Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #12511
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Would rather now waste my lovely holiday time watching the scum. Ive read reports though, and not one journo says the scum got robbed.
never said we were, but doesnt change the fact that we were robbed of a set on there line that ultimatly cost us a try against us.

i think Storm were very good, when playing a team like that you need to have big calls like that to be right cos they wont give up many errors, if we were playing someone else we prob would have made up for it, but against teams like Storm you just cant afford it.

Regardless good win to melbourne, but i will not brush off that knock on as nothing, it was a big turning point.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #12512
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

What was your guys thoughts on the NSW team.

I didnt mind it apart from the Morris twins had very poor years by there standards as so has Greg Bird and Im not sold on Mitchell Pearce at all.

And Gidley again WHY?

I would have played

1. Hayne
2. Merritt
3. Jennings
4. Idris
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A. Reynolds
8. Gallen
9. Farrah
10. Tamou
11. Watmough
12. Hoffman
13. Fifita

14. Carney (He can play 1,6,7 better than Gidley
15. Lewis
16. Merrin
17. Fensom

Yeah I would be more scared of that team.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #12513
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoppaZoo View Post
What was your guys thoughts on the NSW team.

I didnt mind it apart from the Morris twins had very poor years by there standards as so has Greg Bird and Im not sold on Mitchell Pearce at all.

And Gidley again WHY?

I would have played

1. Hayne
2. Merritt
3. Jennings
4. Idris
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A. Reynolds
8. Gallen
9. Farrah
10. Tamou
11. Watmough
12. Hoffman
13. Fifita

14. Carney (He can play 1,6,7 better than Gidley
15. Lewis
16. Merrin
17. Fensom

Yeah I would be more scared of that team.
Pretty average team.

Thought Sutton deserved a spot. He's been one of the top 5 players in the comp this season, easily.
Pearce has proved time and time again that he is totally ****ing useless against quality opposition, but of course Daley who has the backbone of a jellyfish will pick him.

Queensland 3-0. All the good work NSW have made up over the last 2 years will be pissed away.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #12514
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Quote:
Pretty average team.

Thought Sutton deserved a spot. He's been one of the top 5 players in the comp this season, easily.
Pearce has proved time and time again that he is totally ****ing useless against quality opposition, but of course Daley who has the backbone of a jellyfish will pick him.

Queensland 3-0. All the good work NSW have made up over the last 2 years will be pissed away.
Yeah well said pecks. In just don't know how pearce keeps getting picked. Like you said sutton, carney and reynolds all had way better year than mitchell so far. Also idris been the in form center.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #12515
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yeah well said pecks. In just don't know how pearce keeps getting picked. Like you said sutton, carney and reynolds all had way better year than mitchell so far. Also idris been the in form center.
It's because Daley is a spineless muppet and wouldnt dare do anything to upset him long time commentating mate Wayne Pearce.

I didnt see the Storm/Scum game a few days ago, but I heard the Scum's halves went missing and Pearce especially was shit. Dont see how it'd be any different in origin.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #12516
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:

idris defence is to inconsistent for rep footy, Gidley showed his versatily against the warriors and was the best in a beaten team
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #12517
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It's because Daley is a spineless muppet and wouldnt dare do anything to upset him long time commentating mate Wayne Pearce.

I didnt see the Storm/Scum game a few days ago, but I heard the Scum's halves went missing and Pearce especially was shit. Dont see how it'd be any different in origin.
Difference is halves need forwards to give them space to work, we are missing JWH and Moa which effected us, we had LOD playing prop ffs, Pearce isn't nsw problem , people forget we only lost by 1 pt last year
Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #12518
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Pretty average team.

This is the first year Brew-Boi Sutton's (my brother's shitheaper) laid off the bongs and played consistent footy - if he manages to get through the rest of this season and halfway through next without relapsing then he could be considered 18th man for NSW SOO 2014.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #12519
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
This is the first year Brew-Boi Sutton's (my brother's shitheaper) laid off the bongs and played consistent footy - if he manages to get through the rest of this season and halfway through next without relapsing then he could be considered 18th man for NSW SOO 2014.
he was more than solid last season actually, not at the level he's at now. Last year was his final chance, and if you went on the souths forum, many posters were tipping him to be in reggies by mid season. He has stepped up to another level this year, and despite his good form last year, it probably wasn't good enough to get him in origin.

R4L - yes we did lose the series by 1 point last season. How many points, assists, or repeat sets did Pearce contribute for NSW throughout the entire series?

Zilch!
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #12520
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Difference is halves need forwards to give them space to work, we are missing JWH and Moa which effected us, we had LOD playing prop ffs, Pearce isn't nsw problem , people forget we only lost by 1 pt last year
Pearce has been outplayed by Thurston,Cronk for years. I hope this pick and stick policy works but I agree with this article Im afraid.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Queenslands shit hot backline may beat us anyway but we are just giving them the series. Hope Im wrong.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #12521
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Pearce has been outplayed by Thurston,Cronk for years. I hope this pick and stick policy works but I agree with this article Im afraid.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Queenslands shit hot backline may beat us anyway but we are just giving them the series. Hope Im wrong.

its hard for ANYONE to outplay those guys, At the end of the day Origin is a different kind of football, and i think the reason Pearce is there this year is because we NEED to win one ASAP, and they dont want to risk changing too much otherwise its like starting all over again. i think this is pearce's last chance, I think this year he is ready while in previous years i dont think he was, We will find out soon
Old 05-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #12522
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

NSW is just an inferior team...but it doesn't help when the "spine" made up of Cameron, Slater and Cronk, aswell as Inglis, played together in an illegal team. Illegally forming a bond and playing style that has helped QLD to so many series wins.

Really Queensland's Origin wins are as tainted as St George's 11 premierships in a row.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #12523
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

LOL @ Tilse choosing Watmough to punch on with
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #12524
pecks
East Side Guru

Just read the score. Sharks always give us a tough run. Haven't seen a second of the game, but the sharks never seem to give us an inch and play pretty disciplined footy.

Well done whatarock. Ya cunt!
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #12525
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Sharks forwards were off the chain in greasy conditions..Bukaya and Fifita worked their arses off.

You're gonna spew when you see the penalty count though pecks.

They put a ton of pressure on Merrit and he pretty much handled it with ease..had one howler with a dropped ball but it was when he had no one near him and he got complacent..The Origin wingers better have a blinder or I'll be crying racism that Nath didn't get picked.
WhataRock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum