Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #16
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto: A superstar is born!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
heh. The funny thing is, me and the missus had a bit of a falling out on the way to the beach. I remember contemplating going to Scruffy's and watching the fight there, but unfortunately she came around and we patched things up.

man thats way too tripy i was planning to go to scruffies as well!! No shit she was going to drop me off and then go back to paddington where we live....

but i thought no matter how much she says its cool when i get home there'll that frosty cold shoulder deal so i gave in....
planetzion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #17
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetzion
man thats way too tripy i was planning to go to scruffies as well!! No shit she was going to drop me off and then go back to paddington where we live....

but i thought no matter how much she says its cool when i get home there'll that frosty cold shoulder deal so i gave in....
You could have meet for a bitch session.

Planetzion says: Hey pecks,you remember what it was like to be your own man and own a set on balls?

Pecks answers: No

Marcus is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 11:55 PM   #18
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
heh. The funny thing is, me and the missus had a bit of a falling out on the way to the beach. I remember contemplating going to Scruffy's and watching the fight there, but unfortunately she came around and we patched things up.
Thats the side of relationships I don't miss. The time sacrifice. My plan is to find girls that i like, and can still be close too, but not call it a relationship. I still get to do what I want when I want, but then still get the benefits of a relationship (mainly lots of *** and someone close to confide in).

I don't really care about monogomy unless its a girl that I really want to be with for a long time. If they want to hook up with other guys thats fine, as long as I can do the same (with girls though ) and its not done in front of me and I don't have to hear about it. Ignorance is bliss.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #19
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus

Planetzion says: Hey pecks,you remember what it was like to be your own man and own a set on balls?

hahaha so true mate. Thats what women do though. They are f*cking control freaks.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 PM   #20
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
hahaha so true mate. Thats what women do though. They are f*cking control freaks.
i know its starts slow but is constant like chinese water torture .... they have so much will power
Old 11-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #21
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Old 11-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #22
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Im after the same thing you said before mate, im kinda doin it now with a ex girlfriend, but i havent got the *** part yet, havent tried yet, but thats because i dont want her to think im too keen, she is the ytpe of girl who likes to chase and not be chased.

I have a mate who is scared to ask him chick anything,like he is goin to get in trouble, she yells at him like a child !!!! she is smoking hot but a mega controll freak.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #23
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Instead of pecks, maybe we should call you........ hen-pecked
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #24
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
i know its starts slow but is constant like chinese water torture .... they have so much will power
I know exactly where your coming from mate. Sometimes its easier to concede defeat and do what they want then endure the 3 day arguement about it. Thats why I want to make sure I don't fall in love with them until I know that they are something special. As long as you don't have feelings for them you can make them look to keep you happy. Thats the plan anyway. In reality I will probably end up doing the same thing all over again. If a girl is hot enough I just totally ignore my own advice.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #25
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Im after the same thing you said before mate, im kinda doin it now with a ex girlfriend, but i havent got the *** part yet, havent tried yet, but thats because i dont want her to think im too keen, she is the ytpe of girl who likes to chase and not be chased.

I have a mate who is scared to ask him chick anything,like he is goin to get in trouble, she yells at him like a child !!!! she is smoking hot but a mega controll freak.
Sounds like my ex, except I just did what I wanted anyway for the most part. If you give them an inch they take a mile.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #26
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #27
planetzion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I know exactly where your coming from mate. Sometimes its easier to concede defeat and do what they want then endure the 3 day arguement about it. Thats why I want to make sure I don't fall in love with them until I know that they are something special. As long as you don't have feelings for them you can make them look to keep you happy. Thats the plan anyway. In reality I will probably end up doing the same thing all over again. If a girl is hot enough I just totally ignore my own advice.
thats generally how it works my friend....once that furry magnet is switched on us idiots are ****ing hopeless.....
Old 11-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #28
BoxingKangaroo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3000
I thought it was a good performance by both guys, Cotto showed he can box as well as slug it out. I just can't get over the guys in the general forum saying Shane was robbed.
anyone else really really suprised by cotto's jab??
BoxingKangaroo is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #29
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingKangaroo
anyone else really really suprised by cotto's jab??
I have said for a very long time that his boxing ability is very under rated, as is his hand speed. All these "experts" in the general think that he has all of a sudden developed it out of no where. He has always been very well rounded, and if you watch the fights earlier in his career, there are times when he would just totally outbox guys. Cotto will usually adapt to his opponent. Against Shane he obviously didn't think pressure was the answer, and still made it work for him. I think he would fight Floyd a little differently personally.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 AM   #30
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
I have said for a very long time that his boxing ability is very under rated, as is his hand speed. All these "experts" in the general think that he has all of a sudden developed it out of no where. He has always been very well rounded, and if you watch the fights earlier in his career, there are times when he would just totally outbox guys. Cotto will usually adapt to his opponent. Against Shane he obviously didn't think pressure was the answer, and still made it work for him. I think he would fight Floyd a little differently personally.
I think his boxing looked a little better than it really is because Mosley had zero defence and was gassed early because of his nerves, Cotto was a scary guy for those first six rounds or so. Once shane had calmed down he was already breathing hard but he came forward still and had Cotto retreating, you're obviously a big Cotto fan, how do you feel about Cotto retreating? I didn't think that was part of his game, i'd be a fan of his if he kept coming like he did in the first half.

I think it's interesting that Cotto comes across as such a nice guy in interviews before and after a fight, in the ring the guy is straight out mean and nasty, refusing to touch gloves with Mosley whenever he put his hand out, and the deliberate low blows against Judah when he was in trouble, the guy is a monster but the retreating he did destroyed the image i had of him in my head, it just seemed uncharacteristic, i thought Mosley was about to buckle under the pressure and it's like Cotto just eased off and i ended up scoring the fight a draw, i think Mosley will win the rematch now if he doesn't go looking for the knockout from the start. I don't know what changed the fight at the half way mark, Mosley boxing on his toes, Cotto easing off for some unexplained reason, or a combination of the two, hopefully there will be a rematch, the fight was too inconclusive.
lefty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum