Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #1351
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official 2011 Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
to be fair Maguire next year at Souths, i think will be very structured & Bellamy like

Maybe Adam Reynolds when he gets back from knee Reco will fit in better
True, but we are in a better position to pull off that style of game as we have better players in those key positions.

Time will tell how it'll all unfold.
pecks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #1352
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

What footy players do you know or have met and have good stories about?

Tom leyroyd Lahrs was in my year at school. Alan tongue was my house captain and in my home room. Phil Graham was on my soccer team in year 8. My old mans best mates are the Platz brothers Greg and Lou. Played golf with my old man and ray ****** at a charity day. Such a funny dude.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #1353
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

TCW told me that he took English lessons from issac Luke.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #1354
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Greg Florimo went to my high school (North Sydney Boys) - he was 5 years ahead of me. Some of my mates older brothers were in his year and had some mad stories about him

A good mate of mine was in the same year as Chris Caruana at Marist Brothers North Sydney - he was apparently a mad cunt and ended up getting expelled.

Met ****** Morgan (ex-Eels and Warriors, current Super League coach) at a big party in Annandale years ago - he was mates with a very dodgy bloke I knew through a mate Funny bloke, I had a good chat with him and later in the night, when everyone (including myself) was off their tits I wandered out the front door and he was sitting on the footpath leaning against a car wolfing a pizza down

Met Brenton Pomeroy at the Orange Grove pub when Manly were playing the Tigers one Sunday at Leichhardt Oval - he was there in full Tigers tracksuit, drinking schooners before the game. We went to the game and came back to the pub afterwards and he was still there, throwing money through the pokies, off his dial and dropping $50 notes on people's tables for rounds. He was whinging how Junior (Pearce) didn't like him and never fielded him so he thought "**** it, might as well get pissed on game day instead of sitting in the dugout like a sad cunt" Kerry Hemsley was at the pub later on, keeping an eye on him and not long after that Tigers let him go.

Saw a few of the North Sydney Bears at Percy's Hotel one arvo, pissed as farts during the offseason - some of them were playing pool and Billy Moore dropped the white ball in Gary Larson's schooner and it got stuck...Larson's going "Oh no, how am I gonna get it out Billy? How am I gonna get it out mate?!?" and was trying to drink his schooner with the ball still stuck in it Have a lot of respect for Larson, he was a great player but geez he came across as a dumb cunt when he was pissed Coincidentally, it was about 3 days later that Jason Taylor was ejected from the cricket, so I think it was all part of the same bender...
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 AM   #1355
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

I was at the game where they got kicked out. Billy Moore was putting tomato sauce on his feet and putting them on the back of the bloke in front who was wearing a white shirt lol. My parents thought it was the greatest thing ever. The guy did not. Then he saw Billy and shut up. That cunt was harder than a coffin nail
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #1356
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

So it appears that the afl rookies from nrl are really shit. I saw some of hunt playing and he looked like someone from the under 15s. Waste of time should have stayed in league. He'll be back, same with falaou
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #1357
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

No one will believe this but ive talked to everyones favourite clean living muslim boxer/footballer at a "massage parlour" with amos roberts. have to say he seemed a very nice bloke.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #1358
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I hear on FOX sports that Gidley will be NO 6 and Soward will miss out on Origin....thats just strange and dumb at the same time
ashley is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #1359
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I hear on FOX sports that Gidley will be NO 6 and Soward will miss out on Origin....thats just strange and dumb at the same time
Nsw all over again... Fail
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #1360
JustinD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1583

Not true, Gidley is injured.
JustinD is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2011, 06:44 PM   #1361
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
No one will believe this but ive talked to everyones favourite clean living muslim boxer/footballer at a "massage parlour" with amos roberts. have to say he seemed a very nice bloke.
Most blokes are pretty chilled after a bit of hand relief
Old 05-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #1362
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

hear the bunnies are ganna shop around for a new half. surprised they didnt have a crack at gower. hed be a very good fit there and is exactly the type of player they need. someone who would give his teamates a kick in the ass when they arent putting in and plays direct as the bunnies have the habit of losing their direction in attack.
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 AM   #1363
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
hear the bunnies are ganna shop around for a new half. surprised they didnt have a crack at gower. hed be a very good fit there and is exactly the type of player they need. someone who would give his teamates a kick in the ass when they arent putting in and plays direct as the bunnies have the habit of losing their direction in attack.
We have plenty of halves to go around... Moltzen and Lui would be ok in a team like souths and i think they are off contract soon
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #1364
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

I thought Gower was in the picture for Souths?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #1365
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pretty good mates with Brad Fittler was wild in his younger days but very much on stable ground now still likes to have a good time but much more under the radar, had chat with him the other day at Coogee with the city team they all seem very calm and confident, so hope they go well but think Country might have it, Hope Freddy keeps his coaching to this sort of stuff the day to day of club football doesn't suit his personality
cedrichw is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum