Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 AM   #12196
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
I dunno, twice in one match - he should have been sent off IMO, and I'm a Manly fan. I won't be unhappy if he gets 10 weeks.

Yeah, but you don't think Inglis is actually doing it on purpose in the hopes he gets spear-tackled to get a penalty for his team do you? I mean, I don't like lol@Souffs or Inglis but no one deserves to be put in a position where they could be paralysed for life because a bloke can't adjust his tackling style to fit in with the rules of the game.
i think when he thinks he can get a penalty for his team his willing to do it yes. That inu tackle was bad, but he CLEARLY jumps, why would he jump??
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #12197
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
totally agree but Inglis still shouldnt be jumping off the ground to help it happen. regardless of how it helps his team its dangerous.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

0:44
Watch Gregs right leg, he clearly leaps up, watch gregs right leg in slow mo as he jumps up to help himself get into a dangerous angle. you can even see him lift his left leg up for inu to grab lol.

not saying inu is innocent cos his not, but Greg is assisting it and he did it against manly multiple times. 4-5 spear tackles in 1 game against the same guy? something is fishy

So thats the latest conspiracy you spazz's over at league unlimited or the wall have been cluckering on about.

Yeah, I can imagine McGuire using his sports science knowledge going over the plan to orchestrate such a move that'll earn the team a penalty with the risk of losing the teams star player to injury. Would rather they try this tactic with someone shit like Ben Lowe, and not our best player, but hey...

Nah, I'm not buying any of these silly "It was Manly's game plan to heavily target GI" theories. GI orchestrated it all, and should get 6 weeks.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 AM   #12198
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
Thats only what NSW Rugby wants you too see. CONSPIRACY.

Slater's fair catch had more people crying foul than what Faásoo and his two spear tackles has had.

Slater had no right to thrust his leg out in a kicking motion like that. Yes, I've seen the footage of him doing the same thing when taking balls even when noone is around, but it's still dangerous play. A defender is allowed to get as close as he wants to a catcher in the air, providing he doesnt attempt the tackle while he's in the air. Slater is buying himself a foot lengths space by kicking out, which should have been dealt with IMO.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 AM   #12199
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Symonds scored a try - that decision was shocking - he went to the video for Souths previous try but ruled it a try before referring it and it was more damning than the obstruction he referred to the video in Symonds' try - only difference was he ruled Symonds' a no try before referring it - 12 point turnaround...stupid system.

Anyhoo, good to see Gifted Stewart back on board, just needs a bit of match fitness.
Everyone seems to be raving about the new rule where the video ref has to have 100% proof to overrule the refs decision, but I think it stinks.

The ref has 100 things to take into consideration when he makes a call on the field. Why are the benefits of replays, slow mo etc only able to come into play to either prove the call 100% wrong or nothing?
Surely referee's watching a replay with numerous angles, technology, etc without the hinderance of not having to worry about other matters would have a better idea of making a call then a referee who had to make the call on the spot while trying to be aware of other matters going on on the field.

I'd rather the "close enoughs good enough" calls be left to the video ref, where everyone can get a much better look at it.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 03:39 AM   #12200
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Everyone seems to be raving about the new rule where the video ref has to have 100% proof to overrule the refs decision, but I think it stinks.

The ref has 100 things to take into consideration when he makes a call on the field. Why are the benefits of replays, slow mo etc only able to come into play to either prove the call 100% wrong or nothing?
Surely referee's watching a replay with numerous angles, technology, etc without the hinderance of not having to worry about other matters would have a better idea of making a call then a referee who had to make the call on the spot while trying to be aware of other matters going on on the field.

I'd rather the "close enoughs good enough" calls be left to the video ref, where everyone can get a much better look at it.
Considering how in the first 3 rounds they probably collectively went to the video ref maybe 3 times, they now do it every try attempt again. And still get it wrong.
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #12201
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
I don't think either faaoso tackle was that bad. not good of course but always on the cards when you get a tall, top heavy, lanky guy running at a short stocky bulldozer type.

It doesnt matter, the onus is on the tackler to get it right, & they were bad

same with the Mattai one, even though it bounced uo off the ball, the defender still has the responsibility to get it righty, he has to take into consideration the height of attackers etc, having said that i dont think he'll be to highly penalised although his record might **** him up & he may get a week or two
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #12202
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

So thats the latest conspiracy you spazz's over at league unlimited or the wall have been cluckering on about.

Yeah, I can imagine McGuire using his sports science knowledge going over the plan to orchestrate such a move that'll earn the team a penalty with the risk of losing the teams star player to injury. Would rather they try this tactic with someone shit like Ben Lowe, and not our best player, but hey...

Nah, I'm not buying any of these silly "It was Manly's game plan to heavily target GI" theories. GI orchestrated it all, and should get 6 weeks.
so you saying in that video at 44secs in Inglis DOESNT jump off his right leg?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:55 AM   #12203
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:

I agree - its worse this season with the updated rules than it was in previous seasons. If the ref is unsure, just go to the video ref - this having to say if it is or isn't a try before referring means he has doubt, and therefore his decision is not certain anyway.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #12204
OZ Puncher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 700

Quote:
Yes that is correct. Have you ever been held up with one leg? You bounce on the other one. I spose he made sure to keep his head going straight for the ground as well?
OZ Puncher is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #12205
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
He does appear to push off the ground with his right leg, but that could be an effort to keep his balance and avoid being grounded so he can play the ball faster.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #12206
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Inglis has perfected a way to be tilted in a dangerous position , been watching the tackles in slow mo and he bends down into the tackle and when his leg is picked up he hops with his other leg which causes his body to fall head first, not a bad strategy to get his team penaltys but I feel slightly for the tackler as yes they contribute to it but Greg helps it along, I'm sure it will happen to Greg alot in the season.

Because everyone playing footy has a plan to become a paraplegic!!!

He could just drop the ball in tackles & look hard done by to get easier penalties than being ****ing dropped on his bonce
Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #12207
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
you cant talk, your a westie like me

Common westies

Souths are from the rich inner city, how dare you bogans even attempt to deride us
Old 04-29-2013, 04:03 AM   #12208
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
totally agree but Inglis still shouldnt be jumping off the ground to help it happen. regardless of how it helps his team its dangerous.

0:44
Watch Gregs right leg, he clearly leaps up, watch gregs right leg in slow mo as he jumps up to help himself get into a dangerous angle. you can even see him lift his left leg up for inu to grab lol.

not saying inu is innocent cos his not, but Greg is assisting it and he did it against manly multiple times. 4-5 spear tackles in 1 game against the same guy? something is fishy

are you ****ing serious Luigi???

you cant be???
Old 04-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #12209
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

hehe
Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #12210
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Last edited by Rooster4Life; 04-29-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum