Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #9271
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Fiji has always been more rugby union, whereas PNG league is the national sport, both haven't really got the infrastructure or security to sustain a team
yeah you have a point... but i have a fijian mate Ashby that told me on the weekend the lads are growing up playing union but then moving to Australia at 16 or 17 to persue NRL because of money. He reckons in 15 years there will be nearly as many Fijians as Tongans etc because thats where the money is. Koroibete and guys like Bukuyu are fantastic for the young fijian kids to see

Was Adrian Lam from PNG? Sounds kinda asian
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #9272
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
yeah you have a point... but i have a fijian mate Ashby that told me on the weekend the lads are growing up playing union but then moving to Australia at 16 or 17 to persue NRL because of money. He reckons in 15 years there will be nearly as many Fijians as Tongans etc because thats where the money is. Koroibete and guys like Bukuyu are fantastic for the young fijian kids to see

Was Adrian Lam from PNG? Sounds kinda asian
Adrian Lam was the current PNG captain who played for QLD SOO. Figure that out. League will always play second fiddle to union in Fiji though. Its only been played there for 15 years or so where as Union has 100 years of history behind it. Usually those who cannot make it in Union play league there.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #9273
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Adrian Lam was the current PNG captain who played for QLD SOO. Figure that out. League will always play second fiddle to union in Fiji though. Its only been played there for 15 years or so where as Union has 100 years of history behind it. Usually those who cannot make it in Union play league there.
cheers for that...i remember being on a plane a few years back with the whole fijian rugby union side... well the "A" side...second teir guys.... **** me some of those guys were like silverback gorillas. One fella ate 2 and a half in flight meals and about 7 or 8 bread rolls. Drank cans of beer with a straw

when the plane landed they all started singing and stamping on the floor, it was worse than turbulance
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #9274
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
cheers for that...i remember being on a plane a few years back with the whole fijian rugby union side... well the "A" side...second teir guys.... **** me some of those guys were like silverback gorillas. One fella ate 2 and a half in flight meals and about 7 or 8 bread rolls. Drank cans of beer with a straw

when the plane landed they all started singing and stamping on the floor, it was worse than turbulance
I know a few Fijian fellas and it's always a mixed bag what ya gonna get going out with them.... Keeps it interesting thats for sure
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #9275
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Current Captain? I think you mean Coach. He was allowed to play for Qld because he came through the Q Cup system
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #9276
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Current Captain? I think you mean Coach. He was allowed to play for Qld because he came through the Q Cup system
He moved to Qld when he was 7.. He is more a Quuenslander than some of the guys they have playing for them now
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #9277
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
WAS. He was captaining PNG and playing for Qld at the same time.

By the way your deal is accepted. Melbourne win, you wear the avatar for one year. Well actually 2 years since you also offered this mega deal to 2 people. Melbourne lose, you are proven to right.

Thats a bad deal on your part but its not my problem. Storm have 25% chance of winning this year, not 1% like you think.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #9278
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:

also, "shock, horror!!!" QLD was struggling to find a decent halfback, from memory, Alfie Langer had been there so long that when he retired they had nobody to take over, Paul Green may have been injured or retired also, i cant remember, but the powers that be let QLD use Lam, who had pledged allegiance to PNG to play for QLD, supposedly for the good of the series etc, an example of another little concesion given to QLD, look at the cunts now, going for 10 in a row, do you reckon they'd give us anything??...
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #9279
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
also, "shock, horror!!!" QLD was struggling to find a decent halfback, from memory, Alfie Langer had been there so long that when he retired they had nobody to take over, Paul Green may have been injured or retired also, i cant remember, but the powers that be let QLD use Lam, who had pledged allegiance to PNG to play for QLD, supposedly for the good of the series etc, an example of another little concesion given to QLD, look at the cunts now, going for 10 in a row, do you reckon they'd give us anything??...
The whole farce of Tamou was as hypocritical as it gets... The state that pinches all the internationals.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #9280
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Minichello....NOT GUILTY!!!!

GET ****ED!!!!

How the **** do these rorting cunts get away with it??
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #9281
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:

GET ****ED!!!!

Yeh that is bullshit. You think it has anything to do with his 250th game this weekend?
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #9282
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

That is incredible
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #9283
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Yeh that is bullshit. You think it has anything to do with his 250th game this weekend?

who knows, it obviously cant be in an official capacity so it'll be interesting to see how the judiciary explain it, for the life of me i cant imagine how they can, he ****ing jumped in the air with his elbow out

Inglis got three weeks for a miss timed shoulder charge, a shoulder charge is still legal, a elbow to the head is nowhere near legal, it should have at least been a careless tackle

All i can think is "Uncle Nick" or David Gyngel have had a word to the judiciary & explained that they've spent a bit of money to promote his 250th game, make sure it goes ahead, **** knows, its got me beat
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #9284
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:

GET ****ED!!!!

PFFT, we dont want him to play!

I wanted RTS for the rest of the year, so them letting him off is worse for us

SO GO GET FARKED!
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #9285
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
do you reckon they'd give us anything??...
...a box of tissues

Lam was a Qld'er, not a Blue cunt
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum