Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #2911
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
On a feel good level I'm hoping that Tigers/Warriors or Knights can come through with the goods. Not one team in the top 5 at the moment that I care for.

If Souths put together a miracle run with the kind of form they've been showing then it would make the finals a lot of fun too.
No it would not. They will run into the Storm in 1st week. Then more lol@50uths.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #2912
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
...so by losing Cronk it's a 'bit of a tyre on their back'...or whatever that means...but losing Cam Smith...the 'go to' man in the side....a week outta the GF means **** all...
Kronk is a more vital player than Cam Smith ATM horse. Surely you could respect that. His kicking game is phenomenal, his line breaks are the same, his set plays are great too. He is IMHO a more versatile player than Cam Smith.

Surely you aren't trying to compare the team of 08 with the team of 11? They have lost all but 5-6 players of that team, so yes to lose one of their only remaining stars for a fortnight might hit them hard.

Fellas, what about the Broncs? They are playing bloody terrific it pains me to say, they will be the dark horse of the 8, them and the Tigers.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #2913
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Kronk is a more vital player than Cam Smith ATM horse. Surely you could respect that. His kicking game is phenomenal, his line breaks are the same, his set plays are great too. He is IMHO a more versatile player than Cam Smith.

Surely you aren't trying to compare the team of 08 with the team of 11? They have lost all but 5-6 players of that team, so yes to lose one of their only remaining stars for a fortnight might hit them hard.

Fellas, what about the Broncs? They are playing bloody terrific it pains me to say, they will be the dark horse of the 8, them and the Tigers.

True can't discard them or the Tigers.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2011, 04:26 AM   #2914
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Im not sold on Manly or Storm for the big game, something tells me they could meet just before hand. Tigers are the cunts Im getting antsy about...Benji could explode in the coming weeks
Yeah forgot them. Benji magic when you were 12-0 up 2 weeks ago. Definitely.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #2915
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post

mate...all I was sayin' is that Cam Smith 'was' Melbourne...the teams most dominant player...no different to the Bronc's without Locky..Cow's without Thursto...the Tige's without Benji...
...and I'm certainly not gunna argue Cronks importance to the Storm either...the upside to his injury is he'll get a spell and freshin' up for the finals...that'll spell danger to the rest of the comp...
...and please don't mention the Bronc's again...we're happy to fly under the radar...
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #2916
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Like souths do with Luke, Melbourne used to use smith to spearhead a lot of their attack. They were so effective at it too.

I don't that was the reason for their poor performance in the 98 gf though. Melbourne, more so than any other club seem to be able to cope much better than any other club does when they have their playmakers out.

You take benji out of the tigers. Johns out of the knights, etc and they start playing like the roosters. Melbourne seem to cope better when they have star players out. Probably due to their more structured style of play.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #2917
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Like souths do with Luke, Melbourne used to use smith to spearhead a lot of their attack. They were so effective at it too.

I don't that was the reason for their poor performance in the 98 gf though. Melbourne, more so than any other club seem to be able to cope much better than any other club does when they have their playmakers out.

You take benji out of the tigers. Johns out of the knights, etc and they start playing like the roosters. Melbourne seem to cope better when they have star players out. Probably due to their more structured style of play.
Melbourne are ****en amazin' really...Bellamy turns these unheralded type of players into superstars...and all the while gellin' them as a team/machine that blows others teams of the park...best attack in the comp and best defence in the comp kinda say's it all..

..you watch..these next couple of games will be the makin' of Gareth Widdop...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #2918
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

...the big shame of Smith's suspension for the 98' GF is that it took away from the contest and Manly were denied the right to say they beat a full strength Melbourne...
Old 08-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #2919
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Yeah forgot them. Benji magic when you were 12-0 up 2 weeks ago. Definitely.
U think u are funny with your pms to me huh?

U arn't going to jinx the Blacks this year brother
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #2920
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
U think u are funny with your pms to me huh?

U arn't going to jinx the Blacks this year brother
Wallabies purring along nicely.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:30 AM   #2921
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Wallabies purring along nicely.

we just lost to samoa didnt we??
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #2922
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
we just lost to samoa didnt we??
but beat reigning WC Champion's Springboks twice.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #2923
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
but beat reigning WC Champion's Springboks twice.
Wallabies will come to a complet full stop next weekend.

All Blacks will stomp on em quick and early...they will have no confidence at all come WC time
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #2924
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
...the big shame of Smith's suspension for the 98' GF is that it took away from the contest and Manly were denied the right to say they beat a full strength Melbourne...
Manly would have ****ed em up with Smith in the team. The only good thing Storm did was JUST beat the Broncs in the Semi the weekend before, the Broncos would have been a much tougher task in the GF.

However Oz is right, Manly were a beast of a team and they scorched that comp in 08
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #2925
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Manly would have ****ed em up with Smith in the team. The only good thing Storm did was JUST beat the Broncs in the Semi the weekend before, the Broncos would have been a much tougher task in the GF.

However Oz is right, Manly were a beast of a team and they scorched that comp in 08
I've heard you harp on about that 08 side being the greatest ever, yet after 26 rounds of football they didn't finish first.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum