Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #12181
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
GI got spear tackled twice by that ****ing moron Richard Fa'aso. Didn't he play with you guys and snot Braith Anasta?

**** Matai is such a grub.

I tipped Manly but am glad Souths won. They are a real good team this year. Still don't see them winning unless they cna get better attacking plays.
Yep and people go on and on about the Storm but Manly spear tackled Greg Inglis 3 times on the weekend and Not one player went to the Bin.

Spear Tackle the shittest act in Rugby and the most concerning.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #12182
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlie Zelenoffs Xmas card list
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 700
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
Yep and people go on and on about the Storm but Manly spear tackled Greg Inglis 3 times on the weekend and Not one player went to the Bin.

Spear Tackle the shittest act in Rugby and the most concerning.
Come one now, the Storm are the biggest cunts in the game for trying to hurt people. Brain snaps and calculated manouvres are a tad different, albeit the same outcome.

I think they need to come down hard on cunts doing shit liek that.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #12183
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 1132
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Come one now, the Storm are the biggest cunts in the game for trying to hurt people. Brain snaps and calculated manouvres are a tad different, albeit the same outcome.

I think they need to come down hard on cunts doing shit liek that.
Thats only what NSW Rugby wants you too see. CONSPIRACY.

Slater's fair catch had more people crying foul than what Faásoo and his two spear tackles has had.

BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #12184
boxing4ever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Sam Tomkins demanding $1m a season?

His dreaming
Source and whats that in pounds? He earns £300k basic a year @ Wigan. I think he would be probably be looking to earn £500k a year in the NRL.
boxing4ever is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #12185
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing4ever View Post
Source and whats that in pounds? He earns £300k basic a year @ Wigan. I think he would be probably be looking to earn £500k a year in the NRL.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #12186
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Well done Souths, won a good hard battle.

Richie Fa'aoso is a liability - I hope he gets 10 weeks, Manly don't need that sort of player in their ranks. Ex-Storm player, 'nuff said.

Matai's hit on Fat Georgie Burgess was legit - his arm hit FGB on the upper chest area and dislodged the ball, unfortunately his arm them bounced up into FGB's jaw - no intent but fair enough penalty.

Sam Burgess is a tool - throwing punches at Foran instead of going for Matai - Matai went straight to check FGB on the ground then changed directions when he realised Sam was throwing punches at his Kiwi teammate. Matai got Sam good 3rd man in 2 tackles later - the pommy git was all over the place in his efforts to let Matai know it hadn't hurt him

Symonds scored a try - that decision was shocking - he went to the video for Souths previous try but ruled it a try before referring it and it was more damning than the obstruction he referred to the video in Symonds' try - only difference was he ruled Symonds' a no try before referring it - 12 point turnaround...stupid system.

Anyhoo, good to see Gifted Stewart back on board, just needs a bit of match fitness.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #12187
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Well done Souths, won a good hard battle.

Richie Fa'aoso is a liability - I hope he gets 10 weeks, Manly don't need that sort of player in their ranks. Ex-Storm player, 'nuff said.

Matai's hit on Fat Georgie Burgess was legit - his arm hit FGB on the upper chest area and dislodged the ball, unfortunately his arm them bounced up into FGB's jaw - no intent but fair enough penalty.

Sam Burgess is a tool - throwing punches at Foran instead of going for Matai - Matai went straight to check FGB on the ground then changed directions when he realised Sam was throwing punches at his Kiwi teammate. Matai got Sam good 3rd man in 2 tackles later - the pommy git was all over the place in his efforts to let Matai know it hadn't hurt him

Symonds scored a try - that decision was shocking - he went to the video for Souths previous try but ruled it a try before referring it and it was more damning than the obstruction he referred to the video in Symonds' try - only difference was he ruled Symonds' a no try before referring it - 12 point turnaround...stupid system.

Anyhoo, good to see Gifted Stewart back on board, just needs a bit of match fitness.

I don't think either faaoso tackle was that bad. not good of course but always on the cards when you get a tall, top heavy, lanky guy running at a short stocky bulldozer type.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #12188
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Inglis has perfected a way to be tilted in a dangerous position , been watching the tackles in slow mo and he bends down into the tackle and when his leg is picked up he hops with his other leg which causes his body to fall head first, not a bad strategy to get his team penaltys but I feel slightly for the tackler as yes they contribute to it but Greg helps it along, I'm sure it will happen to Greg alot in the season.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #12189
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #12190
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
you cant talk, your a westie like me
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #12191
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Campbelltown, Aus
Posts: 2,626
vCash: 500
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
you cant talk, your a westie like me
And at least they are winning games I guess, unlike us
whipsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #12192
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
I don't think either faaoso tackle was that bad. not good of course but always on the cards when you get a tall, top heavy, lanky guy running at a short stocky bulldozer type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Inglis has perfected a way to be tilted in a dangerous position , been watching the tackles in slow mo and he bends down into the tackle and when his leg is picked up he hops with his other leg which causes his body to fall head first, not a bad strategy to get his team penaltys but I feel slightly for the tackler as yes they contribute to it but Greg helps it along, I'm sure it will happen to Greg alot in the season.
Yeah but the rule of not being allowed to put your hands between a players legs and lifting in a tackle is there for this very reason - top heavy players tend to cartwheel once they're up in the air and are in motion, as Inlgis did on Friday night.

I think its fair enough, we don't want anyone ending up in a wheelchair for life, so I think duty of care is on the tackler to keep it as safe as possible.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #12193
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah but the rule of not being allowed to put your hands between a players legs and lifting in a tackle is there for this very reason - top heavy players tend to cartwheel once they're up in the air and are in motion, as Inlgis did on Friday night.

I think its fair enough, we don't want anyone ending up in a wheelchair for life, so I think duty of care is on the tackler to keep it as safe as possible.
yeah im not arguing with him being penalised. whether its deliberate or not he technically did the wrong thing. but these calls for 10 weeks etc are ridiculous. 2 would suffice, 3 at a stretch
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #12194
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah but the rule of not being allowed to put your hands between a players legs and lifting in a tackle is there for this very reason - top heavy players tend to cartwheel once they're up in the air and are in motion, as Inlgis did on Friday night.

I think its fair enough, we don't want anyone ending up in a wheelchair for life, so I think duty of care is on the tackler to keep it as safe as possible.
totally agree but Inglis still shouldnt be jumping off the ground to help it happen. regardless of how it helps his team its dangerous.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

0:44
Watch Gregs right leg, he clearly leaps up, watch gregs right leg in slow mo as he jumps up to help himself get into a dangerous angle. you can even see him lift his left leg up for inu to grab lol.

not saying inu is innocent cos his not, but Greg is assisting it and he did it against manly multiple times. 4-5 spear tackles in 1 game against the same guy? something is fishy
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #12195
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
yeah im not arguing with him being penalised. whether its deliberate or not he technically did the wrong thing. but these calls for 10 weeks etc are ridiculous. 2 would suffice, 3 at a stretch
I dunno, twice in one match - he should have been sent off IMO, and I'm a Manly fan. I won't be unhappy if he gets 10 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
totally agree but Inglis still shouldnt be jumping off the ground to help it happen. regardless of how it helps his team its dangerous.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

0:44
Watch Gregs right leg, he clearly leaps up, watch gregs right leg in slow mo as he jumps up to help himself get into a dangerous angle. you can even see him lift his left leg up for inu to grab lol.

not saying inu is innocent cos his not, but Greg is assisting it and he did it against manly multiple times.
Yeah, but you don't think Inglis is actually doing it on purpose in the hopes he gets spear-tackled to get a penalty for his team do you? I mean, I don't like lol@Souffs or Inglis but no one deserves to be put in a position where they could be paralysed for life because a bloke can't adjust his tackling style to fit in with the rules of the game.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013