Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 AM   #10831
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
How about Scott Gale then ?
Good player. I'd have him slightly ahead of Mundine in the all time list.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #10832
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Articles are a bit misleading. From what I see, he just wants to play union in the league off season, like he did a few seasons ago.




I think his manager is just trying to stir things up, if itr wasnt him it would be another manager, they all just want to know what the deal is with SBW being able to come & go & do what he wants & their clients cant, its more about getting some idea of what players can & cant do & i reckon managers would be after some of the "big money" for certain players, like Benji, to stay away from Japan, Rugby, & anything else that is in competition with the NRL

So i can see the commision having to contract all the big name players & give them a big quid to stay loyal to the NRL etc
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 AM   #10833
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Good player. I'd have him slightly ahead of Mundine in the all time list.
Yes he was a very good first grade player. He died very young also didn't he ? From memory he also had a brother that played some first grade around the same time but obviously wasn't as good as Scott. Balmain had some good teams/players around that era.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #10834
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 353
vCash: 415
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post

So i can see the commision having to contract all the big name players & give them a big quid to stay loyal to the NRL etc
A bit like rugby were they have their team contract then a top up from the a.r.u?
abe01 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #10835
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Yes he was a very good first grade player. He died very young also didn't he ? From memory he also had a brother that played some first grade around the same time but obviously wasn't as good as Scott. Balmain had some good teams/players around that era.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8TYReEKPZ0[/ame]

It was motor neurone disease that got him. His brother was Brett
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #10836
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,240
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

I played futsal against Gene Ngamu last night.

He's fast and agile but he can't kick a round ball for shit
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #10837
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I think his manager is just trying to stir things up, if itr wasnt him it would be another manager, they all just want to know what the deal is with SBW being able to come & go & do what he wants & their clients cant, its more about getting some idea of what players can & cant do & i reckon managers would be after some of the "big money" for certain players, like Benji, to stay away from Japan, Rugby, & anything else that is in competition with the NRL

So i can see the commision having to contract all the big name players & give them a big quid to stay loyal to the NRL etc


... Brad Watts
Fixed.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #10838
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Lee Jackson.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #10839
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Gary Schofield.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 AM   #10840
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Shane Millard.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #10841
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Chris Close.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #10842
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Get with the program Francis, this is random players! If you're going to pick former Origin and Australian reps, make em random!

Keith Gee
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #10843
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Get with the program Francis, this is random players! If you're going to pick former Origin and Australian reps, make em random!

Keith Gee
Gary Bridge. How's that.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #10844
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Good player. I'd have him slightly ahead of Mundine in the all time list.
Being a big Gale fan at the time I say nope
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #10845
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

John Dorahy
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013