Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #12421
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Just bought seasons 1 and 2 on ebay, ill let you know what i think of it, thanks mate
I'll definitely get back into it when I get some free time soon. I want to watch it from the start. I think the episode's I saw were 8, 9, and 10 in season 2.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #12422
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
You think the mud is flying one way???

The jealousy has always come from the Rorters, we've always been the big brother, we've always been more successful, theyve always been in our shadow, we've always been more famous

Oh, & Gonzo, lighten up, this is a team sport, youre supposed to hate some teams, youre supposed to hate some players, youre supposed to bag, denigrate , throw shit at certain clubs, the game exists on rivalries, i obviously have poosterforlife tearing his greasy hair out & biting like a great white shark, but youre just learning, so cop on
how are the Roosters member numbers? I am always surprised by some teams... tigers especially.... our members number is pathetic considering it is the joint venture between two foundation clubs, balmain holding the 3rd most premierships. Why do we only have 11,000 members? we should have as many as St George-Illawarra in theory
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #12423
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
I detest westie types, ****ing bogans
you should see the west tigers fanatics out at campbelltown... people think Souths fans are toothless? These cunts are the worst. Mullets, moccasins, and longnecks.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #12424
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
how are the Roosters member numbers? I am always surprised by some teams... tigers especially.... our members number is pathetic considering it is the joint venture between two foundation clubs, balmain holding the 3rd most premierships. Why do we only have 11,000 members? we should have as many as St George-Illawarra in theory
Currently sitting just over 13,000
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #12425
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Currently sitting just over 13,000
pretty sure we have less than that
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #12426
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
pretty sure we have less than that

You think farah will stay with you guys? It looks to me he has had enough.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #12427
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
You think farah will stay with you guys? It looks to me he has had enough.
interesting question... Benji looks to be completely lost... he is overweight, lacks 80 minute energy, doesnt have the skills he did when he was early 20s and just isnt a playmaker anymore. I think move him to fullback and see what happens. Farah is mentally much tougher and I think he will stay and see out his contract - he is a stand up guy and i doubt any other team would offer him the salary we are giving him. My prediction is Farah stays, Benji goes to Penrith to play with Soward and we end up with someone like Nathan Brown as coach. Robbie loves the tigers and he can play how he wants with us. If he was to go to any other team it would be Parramatta or the Bulldogs, he supported them when he was little i think (what leb didnt haha) *no racist*

Our whole attack has been built around Benji, and when his form is down we play badly. I seriously havent seen him do anything amazing for almost a year. He needs to get fit, rejuvinate in a different position and leave the playmaking to the young guys. Mentally he is much weaker than I had imagined... i think by 30 he will retire to a cushy channel 9 job. Nothing left to prove which i think is why the hunger is gone. Won a world cup, won a premiership, captained his country, played in 3 or 4 finals series, scored a heap of points, been the best player in the world on more than one occasion and made plenty of coin in the process. What else would he stay around for?

Reading his articles in the paper its almost as if he has already checked out and is looking to be a family man and take things easy for a while. Been under massive pressure as one of the games superstars since he was 18. He could retire today as one of the best ever and I think he knows that

Also, dont underestimate the effect the team changes have had on him. Losing Beau Ryan and some of those other guys has played a huge impact on Benji and he is a very emotional guy. I think he yearns for the good old days and with them gone he doesnt feel the Tigers is his place any more. For me, he is a $500,000 player at most. Offering him the same as Farah is insane. Penrith should chuck $550k at him, pair him with Soward, and see if they can reinvigorate his career.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #12428
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm very fond of our continental cousins, i love Itite food, i've travelled extensively through Italy

I do however like to stir the chocky frogs up a bit, lets face it, we have shows like "wogs out of work", "wogarama" 'Acropolis now" etc, the words been reclaimed & empowered & rightly so

I also like to give them a jab in the ribs when someone retreats from a situation, i liken them to the Italian army in WW2.."going backwards faster than the Italian army" & "surrendered faster than" etc
i have also travelled around italy, ****ing gorgeous place... i lived in Napoli for 2 months (backwards ass place!) and spent 2 weeks in florence and cinque terra... ****ing amazing

i have lots of amazing italian mates and most of my ex girlfriends are italian because i love the skin colour and dark features. They totally embrace the Aussie Wog stereotypes and good on them. If i call one of them a wog they dont get offended, they laugh and tell me to go and eat a meat pie. Great family people, loyal as **** and would do anything for you. This country would have been stuck in the 1950s if it wasnt for the hard working italians. The ****ers can be called anything but lazy.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #12429
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
interesting question... Benji looks to be completely lost... he is overweight, lacks 80 minute energy, doesnt have the skills he did when he was early 20s and just isnt a playmaker anymore. I think move him to fullback and see what happens. Farah is mentally much tougher and I think he will stay and see out his contract - he is a stand up guy and i doubt any other team would offer him the salary we are giving him. My prediction is Farah stays, Benji goes to Penrith to play with Soward and we end up with someone like Nathan Brown as coach. Robbie loves the tigers and he can play how he wants with us. If he was to go to any other team it would be Parramatta or the Bulldogs, he supported them when he was little i think (what leb didnt haha) *no racist*

Our whole attack has been built around Benji, and when his form is down we play badly. I seriously havent seen him do anything amazing for almost a year. He needs to get fit, rejuvinate in a different position and leave the playmaking to the young guys. Mentally he is much weaker than I had imagined... i think by 30 he will retire to a cushy channel 9 job. Nothing left to prove which i think is why the hunger is gone. Won a world cup, won a premiership, captained his country, played in 3 or 4 finals series, scored a heap of points, been the best player in the world on more than one occasion and made plenty of coin in the process. What else would he stay around for?

Reading his articles in the paper its almost as if he has already checked out and is looking to be a family man and take things easy for a while. Been under massive pressure as one of the games superstars since he was 18. He could retire today as one of the best ever and I think he knows that

Also, dont underestimate the effect the team changes have had on him. Losing Beau Ryan and some of those other guys has played a huge impact on Benji and he is a very emotional guy. I think he yearns for the good old days and with them gone he doesnt feel the Tigers is his place any more. For me, he is a $500,000 player at most. Offering him the same as Farah is insane. Penrith should chuck $550k at him, pair him with Soward, and see if they can reinvigorate his career.

You think benji wanting to go to rugby during the offseason was true and he isn't performing because he just wants out of wests?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #12430
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i have also travelled around italy, ****ing gorgeous place... i lived in Napoli for 2 months (backwards ass place!) and spent 2 weeks in florence and cinque terra... ****ing amazing

i have lots of amazing italian mates and most of my ex girlfriends are italian because i love the skin colour and dark features. They totally embrace the Aussie Wog stereotypes and good on them. If i call one of them a wog they dont get offended, they laugh and tell me to go and eat a meat pie. Great family people, loyal as **** and would do anything for you. This country would have been stuck in the 1950s if it wasnt for the hard working italians. The ****ers can be called anything but lazy.

My grandfather came over here in the 50s , he was in the excavation business and In fact it was a family business that we still run today, he was the hardest worker I have ever seen, the guy was a freak and I have heard many story's about him and his insane strength which was just out of this world, he has lost that strength now but he still can't sit till even tho retired he is always renovating his house .

As for the embracing the term wog, it's really depends on the particular person or group, I know many families who embrace it and then there are those that find it offensive, Italians can be the greatest family's you can think of or they can be bitter and spiteful because of how passionate we are.

My family is from Bracciano, which is north of Rome, very beautiful place which I intend to get married in the future
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #12431
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
My grandfather came over here in the 50s , he was in the excavation business and In fact it was a family business that we still run today, he was the hardest worker I have ever seen, the guy was a freak and I have heard many story's about him and his insane strength which was just out of this world, he has lost that strength now but he still can't sit till even tho retired he is always renovating his house .

As for the embracing the term wog, it's really depends on the particular person or group, I know many families who embrace it and then there are those that find it offensive, Italians can be the greatest family's you can think of or they can be bitter and spiteful because of how passionate we are.

My family is from Bracciano, which is north of Rome, very beautiful place which I intend to get married in the future
I have been to Bracciano.... went sailing on that big volcanic lake and checked out that huge castle... there was a wedding at the castle when we were there... bet it costs a bomb
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #12432
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
You think benji wanting to go to rugby during the offseason was true and he isn't performing because he just wants out of wests?
i think he got talked out of going to rugby by his wife and team mates etc but now who knows
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #12433
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I have been to Bracciano.... went sailing on that big volcanic lake and checked out that huge castle... there was a wedding at the castle when we were there... bet it costs a bomb

yes That is Bracciano lake, My family owns a house there that backs onto the lake, the water from the lake is pumped to rome for all the fountains, and the castle there is GREAT!, Expensive though, Im pretty sure Tom Cruise got married in the castle.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #12434
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i think he got talked out of going to rugby by his wife and team mates etc but now who knows
its a bit of a worry, He doesnt look interested at all, the difference between him and Robbie is that Robbie plays for the tigers because HE LOVES the club, the fans etc, While Benji likes to play with his "friends", its not hard to see why Robbie and Benji apparently dont get along, I think you guys need a new direction, the whole "touch footy" style of play no longer fits your side, Maybe its time to punt Benji and invest in some new talent, Punting him would free up alot of money for a decent half and a good prop.

I say if Benji wants to act like a baby then **** him off.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #12435
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:

Having said what I said, young Italian males are the absolute bane of the European summer, it doesn't matter where you go, you find big groups of the touchy feely cunts..., well, being touchy feely with anything in a skirt, I don't know how many fights I saw in Greek Island nightclubs due to lecherous Italians who couldn't handle their piss, plus they're thieving, knife carrying ****s

A lot of Aussies & kiwis in the island if IOS in summer, we worked out that a crew of Italians were rolling blokes taking the short cut down to the beach from town every night, they were waiting for lone piss heads & mugging them

Lets just say they got a surprise one night, there were a few big Maoris involved & they employed the sidestep to great effect
wide_open_road is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum