

Tyson: Yes, he would last out the early rounds and survive.

Louis: No, he would recieve awful punishment for all 12 or 15 and I can't see a sensible referee or corner allowing something like that to continue.
Swarmer is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
klompton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yes.
klompton is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 557

Chuvalo wouldn't go down. TKO is possible though. Most likely decision.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Somewhat off topic but it was Joe Louis who actually got Chuvalo interested in boxing. A young Chuvalo described the calm and collected Louis walking into his corner after scoring a knockdown "like a god".

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He had this to say about Tyson:

Quote:
Tyson. He’s a tough kid. He walks right in. He’s that kind of a guy. He’s got lots of balls too. I like Tyson. I’d like to meet Tyson and show him a couple of things. I could help Mike.

His problem is he doesn’t know how to fight on the inside. If you take a look at his fight with Buster Mathis, Jr., he exposed that. There’s a chi nk in the armor. He’s too straight up on the inside. If he ever pulled his right leg back, his whole upper body would be at a forty five degree angle. He’s have his head on the other guy’s chest. He’d be safe. The other guy would have no room for any leverage and Mike would have all the leverage. His stance works against him on the inside. He’s easy to push back and he can’t fight when he’s going backwards. But Mike is a helluva an athlete. He’s very quick, got great reflexes and punches like a bazooka. He’s the only guy out there in the heavyweights who can give you goosebumps.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #21
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
definitely i think that no.

chuvalo would be stopped . he was a rock, he would lose by tko , not ko.
What is your hatred towards Tyson? Are you still mad, you and your boy foremanfan how I verbally destroyed you guys in the infamous Tyson/Foreman Thread, is that why you hate him?
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #22
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1230

Tyson and Louis were terrific finishers so I really couldn't put it past them to get the job done.

Chuvalo as a tough customer, but there isn't a single fighter who is KO proof.

even if Tyson or Louis can't somebody should be able to

Last edited by ironchamp; 12-29-2010 at 01:53 AM.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #23
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

like janitor said, it was not impossible but i think that it would be tko.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #24
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Bomber, for sure, at some point...Arturo Godoy the Chuvalo of his time,
man, godoy was not even nearly chuvalo
Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #25
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru

LMAO @ anybody thinking Chuvalo would go the distance with a prime Tyson. I dont care HOW good your chin is, Mike had too much speed and power and too good an arsenal for any punching bag to go the distance.

Mike would kill him with uppercuts and leave him helpless on the ropes just as he did Bruno. Tyson TKO 4.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #26
TheGreatA
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
LMAO @ anybody thinking Chuvalo would go the distance with a prime Tyson. I dont care HOW good your chin is, Mike had too much speed and power and too good an arsenal for any punching bag to go the distance.

Mike would kill him with uppercuts and leave him helpless on the ropes just as he did Bruno. Tyson TKO 4.
Could McCall last the distance against Tyson?
Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #27
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Where's that ultra biased canadian guy that only posts in Chuvalo threads?
Russell is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #28
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
.....pathetic....
Old 12-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #29
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Could McCall last the distance against Tyson?
or james smith who was not too mobile . men like tillis, tucker or green were very mobile guys
Old 12-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #30
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

the question is tko or ko, not if he could go to the distance.... chuvalo was a punching bag? your credibility=0

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum