Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #7471
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
a little bit hardh there. One of those penalties was from the drop out and they would have got the ball back anyway, just not as close. He also set up the first try, and what would have been the match winner if Farrell hadnt dived too early.

Cant win em all.

Still, he was just over excited, i dont know if it bwas because both his brothers were playing or he was trying to impress James Graham as to what a hard man he is, but he does need to settle down a bit but i suppose you cant put an old head on young shoulders, he needs to take a leaf out of Crockers book, he was the same but he got a bit older & now he just does his job & doesnt say boo

He lifted his arms when he ran into Graham, started a fight & got penalised, if he'd been sin binned it would have been ****ing nice & then he gave one away when he was marker with hands in the ruck, i'll have to have a look at the game again, you miss a lot of shit out at the game

Still, we could have won it, if Farrell had scored it was ours & he missed it by the proverbial split hair, i suppose we've had a bit of luck, sometimes it goes against you, might be the nkick up the acher they needed, they're not as good as everyones been saying & theres a shitload of work to do if they want to end up top four, or top eight for that matter
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #7472
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

John sutton is the weak link in that side. Games like that, he goes missing. As gus said...thats why he hasnt played origin and why souths havent been in finals. I reckon they can still get to top 4 with him, but if they had a goid 5/8, they just about win the whole thing.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #7473
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Still, he was just over excited, i dont know if it bwas because both his brothers were playing or he was trying to impress James Graham as to what a hard man he is, but he does need to settle down a bit but i suppose you cant put an old head on young shoulders, he needs to take a leaf out of Crockers book, he was the same but he got a bit older & now he just does his job & doesnt say boo

He lifted his arms when he ran into Graham, started a fight & got penalised, if he'd been sin binned it would have been ****ing nice & then he gave one away when he was marker with hands in the ruck, i'll have to have a look at the game again, you miss a lot of shit out at the game

Still, we could have won it, if Farrell had scored it was ours & he missed it by the proverbial split hair, i suppose we've had a bit of luck, sometimes it goes against you, might be the nkick up the acher they needed, they're not as good as everyones been saying & theres a shitload of work to do if they want to end up top four, or top eight for that matter
Yeah, the moment probably got to him a bit.
I also went to the game and had to watch the replay just to see why the Dogs player got penalized when they made that break. I had no idea why, and neither did anyone else near me in the crowd. After seeing the replay they said it was because a player recieved the ball from offside which is probably fair enough.

The Dogs are a good side, and we done well to hang with them for the full 80. We'll be there come September.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #7474
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
John sutton is the weak link in that side. Games like that, he goes missing. As gus said...thats why he hasnt played origin and why souths havent been in finals. I reckon they can still get to top 4 with him, but if they had a goid 5/8, they just about win the whole thing.
I know Suttons a fan favorite to hate on, but you really cant blame him for the loss last night. He's not a traditional 5/8 and you'll never see him weave in and out of defenders like you would Marshall, etc. He had a solid game actually.
The game was lost with our handling. Dogs handling was superb given the conditions. I reckon and hope McGuire blasts Crocker for his very lazy attemopt at catching a chip which resulted in a Barba try.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #7475
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

That was lazy .
perko is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #7476
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Manu Vatuvei is one dumb motha****a

Cooper Cronk is the best quarterback in the game
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #7477
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Manu Vatuvei is one dumb motha****a

Cooper Cronk is the best quarterback in the game
Good game though. Similar to their last encounter.

Lets get on the yellow and blue glory bus this afternoon.

edit: Err, wrong day. Knights and Brisbane today, and I refuse to step foot in any one of those vehicles.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 02:38 AM   #7478
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Good game though. Similar to their last encounter.

Lets get on the yellow and blue glory bus this afternoon.

edit: Err, wrong day. Knights and Brisbane today, and I refuse to step foot in any one of those vehicles.
Ahhh shucks Pecks. Sounds like you put a bet on as well.

They got the penalty because Reynolds was floating on your 40m line returning to his side, when they made the break he just turned around and jumped in to get the ball passed to him and got themselves the penalty. Souths had that in the bag but the young winger got too excited and ****ed it.

I love seeing any Bennett team go to shit and Knights certainly are going to shit.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #7479
pecks
East Side Guru

Nah, no betting from me. I just want to see teke get his bet up so I can hit him up for some cash.

Wow. How crazy is the NRL. Knights let in 50 yet probably outplayed the Bronx for a good 30-35 minutes. It used to be the case that if you conceded 50, you were miserable and got outplayed for the whole match. If Knights didnt turn it on for at least 30 or so minutes or played a team that wanted to go in for the kill, I wonder how many they could have actually conceded.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #7480
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

How many times has a Wayne Bennett coached team not made the semi finals?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #7481
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

knights did'nt get a break all day , still some of their defence was bush standard.
perko is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #7482
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

willie mason is the suprise for me at the knights, he is on a less than quater of what snowden is earning and out playing him, he's been one of knights best in last 2 games
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #7483
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Yeah willie has been playing well above all the other Knights forwards in the last 2 weeks. He knows the standard that needs to be met, but the others are struggling
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #7484
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Pretty Solid NSW Squad imo.

I think they Maroons will play alot better in the next game but could be outplayed.
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #7485
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
I know Suttons a fan favorite to hate on, but you really cant blame him for the loss last night. He's not a traditional 5/8 and you'll never see him weave in and out of defenders like you would Marshall, etc. He had a solid game actually.
The game was lost with our handling. Dogs handling was superb given the conditions. I reckon and hope McGuire blasts Crocker for his very lazy attemopt at catching a chip which resulted in a Barba try.
I thought the halves and the backs for Souths during the game were pretty good. I will say the forwards looked out on there feet. Taylor was good but everyone else was average.

Bulldogs kept running out of there own 20 and they were gaining decent meters Pecks. I remember seeing Barba tackled on the 1 meter line twice next thing Bulldogs forwards had them back at the half way line on the 4th tackle.

I feel it was lost there not enough pressure in there own half.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum