Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #31
AdamH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Alex is looking at his world rating and moving forward...he should be on the card if an opponent shows up Les is hurt so he cant make it but he wouldnt be on the card if he was fit....he would be fighting for a world title OS
les would have been on jamie myers card 3 days later at the southport rsl on fox sports.
AdamH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #32
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH View Post
les would have been on jamie myers card 3 days later at the southport rsl on fox sports.
No mate he would have been OS
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #33
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 466
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
No mate he would have been OS
I'm gonna guess Germany. Robert Stieglitz. ???
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #34
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera_fan View Post
I'm gonna guess Germany. Robert Stieglitz. ???
Close but no [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 AM   #35
Barrera_fan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 466
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Dimitri Sartison ???
Barrera_fan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #36
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrera_fan View Post
Dimitri Sartison ???
Mate all I can say is Les has the best guys in the biz looking after him
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #37
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
do u think leapai would agree to be an undercard to sonny bill?

more chance of alex beating both klitschko's in the one day then that happening.
He probably doesnt care cause he knows he aint bringing in the crowd himself
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #38
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Pathetic bout to headline a PPV, no buts about it.

A hell of a good undercard will be needed to get any boxing fans to watch this garbage...which i doubt as i expect Boxa to fill it with Peter "Put Me To Sleep" Mitrevski, Peter "Put Me To Sleep 2" Kazzi & Fred "I Only Fight Bums" Nagi.

Sad sad time for Australian boxing.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #39
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Alex is looking at his world rating and moving forward...he should be on the card if an opponent shows up Les is hurt so he cant make it but he wouldnt be on the card if he was fit....he would be fighting for a world title OS
Good luck to Les in his endeavours overseas should they come off.
Much deserved.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #40
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Close but no [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Andre Ward?
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #41
Malius
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Nice one newbie....tell me how many fights you go to each year?

Were you at Geales last 2 fights?

Did you buy Kats last 2 fights?

Do you support Aussie boxing or just bag it
I don't bag aussie boxing, I bag promoters and media for putting emphasis on boxer like Mundine, Dibb and Green (although I like Green pre cruiser weight).

Was at Kats / Micthell & Marq.

Was at Geales/Kaz and Mundine missed the one in between. I even watch whatever they but on Fox Sports if they didn't change the day day every few months, and I usually always at my local or star city for PPV's.

The only times I miss is if I have to work or are too drunk from Sat, thenI just DL it.

But do you agree with me or not.

P.S My fav of all time is Pernell Whitaker and he should of won against ODLH. By 2 rounds at least.
Malius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:55 AM   #42
Malius
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

My main gripe is that they are not selling the point of undercards, infact if there was a way to watch/pay for undercards but not main event I would.

Even a co-main event with an up and comer going for Commonwealth or Asian Pacific title I could handle. But SBW with 2 fights headlining I poo-poo it.
Malius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #43
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Sorry mate I dont agree...do you know who is on the UC?

I'm sure those aussie boxers think it's aussie boxing in AUST

I dont think fights like this should be PPV but I dont support calls to boycott it either....the guys on the UC are real aussie fighters that we should get behind.

To all ESB members If you dont like the card then dont pay for it...no problem....but a boycott is just wrong.

To answer Francis question on will I pay for it is irrelevant as I buy all sorts of unnecessary shit

End of the day I'm going to the fight to support 2 mates on the UC

So mate,,you're interpretation of Oz boxing is for the undercard to fund their own fights & pump the show up, for a casual sportsman to fight a casual sportsman, who share nothing of the PPV proceeds with the real fighters. ?

I think I need some time out
Rodin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #44
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
So mate,,you're interpretation of Oz boxing is for the undercard to fund their own fights & pump the show up, for a casual sportsman to fight a casual sportsman, who share nothing of the PPV proceeds with the real fighters. ?

I think I need some time out
No not at all Rodin.

My point is if people dont like the card dont pay for it....however calls to boycott the fight are a bit harsh as a few good aussie fighters will be on the card.

I dont think in any way it should be a PPV but I can see from a business point that the cross over crowd may just pay for this.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #45
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boycott SBW fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malius View Post
I don't bag aussie boxing, I bag promoters and media for putting emphasis on boxer like Mundine, Dibb and Green (although I like Green pre cruiser weight).

Was at Kats / Micthell & Marq.

Was at Geales/Kaz and Mundine missed the one in between. I even watch whatever they but on Fox Sports if they didn't change the day day every few months, and I usually always at my local or star city for PPV's.

The only times I miss is if I have to work or are too drunk from Sat, thenI just DL it.

But do you agree with me or not.

P.S My fav of all time is Pernell Whitaker and he should of won against ODLH. By 2 rounds at least.
Nice one newbie.....I mean getting to those fights....when you say "at" do you mean "at" the pub watching it....or you were you "at" the fight in the crowd?
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013