boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #16
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Gary Shaw claims Green backed out of theTarver fight...

Green never signed any contract with tarver. he agreed to the fight through a 3rd party and then the goal posts kept changing. They changed them once too often so green decided that the WBA title would be fine for now. make a few dollars and then have a crack at woods down the track with enough nmmoney to lure him to Perth

Gary Shaw needs to be involved more with negotiations and not leave them with 3d parties
cedrichw is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #17
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm sure Danny can fight Tarver in 4 months time defending his WBA belt......maybe then he will have more bargaining pull with location and money etc
kel is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #18
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
I'm sure Danny can fight Tarver in 4 months time defending his WBA belt......maybe then he will have more bargaining pull with location and money etc
Hey mate where exactly did all your vcash go? Didn't you have something like 2.5K?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #19
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Given Tarver's recent history of negotiations (basically, screwing Showtime out of a Dawson fight at every turn), I tend to believe Shaw in lying.

Why would anyone back out of a Tarver fight? For the money he brings, he's a very beatable opponent at this stage of his career.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #20
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazetheman
The people who don't slob on Dannys knob knew what was going on, Green was scared so he chose the easier fight for the paper title from Drews, simple really, it's a shame people buy the stiffs bull**** no matter what and choose to believe Tarver backed out because he was scared of being knocked out by big bad Danny Green

JB3000 what's the 3000 in your name about mate, are you a Dr Octagon fan?
**** you're an idiot
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #21
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The people who don't slob on Dannys knob knew what was going on, Green was scared so he chose the easier fight for the paper title from Drews, simple really, it's a shame people buy the stiffs bull**** no matter what and choose to believe Tarver backed out because he was scared of being knocked out by big bad Danny Green

JB3000 what's the 3000 in your name about mate, are you a Dr Octagon fan?

Yes thats exactly it Tarver is scared...of the 2 fighters Danny has much more heart courage and all round respect Tarver took the easy way out.

Why the **** would Danny back out of a fight that would have been almost a bigger opportunity then Marcus Beyer interms of exposure....??? Sorry lad aint Dannys style
planetzion is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #22
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Hey mate where exactly did all your vcash go? Didn't you have something like 2.5K?
What are you saving your vcash for MSTR?
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #23
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
What are you saving your vcash for MSTR?
A new car, with a hot set of wheels. I actually bet the whole lot on the Cotto fight and just won some of it back. I know it doesn't mean anything, but its fun to muck around with. If I start to make some money out of it, I might start throwing some ACTUAL money down on some fights and then just gamble the winnings. The odds are sourced from actual gambling sites, so its reasonably accurate to the best of my knowledge.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #24
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

tarver is a fukn ***** santiago would get beaten by anyone in top 50 he was trying to get on teh contender but was too heavy adn lazy u could just see it... no quality in that fight....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #25
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
Yes thats exactly it Tarver is scared...of the 2 fighters Danny has much more heart courage and all round respect Tarver took the easy way out.

Why the **** would Danny back out of a fight that would have been almost a bigger opportunity then Marcus Beyer interms of exposure....??? Sorry lad aint Dannys style
Let's think about this logically, Tarver has faced the top light heavyweights, Roy Jones, Hopkins, Harding, Johnson and now you think he's scared of a one dimensional stiff like Green? The guy who got his head boxed off by a midget, chinny super middle in Beyer? The guy who lost every round against the timid natural middleweight Mundine? Don't kid yourself mate, at the same time Green was making noises about fighting Tarver he was in negotiations with Drews camp because he wanted that fight more, it's an easier fight and there is a title, these bull**** titles mean something to nutslurpers who don't know anything about the WORLD of boxing.

Danny Green is a local fighter, he is nowhere near world class so if he can win a bull**** title he can live off that making a mint fighting bums in perth, telling dumbasses like the people in this thread that his opponents are strong and world class and you dummys eat up every word your politician tells you, the stiff was never gonna fight Tarver, that would've been his last fight, even against this faded version of Tarver. When has Tarver been close to being knocked out? Who has Green even knocked out who wasn't a complete bum? Lucas, and Green caught him on a bad night didn't KO him but made him not want to fight anymore, Green isn't even a good puncher, couldn't put a dent in the middleweight, supposedly chinny Mundine and you ****ing re****s expected him to knock out a real light Heavy who has never been knocked out?

I'll be surprised if he beats Drews actually, he'll probably stick to a gameplan for the whole twelve rounds even if it doesn't work from the first round, the stiff is that dumb of a fighter.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #26
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Yeah yeah mate i know u hit the jackpot this time.

I'm regrouping as we speak and will invest this nxt 50 more wisely
kel is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 01:46 AM   #27
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Neither fighter ( Green or Tarver ) are scared of each other
Tarver tried to screw Green around and got spat out when Green took the drews fight

at the end of the day I dont think that tarver is too worried eioither way fighting Green or not and i guess Green would be happy fighting for a title so dont think that there is too much to be siad either way
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 02:09 AM   #28
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrichw
Neither fighter ( Green or Tarver ) are scared of each other
Tarver tried to screw Green around and got spat out when Green took the drews fight

at the end of the day I dont think that tarver is too worried eioither way fighting Green or not and i guess Green would be happy fighting for a title so dont think that there is too much to be siad either way
You're probably right. Green's still a stiff who can't fight though!
lefty is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 AM   #29
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Let's think about this logically, Tarver has faced the top light heavyweights, Roy Jones, Hopkins, Harding, Johnson and now you think he's scared of a one dimensional stiff like Green? The guy who got his head boxed off by a midget, chinny super middle in Beyer? The guy who lost every round against the timid natural middleweight Mundine? Don't kid yourself mate, at the same time Green was making noises about fighting Tarver he was in negotiations with Drews camp because he wanted that fight more, it's an easier fight and there is a title, these bull**** titles mean something to nutslurpers who don't know anything about the WORLD of boxing.

Danny Green is a local fighter, he is nowhere near world class so if he can win a bull**** title he can live off that making a mint fighting bums in perth, telling dumbasses like the people in this thread that his opponents are strong and world class and you dummys eat up every word your politician tells you, the stiff was never gonna fight Tarver, that would've been his last fight, even against this faded version of Tarver. When has Tarver been close to being knocked out? Who has Green even knocked out who wasn't a complete bum? Lucas, and Green caught him on a bad night didn't KO him but made him not want to fight anymore, Green isn't even a good puncher, couldn't put a dent in the middleweight, supposedly chinny Mundine and you ****ing re****s expected him to knock out a real light Heavy who has never been knocked out?

I'll be surprised if he beats Drews actually, he'll probably stick to a gameplan for the whole twelve rounds even if it doesn't work from the first round, the stiff is that dumb of a fighter.
Well, well, well, lookie here, you contradicted yourself.

I guess that makes you a dummy, ayup?

I guess you're too busy telling everyone how enlightened and self aware you are to remember the rubbish you post (note use of smiley face, you don't have to mention it in your reply, I've already brought it to everyone's attention).

Look out everybody, I've had the arrogance to rattle the cage of our resident self-diagnosed genius - take cover, **** is gonna fly now!! (note use of smiley face, you don't have to mention it in your reply, I've already brought it to everyone's attention).

Quote:
The fight is definitely gonna happen, this close to a fight and Tarver is talking about the fight, it just doesn't get cancelled. I think Tarver should win because Green is abit too slow and predictable but it's not gonna be as one sided as you think it is, you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement abit.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 03:52 AM   #30
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hazetheman

mate read in the paper the other day about choc and Brad Fittler having dinner or something I wonder if he is getting soft in is old age and breaking bread with the enemy.

I heard a report from the dinner that they got on quite well.

Though i will be trying to get to sydney next year if Mundine fights Kess that will be a great fight and i think Choc wins this time
cedrichw is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum