Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #6811
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe01 View Post
no tariq sims in origin, that is some bullshit right there
He didnt play too well last night, pretty dull actually. Tamou is the man.

Shit Sandwich Ben Creagh got in
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #6812
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 354
vCash: 415
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

had ordinary game last night but he should be there.aussie james tamou will go well.agree about creagh and im a dragons supporter!
abe01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #6813
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,630
vCash: 166
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Bit surprised by Creagh...I would have still included Sims on the bench, we need to blood some young players aswell..obviously they need to be playing good enough to warrant selection but we need the injection of something different.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #6814
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,056
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Gallenless Sharks beat Storm.
Robson 1/2 back,Pommeroy,Best centres,Gardner not at FB **** knows who their wingers are. Give Shane Flanagan Dally M coach of the year now.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #6815
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Gallenless Sharks beat Storm.
Robson 1/2 back,Pommeroy,Best centres,Gardner not at FB **** knows who their wingers are. Give Shane Flanagan Dally M coach of the year now.
It was due to happen, it may as well be the number 2 team. Haha.

That was a good game. Been a weekend full of good games actually. Man Parramatta... I they even knew how to tackle or have a structured defence we wouldn't be in such a slump.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #6816
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

****ed dog traitorous selectors picking a kiwi in front of a dinki-di aussie boy . hes not a aussie or waler and never will be .
perko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #6817
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Parra had a completion rate of over 80%. Had 10 less missed tackles than Canberra and the same amount of errors and were down by 3 tries. This is unbelievable. What is the problem?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #6818
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Eels appear to be making a late bid for SBW. Not sure if they'll get him as he's been offered 1.5 million a season to play rugby in Japan.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #6819
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Parra had a completion rate of over 80%. Had 10 less missed tackles than Canberra and the same amount of errors and were down by 3 tries. This is unbelievable. What is the problem?
Our missed tackles generally always lead to a try. Everyone else usually has good enough scramble defence to shut it down.

I think 95% of our problem is defence ATM.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #6820
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Parra had a completion rate of over 80%. Had 10 less missed tackles than Canberra and the same amount of errors and were down by 3 tries. This is unbelievable. What is the problem?
By those stats, it sounds like theyre simply being too careful. Playing like theyre holding a 2 point lead with under 60 seconds to go (mistake free football). It's all well and good to play basic football, but sometimes you need some pizazz to get you some points. They've proven that they have points in them and it's by throwing the ball about when the games all but lost, not by playing structured footy. But as was mentioned before, it's their defence that is the real issue.

I mentioned this before but if Jason Taylor does come across as a head coach, well, he has runs on the board for turning teams around straight up (well, after a whole pre season I mean), similar to the Brian Smith effect. I remember he turned Souths 2006 defence (which was by far the worst in the comp) into the 2nd or 3rd best in 2007.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #6821
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
By those stats, it sounds like theyre simply being too careful. Playing like theyre holding a 2 point lead with under 60 seconds to go (mistake free football). It's all well and good to play basic football, but sometimes you need some pizazz to get you some points. They've proven that they have points in them and it's by throwing the ball about when the games all but lost, not by playing structured footy. But as was mentioned before, it's their defence that is the real issue.

I mentioned this before but if Jason Taylor does come across as a head coach, well, he has runs on the board for turning teams around straight up (well, after a whole pre season I mean), similar to the Brian Smith effect. I remember he turned Souths 2006 defence (which was by far the worst in the comp) into the 2nd or 3rd best in 2007.
Jason Taylor is a legend, and if we hadn't had Dan Anderson contracted to Parramatta in 2007, Parramatta would probably still have JT and be Top 4 still. I hope he does get appointed
Assistant Head Coach.

Hell even if the go to the NFL style of coaching, Kearney for Offence and JT for Defence would get good result.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #6822
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Holy shit..didn't watch my beloved Sharkies play but that result is pretty impressive on paper without Gallen.

Was the Slater binning legit? Will it hurt his chances at Origin?
Slaters binning was well deserved as he clearly took a player out in a try scoring opportunity. The Sharks pretty much blew their 1 man advantage though as they knocked the ball on twice, and got driven into touch. When Slater came back on and the Sharks blew those chances and didnt put any points on the board while he was out, I thought the Storm would win for sure, and probably even getting 1 or 2 late trys.

I'll go as far to say that thats the Sharks best win in a decade, or last 10 wins, whatever way you prefer to word it
Gallen didnt play and Carney was nowhere near as instrumental as he was last week against us, or as he has been for most of the season. Your halfback was very good, and anyone who thinks the Sharks are a 2 man show and will be woeful during origin needs to only watch todays game where Gallen was out, and Carney (while not playing bad) didnt set the world on fire.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #6823
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Slaters binning was well deserved as he clearly took a player out in a try scoring opportunity. The Sharks pretty much blew their 1 man advantage though as they knocked the ball on twice, and got driven into touch. When Slater came back on and the Sharks blew those chances and didnt put any points on the board while he was out, I thought the Storm would win for sure, and probably even getting 1 or 2 late trys.

I'll go as far to say that thats the Sharks best win in a decade, or last 10 wins, whatever way you prefer to word it
Gallen didnt play and Carney was nowhere near as instrumental as he was last week against us, or as he has been for most of the season. Your halfback was very good, and anyone who thinks the Sharks are a 2 man show and will be woeful during origin needs to only watch todays game where Gallen was out, and Carney (while not playing bad) didnt set the world on fire.
I was surprised that Slater got binned and Boyd didn't last night. Not that it would matter, they were getting flogged but still should have been binned, 5 min to go or not. He's a cunt of a player Boyd. I hope he chokes on Bennets dick and dies.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #6824
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
I was surprised that Slater got binned and Boyd didn't last night. Not that it would matter, they were getting flogged but still should have been binned, 5 min to go or not. He's a cunt of a player Boyd. I hope he chokes on Bennets dick and dies.
I was tuning in and out of the Knights game last night, and didnt see that incident. The Knights were kept in the game by the ref though, as the Cows copped a few tough calls, one that sticks out is that disallowed try which should have been awarded.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #6825
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I was tuning in and out of the Knights game last night, and didnt see that incident. The Knights were kept in the game by the ref though, as the Cows copped a few tough calls, one that sticks out is that disallowed try which should have been awarded.
Are you trying to tell me a Bennett coached team is getting favours from the Refs??? Unheard of.

Matt Bowen chipped over the top of Boyd and as he was running through Boyd turned and grabbed Bowens shirt, and pulled him back and out of the way, and that oppurtuniyu was missed. I was ****ing dirty that he wasn't sent off.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013