Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Gary Shaw claims Green backed out of theTarver fight...

Over the weekend it was reported on Secondsout.com that Danny Green would be facing Stipe Drews for the WBA light heavyweight title on December 16th, instead of Antonio Tarver on December 1st as the headline performer on Showtime's Championship Boxing.

Green would tell Paul Upham that despite repeated attempts, they never received an official contract from Tarver's side and that they were treated with, "absolute contempt and disrespect."

But Gary Shaw, who represents Tarver, would tell Maxboxing on Monday night that those allegations were, "Absolutely not true. I have a signed contract from Danny Green and Danny Green is backing out from fighting Tarver right now."

Shaw says that Tarver also signed his contract for the bout and added, "We're trying right now to reach representatives from Green to find out why he would do that. I put the WBA on notice that I have a contract signed by Team Green and I sent that to Gilberto
Mendoza. I'm going to send the contract and a letter to the ABC and we're going to push this all the way."

This has been a bout that has been difficult to finalize. After Tarver-Green was announced in early September, it then made the rounds that George Blades would instead face Tarver, before Green was seemingly re-installed as his foe. Now this.

Shaw says that if Green does not take the Tarver bout he will be in breach of contract - one that he says has Green's John Han**** on the dotted line.

"I have a deal-point memo, signed by the head of Green's promotions and that's all I need. It's signed, the terms are there, the purse, the rooms, the per diem, the transportation, everything’s on there. Everything Green said on Secondsout is an absolute fib. It's a lie."

Possible opponents are already being discussed to replace Green.

It's too bad the budget won’t let them cut to the chase and call Chad Dawson.
Dojo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 05:21 AM   #2
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: Gary Shaw claims Green backed out of theTarver fight...

The people who don't slob on Dannys knob knew what was going on, Green was scared so he chose the easier fight for the paper title from Drews, simple really, it's a shame people buy the stiffs bullshit no matter what and choose to believe Tarver backed out because he was scared of being knocked out by big bad Danny Green

JB3000 what's the 3000 in your name about mate, are you a Dr Octagon fan?
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 05:28 AM   #3
Dojo
The Animal
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
Kool Kieth is the man.
Dojo is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #4
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I keep hearing about this signed contract Tarvers camp had with Greens signature. The only question I have is where was Tarvers sig? 1/2 a contract is still not a contract...
Paper title? What belt does Tarver hold again?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #5
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 10151

What a pissa they couldn't fax a contract with tarvers signature on it for over 10 weeks,yet they were quick to sign when they knew Danny had a REAL title fight
I mean Tarver wanted Danny so bad he tried everything to get out of the fight
Danny agreed to fight tarver for a purse only to be told a couple of days later that he'll have t6 take a 20% pay cut otherwise they have a fight lined up with George Blades instead.
Danny reluctantly agreed with it and then that wanker shaw and his team took away the airfares for Danny's team which had been included in the deal
Iam glad Danny hooked up another fight Tarver and Shaw thought they could fuk Greeny around and look what happened they got screwed...lol
GO DANNY
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3000
Kool Kieth is the man.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
**** knows, the point is he is a credible opponent while Drews is a douchebag who got given a title by beating a C grade super-middle.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #8
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny
What a pissa they couldn't fax a contract with tarvers signature on it for over 10 weeks,yet they were quick to sign when they knew Danny had a REAL title fight
I mean Tarver wanted Danny so bad he tried everything to get out of the fight
Danny agreed to fight tarver for a purse only to be told a couple of days later that he'll have t6 take a 20% pay cut otherwise they have a fight lined up with George Blades instead.
Danny reluctantly agreed with it and then that wanker shaw and his team took away the airfares for Danny's team which had been included in the deal
Iam glad Danny hooked up another fight Tarver and Shaw thought they could fuk Greeny around and look what happened they got screwed...lol
GO DANNY
How do you know these things............? Green not fighting Tarver... the only one getting screwed is Green, Tarver is a name. The only thing Green will get IF he beats Drews is a paper title that he can brag about to the people of perth, he'll talk about how he is a world champion and all that, he'll still be a nobody on the world stage. He would've got more out of a competitive loss to Tarver than beating Drews.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #9
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
He would've got more out of a competitive loss to Tarver than beating Drews.
The world stage isnt just America.

Drews aint a big name but he is respected champ in Europe. Plenty of coin to be made there, especially in the lightheavy division where 3 of the 4 champs are euros. Plus the two adjoining divisions are dominated by europeans.

I dont doubt this is an easier option but I also dont doubt that Green was keen to fight Tarver. The Tarver fight has been in the making since before the Griffin fight, Tarver didnt want to come the Perth so the terms changed. The negotiations stalled, which Danny was quite vocal about and Tarver's camp was not until just now and Danny took another option. Im sure the Drews fight was not hard to set up, a few phone calls a six figure offer and bam! A world title fight at home.
To be honest If Danny had beaten Tarver, most people in America would have just fobbed it off as Tarver being to old and over the hill (he looked shite in his previous fight) and if he lost they just would have said he lost to an old and over the hill Tarver, which of course is worse.
A loss is rarely good in this day in age, few people gain anything from a loss and you usually dont from loosing to a low volume southpaw boxer like Tarver. Only really when you're in a memorable slugfest,

Green doesnt need to be recognized on the world stage anyway, He has two big money fights waiting for him at home, Briggs and Mundine II.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The people who don't slob on Dannys knob knew what was going on, Green was scared so he chose the easier fight for the paper title from Drews, simple really, it's a shame people buy the stiffs bullshit no matter what and choose to believe Tarver backed out because he was scared of being knocked out by big bad Danny Green

Keep trying to slag off Green you no nothing shit stain, if both of them had signed a contract they would be fighting legally neither of them could of pulled out get a clue speedy.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #11
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
**** knows, the point is he is a credible opponent while Drews is a douchebag who got given a title by beating a C grade super-middle.
You have never seen Drews or the people he has fought have you bonesmoker, you embarress your self when you show zero knowkledge of anyone out side of repays of espn friday night fights
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #12
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
The KFC World Light Heavyweight Title
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #13
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I think Gary Shaw is absolutely full of shit here to be honest.
If Tarver was so into fighting Danny Green how come he never made it well known publically.
Tarver can continue fighting his Danny Santiago's & George Blades clubfighters for all i care.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #14
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

scared my arse mate i rather the tarver fight because Green kos Tarver ass EASY within 7, Drews is a much harder fight because he is dirty and tall which is a worry.

If green faced tarver i have no doubt in my mind he blows Tarver away and i rather see him do that then face Drews.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #15
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

It's pretty obvious this is just sour grapes/after the horse has bolted stuff from Shaw.

They've been stringing Green along for too long, Green looked for opportunities elsewhere, now Tarver has no dance partner, but needs a payday.

Too bad, he had his chance.

PS - haze is a whinger, pure and simple.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum