Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 AM   #11431
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
That is what happens when cunt are paid hundreds of thousands a year. They get a self inflated worth. IMO no sportsman is worth that.

well the money that the game generates, who should earn it???
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 04:53 AM   #11432
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
well the money that the game generates, who should earn it???
Noone should earn it. Put it into the Community. Surely you wouldn't be against that.

I'm not blind to the fact that these guys need to earn a living, the average earnings for an Australian over their life is 2.5 mill approx, and they actually have to work for 35-40 years.

These athletes have the world and all the benefits and still **** it up, just my opinion.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #11433
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Noone should earn it. Put it into the Community. Surely you wouldn't be against that.

I'm not blind to the fact that these guys need to earn a living, the average earnings for an Australian over their life is 2.5 mill approx, and they actually have to work for 35-40 years.

These athletes have the world and all the benefits and still **** it up, just my opinion.

These blokes on average play a season or two, I think it's actually less, a small percentage play 10 years or so

The sport generates a lot of money, if the players don't, through negotiation, claim an equitable share, then blokes who sit behind desks & don't risk injury will claim it, it's naive to suggest that all that "excess" revenue goes to "the community" I assume you mean charities etc? Well plenty already goes to worthy causes, most is raised outside what the game generates through it's football operations

No, the players deserve everything they get & should & would take industrial action if what they earn is threatened & is not increased on a regular basis etc
Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #11434
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
These blokes on average play a season or two, I think it's actually less, a small percentage play 10 years or so

The sport generates a lot of money, if the players don't, through negotiation, claim an equitable share, then blokes who sit behind desks & don't risk injury will claim it, it's naive to suggest that all that "excess" revenue goes to "the community" I assume you mean charities etc? Well plenty already goes to worthy causes, most is raised outside what the game generates through it's football operations

No, the players deserve everything they get & should & would take industrial action if what they earn is threatened & is not increased on a regular basis etc
I disagree.

I'd say 75% of players would play 4 seasons minimum. And lets be bloody honest if they only play one season, then they are young enough to start a different career path.

I'm not saying we should strip them of their money, I just don't agree that a star "deserves" 500K +.

Wages should go up due to inflation etc, but the wages seem to be jump a minimum of 10%, I'd love that pay rise.

I'm not trying to instigate a Work Choices debate, I just don't believe any sportsman, or actors for that matter deserves massive money for entertainment etc.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #11435
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I disagree.

I'd say 75% of players would play 4 seasons minimum. And lets be bloody honest if they only play one season, then they are young enough to start a different career path.

I'm not saying we should strip them of their money, I just don't agree that a star "deserves" 500K +.

Wages should go up due to inflation etc, but the wages seem to be jump a minimum of 10%, I'd love that pay rise.

I'm not trying to instigate a Work Choices debate, I just don't believe any sportsman, or actors for that matter deserves massive money for entertainment etc.

The average NRL career is 43 games

They deserve whatever they can get, they deserve an equitable share of revenue

If you want to earn more, negotiate with your boss, if you don't get a result join a union, convince your comrades that you deserve more & seek a collective agreement
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #11436
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

The money is good considering. A lot of us don't seem to take into account the wear and tear these guys have to endure throughout the rest of their lives. I think it was Turvey who said that he still often wakes up at night with severe pain due to his league days.

If league were to strip players' wages considerably, the sport would go down and be swallowed up by union. All sport would have to take the same stance, and that'd never happen.

I reckon they should be earning more, and as Gonzo said, they should be able to let their hair down more too.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #11437
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

In any industry/way of life you are worth what someone is willing to pay you for your job/craft, no more/no less.
Francis75 is online now  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #11438
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Exactly, I don't begrudge people/ mates who earn more than me, in some cases I might think I work harder etc but good luck to them

And it's only a very small minority of players that **** up, the majority these days invest well due to savvy managers etc, only a small minority **** up in the piss too
Old 02-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #11439
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
im assuming you meant "wog" ..... your a class act, I find it offensive and over the line, Might mean shit to you but that word cause alot of trouble for myself and my family, most of all my Grandfather. Calling names and shit is all fun and games when we talking about NRL, but you insist on bringing race into it "Wog" "luigi" etc, I will not entertain you anymore with any replys from now on, you spineless ****.
if I refer to you as being greasy its because I think you're fat and bath in KFC cooking oil and sweat
Gravy, and not because of your Italian roots.
I actually like Italians.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #11440
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

Quote:
I disagree.

They have a talent that few others have. Sport,movies generate huge money. You're worth as much as what someone is willing to pay you.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #11441
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
if I refer to you as being greasy its because I think you're fat and bath in KFC cooking oil and sweat
Gravy, and not because of your Italian roots.
I actually like Italians.
He's referring to WOR's post on the previous page not you.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

About Politis/wogs which is fair enough. The cunt constantly cries racism when oztriker goes on anti-abo rants yet says stuff like that. He should stick to getting owned in the lounge.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #11442
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
He's referring to WOR's post on the previous page not you.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

About Politis/wogs which is fair enough. The cunt constantly cries racism when oztriker goes on anti-abo rants yet says stuff like that. He should stick to getting owned in the lounge.
I know that you silly tit. I just saw a window for me to call him fat.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #11443
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I know that you silly tit. I just saw a window for me to call him fat.
Oh OK.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #11444
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anyone see Ruben Wiki tackle that streaker last week in Dunedin?

The streaker posted on Ruben Wiki's wall (on Facebook) and said, "How much do I owe you for that rimming on the weekend?"
Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #11445
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Anyone see Ruben Wiki tackle that streaker last week in Dunedin?

The streaker posted on Ruben Wiki's wall (on Facebook) and said, "How much do I owe you for that rimming on the weekend?"
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum