Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #11506
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Meanwhile when Souths were booted from the comp every tinpot celebrity crawled out of the woodwork and claimed they grew up watching the Rabbitohs play at Redfern LOL!!!

How was there any room at Redfern for the plebs when you had Mikey "Skinny Fat Cunt" Robbins, Andrew "Nerd Boy" Denton and his dyke missus, Ray "Shell Top" Martin all there apparently cheering the myrtle and whatever the word is they've used in their pathetic attempt at making "red" sound sophisticated, on - flavour of the month, bandwagon, whatever analogy you wish to use it all means the same thing - these cunts were looking for a cause that week and vegetarianism was soooooo 90s by that point so they opted for the "working class footy club supporter" role instead

The NRL buckled and let them back into the comp but only if they agreed to change their name to LOL@Souff$ and they did. Then good old Rusty decied to jump on the bandwagon and tried to be Australia's Elton John, buying his own footy club - LOL@Souff$ was going cheap so he snapped it up, thinking "All these b-grade celebs think they're the shit, getting publicity for pretending to feel sorry for a footy club based in scummy Redfern, I'll show them how hardcore I am, I'll BUY the ****en club!!!"

And so he did, and now he's selling it because Danielle's making him as part of their divorce - the once-proud team of rabbit-skinners has become a bargaining chip in a divorce settlement
the funny thing is i used to like souths before i came across snide_bloated_choad.. i still want to see them do well i guess but jeez he makes it hard
rusty nails is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #11507
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
the funny thing is i used to like souths before i came across snide_bloated_choad.. i still want to see them do well i guess but jeez he makes it hard
Had to google choad.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Souths are my 2nd fave team too but have to admit anything bad about them that gets the steak fraud in a tizzy posting irrelevant nonsense about the past and shit that nobody but Souths supporters care about makes me laugh.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #11508
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah, I believe it was only $60k they were over, and you have to remember that figure is based on an assessment today of what Tony Williams was worth as a player last year - remember he was out for the first 9 or 10 rounds due to injury, but played SOO, so that bumped his worth up a bit.

Retrospectively estimating a player's value after a season in which he played little club footy but repped for NSW and Australia isn't exactly fair, and the fact that Manly have only been fined $60k indicates the severity of their "cap cheat" isn't that high, hence the small punishment by the NRL.

As for last year's cap vs this year's? You just have to look at who Manly have lost and who they've bought over the past few years to see they haven't spent up big. Also bear in mind they probably have several of their higher paid players on backended contracts that were sweating on the salary cap increase this year.

They've lost Will Hopoate (2011), Tony Williams (2012), Dean Whare (2012), Michael Oldfield (2012), Darcy Lussick (2012), Michael Robertson (2011), Shane Rodney (2011)

They've had no major signings for 2011-2013.
OK losing Williams would have freed up some cap space. But if all them players are leaving I cant work out why they couldnt get under the new bigger Salary Cap.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #11509
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

How? How can roosters and souths fit these cunts under the cap and Parra can't even pay Folau 400k. Breaks my head and heart
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #11510
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post

How? How can roosters and souths fit these cunts under the cap and Parra can't even pay Folau 400k. Breaks my head and heart
The players are on a contract that puts them under the salary cap but Crowe gets the players wives/girlfriends/kids whatever jobs as extras on movies getting paid 6 figure sums. Easts salary cap auditor Ian Schubert enough said.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #11511
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
The players are on a contract that puts them under the salary cap but Crowe gets the players wives/girlfriends/kids whatever jobs as extras on movies getting paid 6 figure sums. Easts salary cap auditor Ian Schubert enough said.

wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #11512
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Breaking news from Souths AGM....

Rusty not selling....
Old 03-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #11513
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 415

No interested buyers?
abe01 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #11514
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe01 View Post
No interested buyers?

Well he was always going to retain ownership for this year, i suspect he made comments about simplifying his life etc when he was disconnected from family & everything was falling apart, now he's back in Sydney & in control, i imagine he is less emotional & compulsive

But realistically, i doubt there would be anyone all that keen in buying into a footy club right now, they are a drain & dont make money but if someone was going to buy one, Souths would be no doubt first cab off the rank, at least they are starting to show a profit, sure it gets put back into the club for the most part but at least its not so much of a drain, its self sufficient
Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #11515
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 415

Good on rusty, we can still look forward to every celebrity who visits Sydney getting given a hat and jumper
abe01 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #11516
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Had to google choad.

Souths are my 2nd fave team too but have to admit anything bad about them that gets the steak fraud in a tizzy posting irrelevant nonsense about the past and shit that nobody but Souths supporters care about makes me laugh.
The Steak Fraud.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #11517
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The Steak Fraud.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #11518
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Im sure there was plenty of interested parties until they realised that you lose money when you buy a football club and they arent money making machines like in the EPL and NFL. I cannot fathom anybody wanting to buy a rugby league club for anything more than being charitable and helping them out because you are a big fan.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #11519
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Silly stat.
Benji Marshall ran 10,000km's with the ball last season, only 300 of those meters was forward.
I gather you and your fellow wall posters are having a Mini sick-a-thon. Lets just see how good they go next Thursday.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #11520
Brownbomber1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Just bring the ****ing footy on already.... Tigers to give the comp a shake up....
Brownbomber1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum