Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #11296
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Do you really think they are talking about rugby league anywhere but NSW & QLD?
wouldnt suprise me if they talking bout us in Melbourne too, to cover there precious "game", and that doesnt explain why soccer isnt being mentioned "the world game" and Union.

the media covered all codes at the start, now only league.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #11297
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
wouldnt suprise me if they talking bout us in Melbourne too, to cover there precious "game", and that doesnt explain why soccer isnt being mentioned "the world game" and Union.

theres a far bigger story brewing Australia wide with AFL, don't be silly
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #11298
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:

Soccer would be the cleanest of the lot as the games not about being bigger stronger, etc.
you may find people testing positive to overcome injuries quicker but that's about it.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #11299
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Soccer would be the cleanest of the lot as the games not about being bigger stronger, etc.
you may find people testing positive to overcome injuries quicker but that's about it.

It's a complete ACC inquiry so it won't surprise me if it eventually gets around to football & they highlight the match fixing aspect, especially now that we're in Asia

I'm sure I read that more money was bet on one A-League game in Asia than any other game in the world that week etc
Old 02-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #11300
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's a complete ACC inquiry so it won't surprise me if it eventually gets around to football & they highlight the match fixing aspect, especially now that we're in Asia

I'm sure I read that more money was bet on one A-League game in Asia than any other game in the world that week etc
oh, when it comes to match fixing I'm sure soccer isn't squeaky clean. I was just talking about performance enhancing drugs.
Wouldn't be surprised at all if there was match fixing in the A-league.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #11301
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
i really hope for nsw sake tamou isnt cheating..

Why?? He doesn't give a shit about NSw anyway, he speaks like a kiwi, Doesn't sing our national anthem when he plays for our country, **** him off I say.
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #11302
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
And to increase testosterone to make them Men.... Probably the case in AFL as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #11303
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownbomber1 View Post
Why?? He doesn't give a shit about NSw anyway, he speaks like a kiwi, Doesn't sing our national anthem when he plays for our country, **** him off I say.
are you kidding? he was one of our best players last series
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #11304
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
are you kidding? he was one of our best players last series

He is a Kiwi, He shouldnt be there.. Plain and simple.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #11305
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownbomber1 View Post
He is a Kiwi, He shouldnt be there.. Plain and simple.
I agree. Rather have a guy who's passionate about playing for our state representing us.
A shit load of potential in him though.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #11306
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I agree. Rather have a guy who's passionate about playing for our state representing us.
A shit load of potential in him though.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #11307
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

On the chookpen

A Family of Rabbitoh's supporters head out one Saturday morning to do their Christmas shoplifting. While in Rebel Sports the son picks up a Roosters footy jumper and says to his 10 year old sister, "I've decided to become a Roosters supporter and I would like this for Christmas". His sister, outraged by this, promptly whacks him round the head with her carton of Winfield's and says, "Go talk to Mum.

Off goes the little lad with the Roosters footy jumper in hand and finds his mother. "Mum?" "Yes son?" "I've decided I'm going to be a Roosters supporter and I would like this jumper for Christmas". The mother is outraged at this and throws her moccasins and a full stubbie of VB at him, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "lets go talk to your father".

Off they go to Long Bay during visiting hours with footy jumper in hand and find bubba, his father. "Dad?" "Yes son?" "I've decided I'm going to be a Roosters supporter and I would like this jumper for Christmas". The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son around the head with his fists and says, "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT", and then kicks him from one end of the rec. room to the other for further good measure.

About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home (Redfern). The mother turns to her son and says "Son, I hope you've learned something today?" The son says, "Yes knackers I have." "Good son, what is it?"

The son replies, "I've only been a Roosters supporter for an hour and already I hate you Souths bastards."
Old 02-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #11308
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
On the chookpen

A Family of Rabbitoh's supporters head out one Saturday morning to do their Christmas shoplifting. While in Rebel Sports the son picks up a Roosters footy jumper and says to his 10 year old sister, "I've decided to become a Roosters supporter and I would like this for Christmas". His sister, outraged by this, promptly whacks him round the head with her carton of Winfield's and says, "Go talk to Mum.

Off goes the little lad with the Roosters footy jumper in hand and finds his mother. "Mum?" "Yes son?" "I've decided I'm going to be a Roosters supporter and I would like this jumper for Christmas". The mother is outraged at this and throws her moccasins and a full stubbie of VB at him, promptly whacks him around the head and says, "lets go talk to your father".

Off they go to Long Bay during visiting hours with footy jumper in hand and find bubba, his father. "Dad?" "Yes son?" "I've decided I'm going to be a Roosters supporter and I would like this jumper for Christmas". The father is outraged and promptly whacks his son around the head with his fists and says, "No son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT", and then kicks him from one end of the rec. room to the other for further good measure.

About half an hour later they're all back in the car and heading towards home (Redfern). The mother turns to her son and says "Son, I hope you've learned something today?" The son says, "Yes knackers I have." "Good son, what is it?"

The son replies, "I've only been a Roosters supporter for an hour and already I hate you Souths bastards."

I heard you had a similar problem Luigi, when your dad Mario heard that you wouldnt be going for Juventus anymore & you were going to follow the fowls in the egg ball, your mum Maria refused to shave for a week, you broke your parents heart
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #11309
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I heard you had a similar problem Luigi, when your dad Mario heard that you wouldnt be going for Juventus anymore & you were going to follow the fowls in the egg ball, your mum Maria refused to shave for a week, you broke your parents heart

riiiiiiiiiight
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #11310
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Juventus are the greatest football team on the planet and I wear my Buffon jersey with pride
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum