Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #8266
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
As long as our captain is from a side that has been around 44 years and won **** all we will keep losing. Yeah Gallens a workhorse and should be in the side but not as captain. **** Queensland.
Better that than have a captain of a team which showed French like courage when the game was going to war.
Yep, at a time where there'd be clubs fighting for their survival and willing to get dirty, the dragons took the easy way out, not wanting to get their shirts untucked, and got a pass for a mere price of 50% of their identity.

Creaghs confrontation with hodges in the 09 origin epitomizes what the dead v club is about and stands for.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #8267
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post

NSW just dont have the Heart, Passion, Drive or Skills the Mighty Maroons do
But we do have the ability to cost turn coating rent boys like you $650.

Admit it, when it was 8-0, you were browsing the personals looking for the perfect ladyboy brothel to spend tour winnings on.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #8268
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Better that than have a captain of a team which showed French like courage when the game was going to war.
Yep, at a time where there'd be clubs fighting for their survival and willing to get dirty, the dragons took the easy way out, not wanting to get their shirts untucked, and got a pass for a mere price of 50% of their identity.

Creaghs confrontation with hodges in the 09 origin epitomizes what the dead v club is about and stands for.
You sold 100 years of history,to phone throwing wanker for a 1/4 of what why_dope_n_road would call a soap dodging pom involved in a 3rd world sport earnt in under 6 minutes when he fought Pacquiao.
lol@5ouFF$. Still looks like you will make your 2nd semi final series since 1989.
Congratulations.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #8269
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Probably the first time ive really subscribed to the " their were no losers tonight" line. One of the best origins...both teams fought like animals for 80 mins.

It had a real boxing feel about it. I loved it.

* creagh is a waste of a spot.
* im not doin hand stands over nsw's halves...but do you change that combo after goin within a bees of winning the series? Farrar was doing a lot of their work on his own. I doubt ricky will change them though.

Couldnt split a man of the match between myles, inglis, corey parker. Morris boys for nsw were super.

Great theatre, it lived up to the enormous hype. Most watched footy game ever as well.

Now...lets get a thick rule about keeping nz'ers out of it. If they dont....the concept will be watered downmand the true tradition and rivalry will evaporate. Thats not a dig at qld...tbh nsw are a bunch of whingers on this issue because how can you have a shot at qld picking players from elsewhere when we dived straight in to get tamou as soon as it was known he was available?

Origin is king right now, they better not **** it.....
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #8270
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:

To be fair, Creagh has always been a *****. Not a fighter at all... If Hodges pulled that stunt on Bird, O'Donnell or **** even Ennis... I think it would have went quite differently.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #8271
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Btw...

Mundine tweeted before the match that he was going for qld because nsw always pick the wrong team. Lol
I replied "you are spot on, and the proof is that nsw picked you!"
Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #8272
pecks
East Side Guru

Despite the way he finished the game, I reckon Robbie Farrah made himself a modern day blues hero.
He carried the halves despite being put on queer st early on in the game.

Some guys are stamped "never to be selected for origin again" Farrah should b stamped "never to not be selected for origin again".
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #8273
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Probably the first time ive really subscribed to the " their were no losers tonight" line. One of the best origins...both teams fought like animals for 80 mins.

It had a real boxing feel about it. I loved it.

* creagh is a waste of a spot.
* im not doin hand stands over nsw's halves...but do you change that combo after goin within a bees of winning the series? Farrar was doing a lot of their work on his own. I doubt ricky will change them though.

Couldnt split a man of the match between myles, inglis, corey parker. Morris boys for nsw were super.

Great theatre, it lived up to the enormous hype. Most watched footy game ever as well.

Now...lets get a thick rule about keeping nz'ers out of it. If they dont....the concept will be watered downmand the true tradition and rivalry will evaporate. Thats not a dig at qld...tbh nsw are a bunch of whingers on this issue because how can you have a shot at qld picking players from elsewhere when we dived straight in to get tamou as soon as it was known he was available?

Origin is king right now, they better not **** it.....
QLD have had the lions share of Kiwis in their team. I don't agree with Kiwis changing allegiance. But if that is their original preference than fine.

The whole rules on selection is ****ed. Should be where you are born. Clean and simple.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #8274
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
To be fair, Creagh has always been a *****. Not a fighter at all... If Hodges pulled that stunt on Bird, O'Donnell or **** even Ennis... I think it would have went quite differently.
He's having a go at St.George merging not Creagh.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #8275
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Despite the way he finished the game, I reckon Robbie Farrah made himself a modern day blues hero.
He carried the halves despite being put on queer st early on in the game.

Some guys are stamped "never to be selected for origin again" Farrah should b stamped "never to not be selected for origin again".
Yep. Farrah is a Blues legend for sure. Farrah, Gallen and Bird show tremendous pride in being NSW. They should never not be picked.

I've been advocating Farrah for years, 90% of cunts on this forum have been saying he can't play Origin... So man up who reckoned that so we can all laugh at you and tell you you don't know shit.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #8276
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
You sold 100 years of history,to phone throwing wanker for a 1/4 of what why_dope_n_road would call a soap dodging pom involved in a 3rd world sport earnt in under 6 minutes when he fought Pacquiao.
lol@5ouFF$. Still looks like you will make your 2nd semi final series since 1989.
Congratulations.
Hook line and sinker.
You've been peck'd
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #8277
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Puncher
I will say if Hodges tried that with the other Dragons players... Beau Scott, Matt Cooper, Mick Weyman, Trent Barrett, Jason Ryles etc, he would have got his group heroics handed to him.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #8278
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
True, but if you don't wanna fight, don't rush in and push someone.
I reckon he did wanna fight, but then the st merge influence kicked in and by running away he then done the club proud be replicating their passion and ticker during their fight for survival.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #8279
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Ennis
teke is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #8280
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
QLD have had the lions share of Kiwis in their team. I don't agree with Kiwis changing allegiance. But if that is their original preference than fine.

The whole rules on selection is ****ed. Should be where you are born. Clean and simple.
True, but the numbers dont really matter. They both are guilty of using outsiders. Just sounds hypocritical to me. As soon as tamou mentioned he would play for nsw if he was picked...gallen rang ricky straight away and ricky tried ringing tamou that same night.

Last edited by perfect jet; 07-05-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum