Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #9811
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 942
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I know what you mean, and I share your frustration. Victorians love their sport, and just about fill out any arena to see a lot of sports, except league.

They have a wonderfully talented team, and have had great success since entering the competition yet noone supports them. Considering how Victorians love their sport, their semi should really be at etihad, and get a crowd of 60k, but no.

Are they that anti nsw?
The reason is TV, not enough people know about it. Storm games have always been at 12 midnight except for perhaps this year. Gallop never pushed channel 9 to show the games on free to air like they were supposed to according to the tv contract.

When its finally on fta during finals time the fans now want to save a buck and stay at home.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #9812
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

At least the Tigers have retained the services of Lote
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 AM   #9813
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
At least the Tigers have retained the services of Lote
Why they kept him and offloaded some of the others is a mystery.
Lote would be one of the slowest and least agile backs inthe nrl. Seeing him turn around off his line to try and get to a grubber is like seeing a 24 wheeler do a 180.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #9814
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Why they kept him and offloaded some of the others is a mystery.
Lote would be one of the slowest and least agile backs inthe nrl. Seeing him turn around off his line to try and get to a grubber is like seeing a 24 wheeler do a 180.
Also trying to resign Matt Utai for 2 years... Something is going on at that club... It looks like they are trying to self destruct.
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #9815
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
i'm feeling a little confused myself, fairly new to me too, i remember 87 but it seems much bigger now
Shit will get even more real come Saturday.
Bumped into an old mate by chance the other day, and the last tine I saw him was at redfern oval 2000 or 2001 when we played Lebanon in a game to raise money for the court case.
Tines have changed considerably, and looking back to 2000, I'd have found it hard to believe that we are where we are now.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #9816
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Shit will get even more real come Saturday.
Bumped into an old mate by chance the other day, and the last tine I saw him was at redfern oval 2000 or 2001 when we played Lebanon in a game to raise money for the court case.
Tines have changed considerably, and looking back to 2000, I'd have found it hard to believe that we are where we are now.

its always cool when you get little moments like that to reflect on
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #9817
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
its always cool when you get little moments like that to reflect on
Hopefully the next one won't be so long between drinks.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #9818
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
its always cool when you get little moments like that to reflect on
Yeah I know what you mean,

I had a quiet drink with Dad last weekend and we were talking about the last time the Mighty Eagles won the comp...











































Last Year Bitches
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #9819
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Yeah I know what you mean,

I had a quiet drink with Dad last weekend and we were talking about the last time the Mighty Eagles won the comp...











































Last Year Bitches
You'll never have any idea of what it's like as you spread out your dozen of eggs in a few different baskets.
We're talking all or nothing shit here.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #9820
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale UD Golovkin
Posts: 9,784
vCash: 0
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
You'll never have any idea of what it's like as you spread out your dozen of eggs in a few different baskets.
We're talking all or nothing shit here.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #9821
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Really starting to hate Sheens. We are the new eels. Get rid of the stalwarts in favour of old farts who are past it but get picked on past reputation not current form. Lote for Beau? Disgusting. Beau is so safe under the high ball, never gets injured and scores so many tries off kicks it isn't funny. Lote never does any of that and is so slow. Watch Farah leave soon and we will end up with a bunch of old guys and inexperienced young players with a smattering of never was or will bes like Moltzen. It's time they started listening to the fans.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #9822
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Really starting to hate Sheens. We are the new eels. Get rid of the stalwarts in favour of old farts who are past it but get picked on past reputation not current form. Lote for Beau? Disgusting. Beau is so safe under the high ball, never gets injured and scores so many tries off kicks it isn't funny. Lote never does any of that and is so slow. Watch Farah leave soon and we will end up with a bunch of old guys and inexperienced young players with a smattering of never was or will bes like Moltzen. It's time they started listening to the fans.

I wonder if it is actually Sheens making these decisions? Seems like a massively retarded thing for such a smart coach to do
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #9823
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
I wonder if it is actually Sheens making these decisions? Seems like a massively retarded thing for such a smart coach to do
he would have the final say, or at least a massive influence you would think....

the one thing that makes me feel better is the fact that our Toyota and NSW Cup teams are really strong... both are playing in grand final qualifiers so we must have some really good juniors coming through
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #9824
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
he would have the final say, or at least a massive influence you would think....

the one thing that makes me feel better is the fact that our Toyota and NSW Cup teams are really strong... both are playing in grand final qualifiers so we must have some really good juniors coming through
Hopefully we keep them, Andrew Everingham was a magpie for many years, Sheens never used him in first grade so he went elsewhere, he is a having a ripper year for the bunnies
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #9825
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Hopefully we keep them, Andrew Everingham was a magpie for many years, Sheens never used him in first grade so he went elsewhere, he is a having a ripper year for the bunnies
I think Reynolds, while not being a tiger junior, played at leichardt as a kid for one of the local teams around there.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013