Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Ah, my bad.
I'll reserve my judgement on Dugan until Saturday night.

Sopranos is a winner man. But be warned, it did take me a season and a half to really gel to the show. Upon first viewing, you may find season 1 to be a bit characterized, and the show to be a bit slow paced.

My Fav Shows:
The Sopranos
The Wire
Boardwalk Empire (Just started season 2)
ROME

Damn HBO make some great shows.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #9707
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Agree

Dugans gain is one of the biggest shoot ups I have witnessed especially in the short time frame.

This whole site seems to be obsessed with steroids & speculating that people are on steroids

I doubt very many League players have taken steroids, besides having some major testing these days i just dont think they need to & i dont think drugs like that really play a part in League

A bloke like Dugan, 22 years old, he's been around a few years, so when everyone first noticed him he was a gangly teenager who'd probably done very few weights, never taken protein supplements & all that shit , to me its just a young bloke filling out aided by a lot of gym work,like most NRL players

But garnted, i know absolutely nothing about roids or training etc, but we havent seen anyone get done for steroids in a long time now, i dont think it really benefits league players , it may help return from injury, but i doubt many would be getting away with it or even wanting to **** themselves up using it
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #9708
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

There will be alot using, much like in boxing i think its pretty naieve to think there not using things to there advantage, look at lance armstrong everyone knew he was doping but they couldnt catch him, most of the time users stay ahead of the testing and i doubt rugby league testing is as stringest as say vada in boxing (who now has only caught a few people) having played lower levels of league during the season how some players can gain so mich muscle or get lean and retain strength amazes me when you consider the injuries and knocks people take in a game and the amount of timw they spend recovering
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #9709
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187 View Post
There will be alot using, much like in boxing i think its pretty naieve to think there not using things to there advantage, look at lance armstrong everyone knew he was doping but they couldnt catch him, most of the time users stay ahead of the testing and i doubt rugby league testing is as stringest as say vada in boxing (who now has only caught a few people) having played lower levels of league during the season how some players can gain so mich muscle or get lean and retain strength amazes me when you consider the injuries and knocks people take in a game and the amount of timw they spend recovering

this place is just obsessed generally with anything to do with "PEDS" etc, its probably the most cynical site in the history of the net where it comes to discussing athletes & drugs, its almost stock standard to actually convince yourself & everyone else that every athlete that has ever walked the earth is on drugs
Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #9710
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
This whole site seems to be obsessed with steroids & speculating that people are on steroids

I doubt very many League players have taken steroids, besides having some major testing these days i just dont think they need to & i dont think drugs like that really play a part in League

A bloke like Dugan, 22 years old, he's been around a few years, so when everyone first noticed him he was a gangly teenager who'd probably done very few weights, never taken protein supplements & all that shit , to me its just a young bloke filling out aided by a lot of gym work,like most NRL players

But garnted, i know absolutely nothing about roids or training etc, but we havent seen anyone get done for steroids in a long time now, i dont think it really benefits league players , it may help return from injury, but i doubt many would be getting away with it or even wanting to **** themselves up using it
tell me about it, so much so i dont even call them steroids anymore

the other day i said "man Armstrong got caught taking PEDS!"
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #9711
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
I know at least 3 that have taken PEDs at one stage
teke is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #9712
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I know at least 3 that have taken PEDs at one stage

three????

Gee, how many professional Rugby League players do you think have gone around since Tahu got done??...i think he was the last one??
Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #9713
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

I don't know about PED's but i think recreational drug use was huge. I know so many stories of big name players sharing a line or pill with friends and relatives. So.....

If they're willing to risk lengthy suspension in that way, then why not risk in a way that might give you an edge on the field?

Have a look at some of the jaws/chins on players going around. I have my suspicions about one broken neck coming back mother****er......
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #9714
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
three????

Gee, how many professional Rugby League players do you think have gone around since Tahu got done??...i think he was the last one??
What was Tahu done for?

I think the Tekster means personal knowledge...
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #9715
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
three????

PEDs are absolutely rampant in the lower grades. I have sat in on a convo with some Q Cup'ers laughing about this product or that product it doesnt show up.

Such things like Andriol are oral testosterone products that release small amounts of test. that doesnt stay in the system very long. Recently banned product Jack3D was banned years ago by the NRL because of what it contains and there were heaps of players taking it.

Anyway I wasnt even the posters who started talking about Dugan, it was someone else
teke is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 AM   #9716
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

I'm not naive to believe they don't get that huge considering their workloads without some assistance. But Josh didn't do much diffferent to Pearce, cept Pearce put on about 15 kg in an off season.... Seems legit.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #9717
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
PEDs are absolutely rampant in the lower grades. I have sat in on a convo with some Q Cup'ers laughing about this product or that product it doesnt show up.

Such things like Andriol are oral testosterone products that release small amounts of test. that doesnt stay in the system very long. Recently banned product Jack3D was banned years ago by the NRL because of what it contains and there were heaps of players taking it.

Anyway I wasnt even the posters who started talking about Dugan, it was someone else

Oh i'm not targeting any one poster, all i wanted to say was that it seems to be fashionable on a site like this to suggest that every athlete in the bloody world takes "peds", whereas i just havent seen any proof of it, i'd suggest that if it were in fact rampant that a few more would have caught out, these blokes havent got massive entourages like a lot of Olympic sprinters etc

Plus, like i said, i dont think many of them really need to get too big, i'd suggest the safe use of a gym & legal supplements, i know a lot of the souths boys use a hell of a lot of BSC products & they even sponsor different things around the club, will be sufficient for Rugby League where you need a real balance of strength & endurance
Old 09-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #9718
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
I don't know about PED's but i think recreational drug use was huge. I know so many stories of big name players sharing a line or pill with friends and relatives. So.....

If they're willing to risk lengthy suspension in that way, then why not risk in a way that might give you an edge on the field?

Have a look at some of the jaws/chins on players going around. I have my suspicions about one broken neck coming back mother****er......

definately a candidate... unfortunately we can only specTATE
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #9719
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

When Todd Carney had his little sooky fit about people spreading rumours about him, he claimed that it was bullshit and that he hasnt even been tested since Feb.
If someone such as Carney is hardly being tested, then it does make you wonder.

Whilst on Carney, I reckon he'd be on almost unbackable odds to **** up in some way or another in the off season, considering his hit/miss record, and the downer he's gunna be on with his injury.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #9720
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

What will IBM come back as if Souths lose? lol@5ouff$?
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum