Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #136
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Outcast Braith shattered
Josh Rakic and Adrian Proszenko
January 23, 2011
EXCLUSIVE
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


BRAITH ANASTA has spoken of his heartbreak at being squeezed out of Bondi Junction after Roosters officials all but conceded there was no place for him beyond 2011.

It is understood Anasta was secretly shopped to Parramatta just days ago on an immediate transfer after negotiations with the Roosters broke down this week.

''Ask me not long[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ago and I would have told you I couldn't see myself anywhere else, but to be honest with you they haven't offered me an extension of my contract,'' Anasta said.

''And I've been told I won't be offered an extension any time soon. I am off-contract and it's tough, mate. Ideally, I'd like to sign[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] my life away with the Roosters. I'm the captain of the club, it's my home[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and I love it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed about it all because I am.''

An intermediary acting for Anasta approached Parramatta, who have more[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] than $500,000 still available under the salary cap for this season. However, it's understood the Eels passed on the offer to the lock forward for either 2011 or 2012 and beyond.

The latest developments are[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] a slap in the face for the[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Dally M captain of the year, who led the Roosters from the wooden spoon to an improbable grand final appearance last season. Anasta played some of his best football after shifting from five-eighth to lock and, at the age of just 29, is still a contender for representative honours.

''Now I guess I'm just going to have to reassess everything, my future,'' Anasta said. ''I'm not sure what's going to happen now. I suppose that will take care of itself in the next couple of months. It becomes difficult because if you wait, wait and wait until mid-year and then all of a sudden they don't offer you that extension or it's pretty poor compared to elsewhere, it leaves you with your hands tied.

''As hard as it is and as painful as it is and as disappointing as it is, you've really got to look after yourself. And playing the game for as long as I have - this is my 12th season - you see it happening to to other players and it's just part of the game. It's sad but it's just the way it is.''

Anasta's long-term future has been a source of constant speculation. North Queensland attempted to poach the premiership-winning playmaker during last year's finals. Roosters CEO Steve Noyce confirmed the club had refused to guarantee anything beyond this year.

''We talked about where the club is up to in terms of recruitment and retention and we agreed we'll wait until the start of the season before we look to do anything,'' Noyce said. ''As I understand, Smithy had a really good chat about his future plans for the club. There certainly was no discussion that he wouldn't be considered to be part of the plans, but in today's environment, the salary cap is only what it is. You have 25 players to fit in and you have to continually look to the future.

''It's an important decision for Braith as well, I understand and respect that. We're all aware of what a great ambassador for the game Braith is.

''He's right up there with the way he handles himself on and off the field and he's a great attribute for a club with young players.''

Anasta's preference is to finish his career with the Roosters and has even contemplated taking a pay cut to alleviate salary cap pressures. The former Kangaroo and State of Origin representative has previously shunned big-money offers to switch codes.

''At the end of the day you'll take pay cuts to stay where you want and be happy at a place where you want to be,'' Anasta said.

''It's just a matter of what extent.

''Players should be rewarded for staying loyal to the code.''

In other league news, Titans and Manly fanboy Teke was caught molesting a dead horse behind a popular Gold Coast night spot.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #137
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

The Horse was not dead
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #138
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Bad Move by The Roosters.

Anasta played very well last year and looks to have gained fresh legs after being moved from 5/8

Not sure why they would be doing this, Maybe to sign Carney long term?


Anyway, Bad move.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #139
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Bad Move by The Roosters.

Anasta played very well last year and looks to have gained fresh legs after being moved from 5/8

Not sure why they would be doing this, Maybe to sign Carney long term?


Anyway, Bad move.
Very bad move.

He played really well last year in his preferred position.

Souths are going to pick him up I reckon. Bennett and Anasta are just the 2 blokes that will complete the Rabbits
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:52 AM   #140
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Very bad move.

He played really well last year in his preferred position.

Souths are going to pick him up I reckon. Bennett and Anasta are just the 2 blokes that will complete the Rabbits
I don't think so, I have a feeling he will stay
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #141
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

As soon as i say i was happy Souths are in the spot light and not us guess what? We get all the attention and for Bad things

Im very worried now, the Anasta situation needs to be fixed before the trials or we gonna be in a lot of trouble this season.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #142
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
As soon as i say i was happy Souths are in the spot light and not us guess what? We get all the attention and for Bad things

Im very worried now, the Anasta situation needs to be fixed before the trials or we gonna be in a lot of trouble this season.
Thats the way it usually goes.

I heard last year that Anasta will be shopped around to make way for Carney staying long term. He is a great captain, probably the best captain in the NRL in fact, and he'd be a big loss for you guys.

I have a feeling that he'll stay on on a reduced contract, or Uncle Nick will be privately topping up his pay pocket some other way

Teke, from what I'm hearing, the Bennett deal is a done thing and getting rid of Champion, and Sutton being tapped on the shoulder came from no other but the messiah himself.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:16 AM   #143
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Thats the way it usually goes.

I heard last year that Anasta will be shopped around to make way for Carney staying long term. He is a great captain, probably the best captain in the NRL in fact, and he'd be a big loss for you guys.

I have a feeling that he'll stay on on a reduced contract, or Uncle Nick will be privately topping up his pay pocket some other way

Teke, from what I'm hearing, the Bennett deal is a done thing and getting rid of Champion, and Sutton being tapped on the shoulder came from no other but the messiah himself.
yeah i think he will stay too.

but still, We dont need this BS, WHy couldnt all the talk be about other clubs? Its all about Souths and Easts, the 2 Original teams....Oh and Cronulla and how much shit there clubs in lol
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #144
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 244
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

If Anasta doesnt want to take 200 - 250k to stay with the roosters, i hope souths buy him. At the end of the day he is a lock, a poor mans 5/8. Something roosters have in abundance is backrowers. He has gone to the papers yet again, when he isnt getting offered the money he wants and he now realised no other teams wants him.
wangman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #145
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman View Post
If Anasta doesnt want to take 200 - 250k to stay with the roosters, i hope souths buy him. At the end of the day he is a lock, a poor mans 5/8. Something roosters have in abundance is backrowers. He has gone to the papers yet again, when he isnt getting offered the money he wants and he now realised no other teams wants him.
I read he is willing to take a pay cut, i heard its the Roosters who are hesitating to sign him, i could be wrong though

and we dont want to lose him, Most of all to Souths. His a great captain , Lets not forget he is the reason we made it as far as we did last year, with that amazing field goal against wests.

He has 2-3 good years left, and i hope he plays them with us.

We have plenty of back rowers but none with the leadership and skill of Braith. Who would you make captain if he goes? Carney? Pearce? Mini?
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #146
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
I read he is willing to take a pay cut, i heard its the Roosters who are hesitating to sign him, i could be wrong though

and we dont want to lose him, Most of all to Souths. His a great captain , Lets not forget he is the reason we made it as far as we did last year, with that amazing field goal against wests.

He has 2-3 good years left, and i hope he plays them with us.

We have plenty of back rowers but none with the leadership and skill of Braith. Who would you make captain if he goes? Carney? Pearce? Mini?
I agree, you dont want to lose him.

Most clubs have an abundance of 2nd Rowers but he is one of the comps better ones.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #147
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Tbh, I cant believe Parramatta knocked him back.
I dont think Souths will sign him, as we are also over loaded withy back rowers. But if we did sign him... that round 1 game would have a little bit more bite to it.

The ball's clearly in Wayne Bennett's court now.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #148
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 244
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
I read he is willing to take a pay cut, i heard its the Roosters who are hesitating to sign him, i could be wrong though

and we dont want to lose him, Most of all to Souths. His a great captain , Lets not forget he is the reason we made it as far as we did last year, with that amazing field goal against wests.

He has 2-3 good years left, and i hope he plays them with us.

We have plenty of back rowers but none with the leadership and skill of Braith. Who would you make captain if he goes? Carney? Pearce? Mini?

What sort of paycut do you think he will take from the 400-450 he is reportedly making? i doubt it will be below 300, which he simply is not worth. Pearce would be my longterm captain, unfortunately mini isnt far off retirement, plus i dont really consider him that good a leader. Nate Myles would be my darkhorse.

I realise how good Anasta played at the end of last year, and yes he is a good captain, but Mr Sullivan has recruited well. I would rather pay 100k to 4 of our promising juniors then give it to anasta. I honestly believe M. Aubusson could be a more damaging runner then Anasta on the edges.
wangman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #149
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman View Post
What sort of paycut do you think he will take from the 400-450 he is reportedly making? i doubt it will be below 300, which he simply is not worth. Pearce would be my longterm captain, unfortunately mini isnt far off retirement, plus i dont really consider him that good a leader. Nate Myles would be my darkhorse.

I realise how good Anasta played at the end of last year, and yes he is a good captain, but Mr Sullivan has recruited well. I would rather pay 100k to 4 of our promising juniors then give it to anasta. I honestly believe M. Aubusson could be a more damaging runner then Anasta on the edges.
Pearce is not ready to take on the captain role, If Braith stays for 2-3 more seasons i think Mitch will be ready, atm...i don't think he is.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #150
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangman View Post
4 of our promising juniors
Now theres a first.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013