Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #10231
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

This guy can't be for real. Seems to wanna lol@souffs more than celebrate his team winning. Teke doesn't even follow souths.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #10232
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
Sorry wasnt you. All you haters look the same after you have consumed 10 litres of haterade.

4th Premiership just as exciting as first. Trust me on that one.
Noone said that they played together. I said that Billy Slater and Cameron Smith played together as teenagers. At Norths Devils I believe?

The only reason I don't like the Storm is their oblivious attitude. Anyone with half a brain knew they were over the cap from 2006 onwards. 3/4 of the team were internationals. The **** they weren't over, but Storm were trying to tell everyone they didn't know.

Let's go through their team.

1. Billy Slater QLD/Aus Rep
2. Matt Geyer NSW Rep
3. Matt King NSW/Aus Rep
4. Greg Inglis QLD/Aus Rep
5. Steve Turner (future rep player)
6. Scott Hill NSW/Aus Rep
7. Cooper Cronk Aus Rep '07 onwards
8. Antonio Kaufusi Aus Rep
9. Cameron Smith QLD/Aus Rep
10. Brett White NSW/Aus Rep
11. David Kidwell NZ Rep
12. Ryan Hoffman NSW/Aus Rep
13. Dallas Johnson QLD/Aus Rep
14. Adam Blair NZ Rep
15. Jeremy Smith NZ Rep
16. Ben Cross NSW Rep
17. Nathan Friend.

That was the team they tried to bullshit to the NRL community was under the cap.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 AM   #10233
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Noone said that they played together. I said that Billy Slater and Cameron Smith played together as teenagers. At Norths Devils I believe?

The only reason I don't like the Storm is their oblivious attitude. Anyone with half a brain knew they were over the cap from 2006 onwards. 3/4 of the team were internationals. The **** they weren't over, but Storm were trying to tell everyone they didn't know.

Let's go through their team.

1. Billy Slater QLD/Aus Rep
2. Matt Geyer NSW Rep
3. Matt King NSW/Aus Rep
4. Greg Inglis QLD/Aus Rep
5. Steve Turner (future rep player)
6. Scott Hill NSW/Aus Rep
7. Cooper Cronk Aus Rep '07 onwards
8. Antonio Kaufusi Aus Rep
9. Cameron Smith QLD/Aus Rep
10. Brett White NSW/Aus Rep
11. David Kidwell NZ Rep
12. Ryan Hoffman NSW/Aus Rep
13. Dallas Johnson QLD/Aus Rep
14. Adam Blair NZ Rep
15. Jeremy Smith NZ Rep
16. Ben Cross NSW Rep
17. Nathan Friend.

That was the team they tried to bullshit to the NRL community was under the cap.
I watched that 06 grand final just a few days ago.
Very hard to believe that the Brisbane team they played were not over the cap as well.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #10234
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Holding the Dogs to 4 points in 80 minutes says it all , best shutdown job on Barba , Inu and Morris all year . Dogs forwards never came close to the relentless Storm pack , Smith out captains Ennis .
perko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #10235
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I watched that 06 grand final just a few days ago.
Very hard to believe that the Brisbane team they played were not over the cap as well.
Was to be my next comment.

But everyone knows, Broncos players get 3rd Party Payments so it doesn't count apparently.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #10236
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Noone said that they played together. I said that Billy Slater and Cameron Smith played together as teenagers. At Norths Devils I believe?

The only reason I don't like the Storm is their oblivious attitude. Anyone with half a brain knew they were over the cap from 2006 onwards. 3/4 of the team were internationals. The **** they weren't over, but Storm were trying to tell everyone they didn't know.

Let's go through their team.

1. Billy Slater QLD/Aus Rep
2. Matt Geyer NSW Rep
3. Matt King NSW/Aus Rep
4. Greg Inglis QLD/Aus Rep
5. Steve Turner (future rep player)
6. Scott Hill NSW/Aus Rep
7. Cooper Cronk Aus Rep '07 onwards
8. Antonio Kaufusi Aus Rep
9. Cameron Smith QLD/Aus Rep
10. Brett White NSW/Aus Rep
11. David Kidwell NZ Rep
12. Ryan Hoffman NSW/Aus Rep
13. Dallas Johnson QLD/Aus Rep
14. Adam Blair NZ Rep
15. Jeremy Smith NZ Rep
16. Ben Cross NSW Rep
17. Nathan Friend.

That was the team they tried to bullshit to the NRL community was under the cap.
but look at souths now. just their forward pack alone would be 2/3 of the cap then youve gotta throw in inglis, merritt, luke and king etc.. i mean ****ing come on.... you cant tell me that holmes a'court doesnt know how to hide a penny..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #10237
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Was to be my next comment.

But everyone knows, Broncos players get 3rd Party Payments so it doesn't count apparently.
Lockyer was supposed to only be on 200k cap money during the last few years of his career.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #10238
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Lockyer was supposed to only be on 200k cap money during the last few years of his career.
was heaps funny when paul kent brought that up on the footy show and poor webcke didnt know which way to look..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #10239
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

How long will Graham get if found guilty - 4 , 6, 8 , 10 or 12 weeks . **** in the era of 20 different channel 9 cameras zooming in close all over the ground working every angle of play and 80,000 phones held by fans recording the fight what would make you think even in the heat of the moment that you could get away with having a feed on billys ear . Even Bullfrog Moore would have his hands full getting Graham off this one
perko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #10240
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
but look at souths now. just their forward pack alone would be 2/3 of the cap then youve gotta throw in inglis, merritt, luke and king etc.. i mean ****ing come on.... you cant tell me that holmes a'court doesnt know how to hide a penny..
No chance man.
Merritt is a winger and wingers don't get much, plus, he falls under the 8 year club loyalty rule so souths get 100k of his contract exempt from the cap, same with sutton.
Burgess has beep labelled "rusty's 500k man" a few times but that's because Crowe paid a transfer fee to get him, and transfer fees aren't included in the cap. Burgess is still on his original contract when he first came over, and I doubt would be over 250k. His next one which starts in 2014 will be worth more.

You're also probably forgetting that our halves combination is probably the cheapest in the comp. Reynolds was on something like 60k while sutton around 200 but 100 of that's exempt from the cap.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #10241
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by perko View Post
How long will Graham get if found guilty - 4 , 6, 8 , 10 or 12 weeks . **** in the era of 20 different channel 9 cameras zooming in close all over the ground working every angle of play and 80,000 phones held by fans recording the fight what would make you think even in the heat of the moment that you could get away with having a feed on billys ear . Even Bullfrog Moore would have his hands full getting Graham off this one
I reckon he should be smashed with the biggest suspension there can be but hopefully he gets off cause it was only slater.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #10242
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyking View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What do you think of this avatar Teke? Are there any other teams you support?
Only Titans and Manly mate.

Enjoy your 2 nd premiership cause it will probably be the last one you guys ever win.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #10243
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Lockyer was supposed to only be on 200k cap money during the last few years of his career.
Oh yeah was that the same few years where he was put on a 4 year contract at 550K per season?
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #10244
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Oh yeah was that the same few years where he was put on a 4 year contract at 550K per season?
The whole thing stinks bigtime. The thing with TPA (third party agreements) is that theyre supposed to be organized by the players manager and not the club. Theyre also supposingly not meant to be of any conflict of interest if a player goes to another club, nor should it stop him from signing elsewhere. Thats one of the reasons why the NRL originally didnt approve of Inglis' contract when he first signed with Souths, because some miner in WA who was a Souths fan wanted to offer him a big TPA if he went to Souths. Fair enough, but I refuse to believe that Brisbane players dont get special Queensland TPA's. Hard to imagine Tinkler not doing the same with the Knights too.

The whole thing is open to rortation in a big way.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #10245
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
The whole thing stinks bigtime. The thing with TPA (third party agreements) is that theyre supposed to be organized by the players manager and not the club. Theyre also supposingly not meant to be of any conflict of interest if a player goes to another club, nor should it stop him from signing elsewhere. Thats one of the reasons why the NRL originally didnt approve of Inglis' contract when he first signed with Souths, because some miner in WA who was a Souths fan wanted to offer him a big TPA if he went to Souths. Fair enough, but I refuse to believe that Brisbane players dont get special Queensland TPA's. Hard to imagine Tinkler not doing the same with the Knights too.

The whole thing is open to rortation in a big way.
Exactly.

I can't remember who, but it had that with Salary Cap expenditure, Lockyer was on 600K per season, but the third party payments brought him in at over a Mill per season.

****ing rediculous.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013