Old 06-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #7561
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
Oh its a real shame. Glad he is out of the game now they can find someone that actually loves the game and not his own ego.
Not many CEO's of any company, organisation or utility give a **** about their niche... Only the production and profit. Gallop certainly didn't nor should we ever expect to get one that will... More often than not, someone will be passionate about the sport but **** it up royally and make silly decisions and get axed.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #7562
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Oh its a real shame. Glad he is out of the game now they can find someone that actually loves the game and not his own ego.

The fact that you've only been watching the game for twelve years leads me to believe that you know jack shit, now confirmed
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 AM   #7563
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

So who should take over?
It doesnt really matter a great deal, not as much as it used to as whoever takes over will now just be a piece of the committe and will merely be a mouthpiece to what the whole committe decides.

It worries me a little that he was pushed due to people still having some bad blood from the Super League era. Although Gallopp was a part of that and linked with news, it's a bit unfair to oust him just because of that. Also, you wouldnt want to piss on news limited too much. It could come back to hurt the code, and hurt it well.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 04:50 AM   #7564
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
So who should take over?
It doesnt really matter a great deal, not as much as it used to as whoever takes over will now just be a piece of the committe and will merely be a mouthpiece to what the whole committe decides.

It worries me a little that he was pushed due to people still having some bad blood from the Super League era. Although Gallopp was a part of that and linked with news, it's a bit unfair to oust him just because of that. Also, you wouldnt want to piss on news limited too much. It could come back to hurt the code, and hurt it well.
Someone who isn't afraid to cop flack to promote the game properly and fairly...
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #7565
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Todd Greenberg wouldn't be a bad shout I reckon
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #7566
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post

hes done well with the dogs,i'm not sure of his previous experience or if he's got the credentials to lead something much bigger than one club

I also imagine his current closeness to the dogs may cause an immediate conflict of interest, i wonder if they'd prefer someone with no real club history
Old 06-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #7567
pecks
East Side Guru

I fail to see how Greenberg has such a fantastic reputation. So many people seem to mention him for this role, but for mine, he hasnt nearly proved he could go close to handling it. Granted he has done a lot of good for the club, but the club hasnt really had any success on the field since he's taken over. They've been an up and down side season to season. Last 2 seasons theyve missed the 8. Before that I think they finished very high one season then almost bottom the next. Not a good sign of good management.

I'm with Paul Kent and reckon they should go with Grant. Smart mind, and should be able to be a team player.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #7568
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

they should give john howard a call. hes a known footy fan with a proven record and hes handled far tougher gigs than this. hed shit it in. remember he was all set to lead cricket till it was canned by the indians
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #7569
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
The fact that you've only been watching the game for twelve years leads me to believe that you know jack shit, now confirmed
Whatever i may only been watching League for 12 years mate but i know more about sports than you would think. Having played at a decent level at both Australian Rules and Baseball.

Plus the fact i follow NCAA football and most American sports for me to follow League for a little bit i probably picked the game up quicker in those 12 years than you did watching your whole life.

Oh and have you ever played League for you local team and how long for cos if not dont be talking shit.

Because i hate more than ever people that think they know shit when they never even been on the field in any sport let alone the one they follow.
I have never played League except a few Park games at 17. Yes i dont think i know as much as most here but to say i know jack shit well ****.

Thats just not cricket Wide Open.
Especially after playing
Country Week Baseball/ Baseball Coach Seniors and Juniors
Australian Rules Football
Cricket
Indoor Soccer
Basketball
Tennis
Table Tennis
Badminton

Baseball and Footy are the ones I was more successful at.

But you always hating always and especially me now i agree i have not played League but i can tell you this in my younger days if a did i probably wouldnt have found it to hard being able to tackle and kick and being as fit playing Aussie Rules.

Plus i get the rules i made the comment on Gallop because i see him for what he is.

Thats the man who has a great game to sell yet they are light years behind the AFL from grass roots to senior exposure.

ITS THAT ****ING SIMPLE.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #7570
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
My vote would be Adrian Anderson from the AFL.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #7571
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Whatever i may only been watching League for 12 years mate but i know more about sports than you would think. Having played at a decent level at both Australian Rules and Baseball.

Plus the fact i follow NCAA football and most American sports for me to follow League for a little bit i probably picked the game up quicker in those 12 years than you did watching your whole life.

Oh and have you ever played League for you local team and how long for cos if not dont be talking shit.

Because i hate more than ever people that think they know shit when they never even been on the field in any sport let alone the one they follow.
I have never played League except a few Park games at 17. Yes i dont think i know as much as most here but to say i know jack shit well ****.

Thats just not cricket Wide Open.
Especially after playing
Country Week Baseball/ Baseball Coach Seniors and Juniors
Australian Rules Football
Cricket
Indoor Soccer
Basketball
Tennis
Table Tennis
Badminton

Baseball and Footy are the ones I was more successful at.

But you always hating always and especially me now i agree i have not played League but i can tell you this in my younger days if a did i probably wouldnt have found it to hard being able to tackle and kick and being as fit playing Aussie Rules.

Plus i get the rules i made the comment on Gallop because i see him for what he is.

Thats the man who has a great game to sell yet they are light years behind the AFL from grass roots to senior exposure.

ITS THAT ****ING SIMPLE.

****, what a rant & half you're a ****ing peanut

I really didn't want a rundown on the life & times & sporting career of you, actually it was the last thing I wanted

It was pointed out to you before that league has grown under Gallop, you wouldn't even remember the super league situation & to understand the contrast now you need an idea

****, I just looked back at your post, are you serious??
Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #7572
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
they should give john howard a call. hes a known footy fan with a proven record and hes handled far tougher gigs than this. hed shit it in. remember he was all set to lead cricket till it was canned by the indians
Costello can be the new salary cap auditor.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #7573
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm guessing a few will emerge from left field, probably people nobody's thought of
Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #7574
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
****, what a rant & half you're a ****ing peanut

I really didn't want a rundown on the life & times & sporting career of you, actually it was the last thing I wanted

It was pointed out to you before that league has grown under Gallop, you wouldn't even remember the super league situation & to understand the contrast now you need an idea

****, I just looked back at your post, are you serious??
Yes im serious, Because im sick of CUNTS that argue points were they have never played or been apart of a sports team.

Yet they ****ing argue every point when as about as serious as it got for them sports wise was playing a game of FIFA on PS3.

So i say this have you played any sports at a decent level before you criticize my knowledge of the game.

SIMPLE QUESTION.

Because lately you seem to argue every ****ing thing i say about anything yet im 8th overall in ESB boxing tipping but argue my Boxing knowledge you argue my rants about Australia you argue know my knowledge of NRL.

Whats next. Yes im serious Ive had enough and want ****ing answers. Otherwise your a ****ing Hypocrite and the worse kind.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #7575
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yes im serious, Because im sick of CUNTS that argue points were they have never played or been apart of a sports team.

Yet they ****ing argue every point when as about as serious as it got for them sports wise was playing a game of FIFA on PS3.

So i say this have you played any sports at a decent level before you criticize my knowledge of the game.

SIMPLE QUESTION.

Because lately you seem to argue every ****ing thing i say about anything yet im 8th overall in ESB boxing tipping but argue my Boxing knowledge you argue my rants about Australia you argue know my knowledge of NRL.

Whats next. Yes im serious Ive had enough and want ****ing answers. Otherwise your a ****ing Hypocrite and the worse kind.

Yes i've played plenty of sports as well as Rugby League for a good slice of my life, going by your ridiculous, strange, weird, childish rant i'm probably old enough to be your father

I'm not going to get into a ridiculous "my ****s bigger than your ****" like argument, i dont give a **** if you're badminton champ of bum**** Victoria & greater regions or if you once kicked a Sherin 3214 metres on the full or if you hit Warnie for six at the annual CWA spinsters dance & cricket match, well done i say old chap

But thats not really what this is about is it kid?? you're how far up the leader board on the "ESB i can pick whos going to knock so & so's head clean off" tipping comp??..congrats champ, you da man

Buttttt, where were we, yeah, you know **** all about Rugby League ok??..i know **** all about AFL, Baseball, Boxing tipping comps & country level badminton

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum