Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 641
vCash: 1000
Default Sherrington vs Woods

I heard last night that Woods and Sherrington are going to fight is there any substance to this?
JOE COOL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE COOL View Post
I heard last night that Woods and Sherrington are going to fight is there any substance to this?
It would be an interesting fight and could even sell quite well......but I dont think so mate.

Les is talking World Title shots and Garth wont fight a dangerous local guy as he could lose his standing after his big win over choc

But thats just my thoughts...

Disclaimer "no industry insdiers" or 'industry people" were contacted in regard the statement above
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #3
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post

Disclaimer "no industry insdiers" or 'industry people" were contacted in regard the statement above


Put on your matchmaker hat here Ash (no insider homo)....who would you like to see Woods challenge.
Woods made a very valuable statement after disposing of The Pioneer that he wanted to secure himself as a top domestic level fighter before jumping the gun and looking over seas.
Les Sherrington would be a good match up.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: "Mr 3 time"
Posts: 12,096
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post


Put on your matchmaker hat here Ash (no insider homo)....who would you like to see Woods challenge.
Woods made a very valuable statement after disposing of The Pioneer that he wanted to secure himself as a top domestic level fighter before jumping the gun and looking over seas.
Les Sherrington would be a good match up.


For sure it's a good domestic fight....and as I said I think it would sell well

It will be interesting to see what he does next if the fight with choc falls over

If I was matchmaking for Garth I would fight more contender style/ level fighters IMO Les and Bika are too good for Garth.
ashley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Honestly...what's in it for Sherro in a fight against Woods??? Talk about a step backwards.
darkhorse is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

I remember talking to someone last year who assured me that he could get Wood a world title shot.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
AdamH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

it would be a symbolic win

he doesnt get to fight the man...so he fights the man who beat the man
AdamH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 850
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post


For sure it's a good domestic fight....and as I said I think it would sell well

It will be interesting to see what he does next if the fight with choc falls over

If I was matchmaking for Garth I would fight more contender style/ level fighters IMO Les and Bika are too good for Garth.
Great side step......no considerations for any opponents?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #9
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 641
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

I think Sherrington beats woods in QLD i think with Woods you need the right ref to make sure he stays in the rules of boxing ! mundine was koed form a head but and the amount of holding i hope Les Fear got payed plenty.
JOE COOL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:28 AM   #10
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundine's undercard
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
I remember talking to someone last year who assured me that he could get Wood a world title shot.
Wow.. He must know a bloke from the IBO..

Last edited by Bobby Sinn; 01-06-2011 at 05:02 AM.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 AM   #11
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 641
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

he knows IBO hollywood the ref Austin thinks everyone has come to watch him ref !funny
JOE COOL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #12
Bobby Sinn
Bulimba Bullant
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mundine's undercard
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

They do. Phil told me personally.
Bobby Sinn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #13
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE COOL View Post
he knows IBO hollywood the ref Austin thinks everyone has come to watch him ref !funny
Congratulations, that's almost English.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #14
JOE COOL
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 641
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sherrington vs Woods

Leon ha ha
JOE COOL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013