Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
Peterp
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 502
vCash: 1000
Default Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Remember the days of fights like Holyfield v Tyson ?


Now all we get is the boring Klitchcos who only box in germany where no one can win a decision and we have David haye who avoids any real competition

I would be mildly interested in any of the Klitches v Haye but its nothing like the heavyweight fights of the past
Peterp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp View Post
Remember the days of fights like Holyfield v Tyson ?


Now all we get is the boring Klitchcos who only box in germany where no one can win a decision and we have David haye who avoids any real competition

I would be mildly interested in any of the Klitches v Haye but its nothing like the heavyweight fights of the past
Tyson was just so exciting... The build up to the fights was huge.....back in the day The pubs were packed when he fought
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 441
vCash: 1397
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Even Tyson v McBride or Danny Williams would outdo almost every PPV they show at the pub nowadays.
dominator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
htmonaro
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Alot of boxing fans enjoy the sweet science,But nothing beats a talented but brutal fighter,and if he's in the heavyweight division,what a bonus seeing two big boys go toe to toe is what i really enjoy about the sport!
htmonaro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp View Post
Remember the days of fights like Holyfield v Tyson ?


Now all we get is the boring Klitchcos who only box in germany where no one can win a decision and we have David haye who avoids any real competition

I would be mildly interested in any of the Klitches v Haye but its nothing like the heavyweight fights of the past
klit bro's are ****ing amazing fighters. both would have been top HW in any time in boxing. they are just destroying everybody and haye will get destroyed
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
klit bro's are ****ing amazing fighters. both would have been top HW in any time in boxing. they are just destroying everybody and haye will get destroyed
oh please..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #7
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
klit bro's are ****ing amazing fighters. both would have been top HW in any time in boxing. they are just destroying everybody and haye will get destroyed
I actually agree with this. Both Vitali and Wlad at their best would give any heavyweight of any era nightmares. They would win some and lose some. Wlad Klitschko should be classed as P4P top 5 imo.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #8
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

A more boring pair of twats you could not wish to watch fight , and i hope you don't mean all time P4P heavyweight top 5 .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #9
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 466
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

I actually don't mind the Klitschko's, it's not their fault the h/w division is so piss poor at the moment. They can only fight and beat what's available at the present time.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #10
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
A more boring pair of twats you could not wish to watch fight , and i hope you don't mean all time P4P heavyweight top 5 .
No I meant Wlad should be top 5 P4P currently. The bloke probably hasn't even lost a single round in about 5 years. Where do you currently see him P4P Josey ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 AM   #11
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
No I meant Wlad should be top 5 P4P currently. The bloke probably hasn't even lost a single round in about 5 years. Where do you currently see him P4P Josey ?
I have no argument there Francis Top 5 currently i can see , my biggest problem with the brothers is their style paw paw ,paw paw they wait an entire age to throw the bomb i know heavyweight is the division where caution should be a must but **** they bore the shit out of me that's why i can't wait to see Haye in there with Wlad ( maybe he will bring out the best in him ) they will fight this year defo imo , the sheer amount of money involved and the serious lack of any other creditable opponent suggests it has to .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 AM   #12
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

The guys that say Wlad is no good are stuck in the golden days of boxing or dont know shit Wlad has taken on the best available

Wlad has beaten the following....

1. Chris Byrd 31-1 at the time who was also the WBO champ ...Chris beat Vitali 6 months beforehand by stoppage....try to argue this win haters Chris went on to beat Tua, Holyfield and Golatta

2. Sam Peter 24 - 0 at the time who has won a world title and has good wins over James Toney and Olex Maskeuv

3. Chris Byrd 39 - 2 again another great win

4. Calvin Brock 29-0 at the time who had just beat Timour Ibramov who was 21-0 at the time

5. Lemon Bruster 33-3 at the time...avenged his loss of a few years ago like every great fighter should

6. Saltan Ibromov 23-0 at the time...Ibromov had just beaten a prime Holyfield, Briggs, Austin and Whiticker...again this guy was the best available

7. Tony Thompson 31 -1 at the time...still rated # 1 in the USA and # 6 in the World today

8. Ruslan Chagaev 25 -0 again the best at the time...who has wins over undefeated Vicerous and Droumond and further Valuev, Meehan, Ruiz, Sprott, Calloway

9. Eddie Chambers who had wins over undefeated Dimentreko then Brock and Peter

10. Sam Peter 34-4 ( 3 lost against the Klits) what a demolition

I dont know how people can say Wlad is not one on the best HW in the last 20 years (save Tyson and Lewis) and he needs to be in the top 5 P4P

PS: Cant be f@#$% about spelling
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #13
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 466
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
The guys that say Wlad is no good are stuck in the golden days of boxing or dont know shit Wlad has taken on the best available

Wlad has beaten the following....

1. Chris Byrd 31-1 at the time who was also the WBO champ ...Chris beat Vitali 6 months beforehand by stoppage....try to argue this win haters Chris went on to beat Tua, Holyfield and Golatta

2. Sam Peter 24 - 0 at the time who has won a world title and has good wins over James Toney and Olex Maskeuv

3. Chris Byrd 39 - 2 again another great win

4. Calvin Brock 29-0 at the time who had just beat Timour Ibramov who was 21-0 at the time

5. Lemon Bruster 33-3 at the time...avenged his loss of a few years ago like every great fighter should

6. Saltan Ibromov 23-0 at the time...Ibromov had just beaten a prime Holyfield, Briggs, Austin and Whiticker...again this guy was the best available

7. Tony Thompson 31 -1 at the time...still rated # 1 in the USA and # 6 in the World today

8. Ruslan Chagaev 25 -0 again the best at the time...who has wins over undefeated Vicerous and Droumond and further Valuev, Meehan, Ruiz, Sprott, Calloway

9. Eddie Chambers who had wins over undefeated Dimentreko then Brock and Peter

10. Sam Peter 34-4 ( 3 lost against the Klits) what a demolition

I dont know how people can say Wlad is not one on the best HW in the last 20 years (save Tyson and Lewis) and he needs to be in the top 5 P4P

PS: Cant be f@#$% about spelling
Just gotta pull you up on 1 thing there ash, you said Ibragimov just beat a prime Holyfield ? Don't think Holy's prime was 2007.
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:51 AM   #14
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,801
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

they r winning far too easily to be entertaining, but they HAVE to be considered amongst the best in history.

being tall and having a good reach is not the reason they r winning. there have been a million tall boxers in the past. it helps but it is no different then saying tyson mostly won because he had huge power.

i have no idea how the klit brothers would have gone against other greats from other eras. but i would hate to have to back against them. they r both very exceptional boxers.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #15
Peterp
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 502
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Man i miss the days of Huge Heavyweight Megafights

The Klitches pawing style is infuriating

If they are so good, they should destroy their opposition in 1-2 rounds
Peterp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013