Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #11491
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
So you believe they were only 60k over the Cap.

Well tell me this the Cap last year was 4.6 million and this year the Cap went to 5.6 million yet they found they wouldnt be able to keep Stewart well tell me what real signings changed from this year to last year except Stewart.
Yeah, I believe it was only $60k they were over, and you have to remember that figure is based on an assessment today of what Tony Williams was worth as a player last year - remember he was out for the first 9 or 10 rounds due to injury, but played SOO, so that bumped his worth up a bit.

Retrospectively estimating a player's value after a season in which he played little club footy but repped for NSW and Australia isn't exactly fair, and the fact that Manly have only been fined $60k indicates the severity of their "cap cheat" isn't that high, hence the small punishment by the NRL.

As for last year's cap vs this year's? You just have to look at who Manly have lost and who they've bought over the past few years to see they haven't spent up big. Also bear in mind they probably have several of their higher paid players on backended contracts that were sweating on the salary cap increase this year.

They've lost Will Hopoate (2011), Tony Williams (2012), Dean Whare (2012), Michael Oldfield (2012), Darcy Lussick (2012), Michael Robertson (2011), Shane Rodney (2011)

They've had no major signings for 2011-2013.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #11492
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
have you seen the size of him in the souths team photo this year?
hes built like an off season ronnie coleman and im not joking.
its sitting here on my office wall, i wish i could show you blokes. he makes roy asotasi look aneorexic
BEFORE

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NOW

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #11493
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
RIP Norths.
You still see 3 or 4 junkie lookin bear die hards during games. They come dressed in their bears gear carrying around a " save the bears bucket" hoping people like me will throw change into it.
Its nice that Souths reinstatement has given them strength and a will to fight. Just a shame they have **** all fans to soldier on. Sad story.

Meanwhile when Souths were booted from the comp every tinpot celebrity crawled out of the woodwork and claimed they grew up watching the Rabbitohs play at Redfern LOL!!!

How was there any room at Redfern for the plebs when you had Mikey "Skinny Fat ****" Robbins, Andrew "Nerd Boy" Denton and his **** missus, Ray "Shell Top" Martin all there apparently cheering the myrtle and whatever the word is they've used in their pathetic attempt at making "red" sound sophisticated, on - flavour of the month, bandwagon, whatever ****ogy you wish to use it all means the same thing - these ****s were looking for a cause that week and vegetarianism was soooooo 90s by that point so they opted for the "working class footy club supporter" role instead

The NRL buckled and let them back into the comp but only if they agreed to change their name to LOL@Souff$ and they did. Then good old Rusty decied to jump on the bandwagon and tried to be Australia's Elton John, buying his own footy club - LOL@Souff$ was going cheap so he snapped it up, thinking "All these b-grade celebs think they're the ****, getting publicity for pretending to feel sorry for a footy club based in scummy Redfern, I'll show them how hardcore I am, I'll BUY the ****en club!!!"

And so he did, and now he's selling it because Danielle's making him as part of their divorce - the once-proud team of rabbit-skinners has become a bargaining chip in a divorce settlement
Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #11494
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
BEFORE

NOW

The same could be said for any player that has been in the comp from 17 onwards. Does everyone not remember Luke Lewis?

I'm not a naysayer at all, it is quite possible and wouldn't surprise me in the slightest though.

I still think he should lose 5-10 kg.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #11495
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Meanwhile when Souths were booted from the comp every tinpot celebrity crawled out of the woodwork and claimed they grew up watching the Rabbitohs play at Redfern LOL!!!

How was there any room at Redfern for the plebs when you had Mikey "Skinny Fat ****" Robbins, Andrew "Nerd Boy" Denton and his **** missus, Ray "Shell Top" Martin all there apparently cheering the myrtle and whatever the word is they've used in their pathetic attempt at making "red" sound sophisticated, on - flavour of the month, bandwagon, whatever ****ogy you wish to use it all means the same thing - these ****s were looking for a cause that week and vegetarianism was soooooo 90s by that point so they opted for the "working class footy club supporter" role instead

The NRL buckled and let them back into the comp but only if they agreed to change their name to LOL@Souff$ and they did. Then good old Rusty decied to jump on the bandwagon and tried to be Australia's Elton John, buying his own footy club - LOL@Souff$ was going cheap so he snapped it up, thinking "All these b-grade celebs think they're the ****, getting publicity for pretending to feel sorry for a footy club based in scummy Redfern, I'll show them how hardcore I am, I'll BUY the ****en club!!!"

And so he did, and now he's selling it because Danielle's making him as part of their divorce - the once-proud team of rabbit-skinners has become a bargaining chip in a divorce settlement

You're a persistent but funny **** when you want to be.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #11496
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
BEFORE

NOW

One photo where hes standing still untensed the other when hes sprinting isn't a fair comparison. Not that hes not on something I accept that many sportsmen are.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 AM   #11497
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Can someone explain why each team doesn't play every other team in the league twice during a season?
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #11498
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post

You're a persistent but funny **** when you want to be.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #11499
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ldn View Post
Can someone explain why each team doesn't play every other team in the league twice during a season?
Politics and money.

That is all.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #11500
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Politics and money.

That is all.
That can't be all. Whose money? IT just doesn't make sense having a league that is inherently unfair. Although I do like having the grand final.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #11501
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
That can't be all. Whose money? IT just doesn't make sense having a league that is inherently unfair. Although I do like having the grand final.
Well for interests sake, I'd be surprised if this year Melbourne doesn't play Bulldogs 3 times. Broncos will play the Titans and the Cowboys twice each, in Brisbane for at least one of each.

Broncos play 18/26 of their games on a Friday night.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Souths will play Roosters twice this year, always playing them in the 1st round.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #11502
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

It's fixed scheduling to a large extent.
Overall, the season would be too hard if every team played each other twice.
Souths have played the scum first round every season bar one since reinstatement (2002).
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #11503
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Well for interests sake, I'd be surprised if this year Melbourne doesn't play Bulldogs 3 times. Broncos will play the Titans and the Cowboys twice each, in Brisbane for at least one of each.

Broncos play 18/26 of their games on a Friday night.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Souths will play Roosters twice this year, always playing them in the 1st round.
Interesting, its strange that in a competitive sport such obvious advantages are allowed. ITs weird to have a league which is inherently unfair.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #11504
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Jealousy is a curse, you skirt wearing jock ****, go support Celtic or some other **** soccer club
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #11505
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:

There's a Canadian company that does all the draws for all the major sporting competitions worldwide, the NRL give them all the info regarding things like "rivalry round" & who's got to play who when etc, they feed all the info into their computer program & come up with the best result, it's then adjusted $ adjusted again & they somehow come up with the best result possible
wide_open_road is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum