Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #31
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Foreman ever defeat Ali.

hahaha, "im not sure that old foreman would beat old ali"
old foreman in his 40s fought a great fight against a peak evander. ali in his 36 was pathetic against the tomato can leon spinks... and he was destroyed a humiliated by holmes, and dominated by berbick... are you serious? haha, old foreman would destroy old louis, old ali, old tyson, old holyfield,old liston in the same week and it is a fact. old foreman 90-91 would beat green ali 60-63 and ali 76-81. prime vs prime, no debate ali 65-67 is the best hw ever. he would beat prime foreman by ud.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #32
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
hahaha, "im not sure that old foreman would beat old ali"
old foreman in his 40s fought a great fight against a peak evander. ali in his 36 was pathetic against the tomato can leon spinks... and he was destroyed a humiliated by holmes, and dominated by berbick... are you serious? haha, old foreman would destroy old louis, old ali, old tyson, old holyfield,old liston in the same week and it is a fact. old foreman 90-91 would beat green ali 60-63 and ali 76-81. prime vs prime, no debate ali 65-67 is the best hw ever. he would beat prime foreman by ud.
Old Foreman was outboxed by effing Morrison and went life and death with Steward.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #33
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
Old Foreman was outboxed by effing Morrison and went life and death with Steward.
alext stewart and tommy morrison would have beat a shot ali, plain and simple... and foreman never went life and death with stewart, it is false.old foreman knocked down stewart twice and he ran from foreman, morrison was a young and very very strong guy, he was a puncher like stewart too, and they both did run from george. styles make fights. shot ali was finished, he was very weak, he was fat, very static, he would be stopped by foreman, he would not take a beating from foreman. and i am talking about the best version of old foreman 90-91, no contest, old foreman would give to old ali a beating. are you comparing a prime morrison (who would give a good fight to holmes 80) with old ali?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #34
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
alext stewart and tommy morrison would have beat a shot ali, plain and simple... and foreman never went life and death with stewart, it is false.old foreman knocked down stewart twice and he ran from foreman, morrison was a young and very very strong guy, he was a puncher like stewart too, and they both did run from george. styles make fights. shot ali was finished, he was very weak, he was fat, very static, he would be stopped by foreman, he would not take a beating from foreman. and i am talking about the best version of old foreman 90-91, no contest, old foreman would give to old ali a beating. are you comparing a prime morrison (who would give a good fight to holmes 80) with old ali?
Depends on how old. The Ali that beat Shavers would probably beat Morrison. Morrison's only wins of note are over Foreman and a washed up Ruddock that came close to stopping him and was himself stopped prematurely. What makes you think that this very limited fighter with poor stamina would give prime Holmes trouble? He was outclassed by Lewis.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #35
RoosterC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreman Hook View Post
1973 Foreman with the head of 1991 Old Foreman And Angelo Dundee as trainer, beats everyone IMHO.
This.

Foreman fought in the two best eras of heavyweight history and was the champ for a time in both. I rate him top 5 of all time, personally I believe he had the potential to be #1 but he fell slightly short of that.

It's a shame Ali did not give Foreman a rematch, that in it's self says how great George was and how smart Ali was.
RoosterC is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Depends on how old. The Ali that beat Shavers would probably beat Morrison. Morrison's only wins of note are over Foreman and a washed up Ruddock that came close to stopping him and was himself stopped prematurely. What makes you think that this very limited fighter with poor stamina would give prime Holmes trouble? He was outclassed by Lewis.
tommny morrison gave a good fight to a great version of lewis, he was stopped by cuts. morrison destroyed ruddock, he did beat old foreman , he did beat piNklon tommas,tillis.he was not srr but you are clearly underrating tommy morrison, and I DOUBT SERIOUSLY THAT ALI77 WOULD BEAT A PRIME MORRISON, NORTON AND YOUNG WERE STOLEN AGAINST ALI IN 1976,EARNIE SHAVERS GAVE TO ALI THE HELL IN 1977,A BUM LIKE ALFREDO EVANGELISTA FOUGHT 15 ROUNDS AGAINST ALI77,ALI WAS SLOW, HE WAS MORE WEAK, HE WAS ALMOST FINISHED IN 1977, HE HAD OVERWEIGHT, HE WAS MUCH MORE SLOW,,HE WAS STATIC. MORRISON WAS BETTER FIGHTER THAN SHAVERS HANDS DOWN, MORE SKILLED, FASTER, STRONGER,BIGGER,WITH MORE STAMINA, AND MORRISON HAD A GREAT LEFT HOOK, THE WEAK POINT OF ALI...MORRISON WAS CLEARLY BETTER THAN TREVOR BERBICK,MIKE WEAVER, AND PAST PRIME NORTON WOULD NOT BEAT A PRIME MORRISON,(I AM NOT SURE IF A PRIME NORTON WOULD BEAT A PRIME MORRISON), AND ALL THEM GAVE GOOD FIGHTS TO PRIME HOLMES.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #37
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
tommny morrison gave a good fight to a great version of lewis, he was stopped by cuts. morrison destroyed ruddock, he did beat old foreman , he did beat piklon tommas,tillis. you are clearly underrating tommy morrison, and I DOUBT SERIOUSLY THAT ALI77 WOULD BEAT A PRIME MORRISON, NORTON AND YOUNG WERE STOLEN AGAINST ALI IN 1976,EARNIE SHAVERS GAVE TO ALI THE HELL IN 1977,A BUM LIKE ALFREDO EVANGELISTA FOUGHT 15 ROUNDS AGAINST ALI77,ALI WAS SLOW, HE WAS MORE WEAK, HE WAS ALMOST FINISHED IN 1977, HE HAD OVERWEIGHT, HE WAS MUCH MORE SLOW,,HE WAS STATIC. MORRISON WAS BETTER FIGHTER THAN SHAVERS HANDS DOWN, MORE SKILLED, FASTER, STRONGER,BIGGER,WITH MORE STAMINA, A SHAVERS HAD A GREAT LEFT HOOK, THE WEAK POINT OF ALI...
You and capital letters... Morrison didn't give Lewis a good fight and he didn't "destroy" Ruddock. He had power, but not much more than that. He was about as good as Shavers, but perhaps less powerful. Prime Holmes would make mincemeat of his face with that jab.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #38
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You and capital letters... Morrison didn't give Lewis a good fight and he didn't "destroy" Ruddock. He had power, but not much more than that. He was about as good as Shavers, but perhaps less powerful. Prime Holmes would make mincemeat of his face with that jab.
yes, he gave to lewis a decent fight and he kicked the ass of ruddock in 6 rounds, [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_qCbtGFGNM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPB6I9R6LE&feature=related[/ame]

and morrison was better than shavers, he was bigger,stronger, more skilled, he had more stamina, shavers was just harder puncher, but morrison was a hard puncher too, he had much better pack. morrison was a better fighter, no contest.

if berbick,weaver,past prime norton .. they gave to prime holmes good fights, morrison would give holmes a good fight.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #39
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
yes, he gave to lewis a decent fight and he kicked the ass of ruddock in 6 rounds, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Funny how you managed to ommit rd 1, where Ruddock had Morrison down.

And no, he wasn't competitive against Lewis. The scorecards had him losing every round. Losing five rounds and then getting stopped, how is that competitive?

Quote:
and morrison was better than shavers, he was bigger,stronger, more skilled, he had more stamina, shavers was just harder puncher, but morrison was a hard puncher too, he had much better pack. morrison was a better fighter, no contest.
Shavers has some decent KO victims in Young, Ellis and Norton (neither of them in their primes, though). He also came a cunts hair from KO'ing Holmes and Lyle. Morrisson's best are Foreman and a washed up Ruddock. He was limited, but outboxed Big George. There are few versions of Ali that aren't better boxers than Morrisson.

Quote:
if berbick,weaver,past prime norton .. they gave to prime holmes good fights, morrison would give holmes a good fight.
Berbick was comfortably outpointed, Weaver stopped... I think Morrison could give Holmes an early scare, but I don't think he'd last the distance.

Last edited by Bokaj; 01-10-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #40
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
And no, he wasn't competitive against Lewis. The scorecards had him losing every round. Losing five rounds and then getting stopped, how is that competitive?
well, it was not a beating, lewis fought smart he did outbox morrison, and morrison was stopped by cuts. morrison did a good fight, simply lewis was better .tyson was destroyed by a shot 37 years old lewis.

Quote:
He was limited, but outboxed Big George. There are few versions of Ali that aren't better boxers than Morrisson.
he outboxed a very old big george, great difference, and morrison was not as limited as you are trying to insinuate. he was a good fighter, better than shavers,berbick,ruddock,weaver. i put him around in the class of norton( as fighter, obviously norton had better victories), i think that norton would not take the shots from morrison early, norton was pathetic against hard punchers. and morrison was a hard puncher, no doubt about it. . yes few versions of ali arenīt better than morrison but ali 77 is one of these versions.

Quote:
Berbick was comfortably outpointed, Weaver stopped... I think Morrison could give Holmes an early scare, but I don't think he'd last the distance.
holmes did beat berbick but it was not a "holiday"... and berbick was not ray robinson exactly, weaver was stopped but holmes almost got ko.past prime norton did not have better chin than morrison... i think that holmes would beat morrison by ud. but he would be hurt and knocked down early
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #41
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
well, it was not a beating, lewis fought smart he did outbox morrison, and morrison was stopped by cuts. morrison did a good fight, simply lewis was better .tyson was destroyed by a shot 37 years old lewis.
Lewis was simply much better. This was an easy payday for him.

Quote:
he outboxed a very old big george, great difference, and morrison was not as limited as you are trying to insinuate. he was a good fighter, better than shavers,berbick,ruddock,weaver. i put him around in the class of norton( as fighter, obviously norton had better victories), i think that norton would not take the shots from morrison early, norton was pathetic against hard punchers. and morrison was a hard puncher, no doubt about it. . yes few versions of ali arenīt better than morrison but ali 77 is one of these versions.
Morrisson's technique wasn't bad, actually. But he was far from a natural ring general, was tagged and in trouble or stopped by just any quality fighter he fought outside of George. He also gassed easily.

I think '77 Ali does enough to outpoint old George. Old Foreman was more wily than Shavers and had a better chin, but he was also slower and had a less devastating punch. He wouldn't KO Ali and I can't see him outpoint him over 15 nor 12.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #42
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lewis was simply much better. This was an easy payday for him.

Morrisson's technique wasn't bad, actually. But he was far from a natural ring general, was tagged and in trouble or stopped by just any quality fighter he fought outside of George. He also gassed easily.

I think '77 Ali does enough to outpoint old George. Old Foreman was more wily than Shavers and had a better chin, but he was also slower and had a less devastating punch. He wouldn't KO Ali and I can't see him outpoint him over 15 nor 12.
honestly i doubt seriously that shavers was harder puncher than an old foreman90-91 who weighed 257 pounds and he was much more muscular than foreman 93-97, the versions of george who faced qawi,cooney,rocky and evander was pretty strong, not a bunch of fat., this george was a truck and who had 2 hammers... any way the hitting power of shavers and foreman was very close. if shavers could hurt ali with a right hand, foreman could too. foreman was much better overall, he was stronger, he was taller, he had better chin, he had more heart, he had better jab, he did cut better the ring. this old foreman had much better stamina than shavers. in my opinion ali77 would be stopped by old foreman 90-91 in 6 rounds.tko
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #43
Il Duce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

George Foreman could have won.

Punch Limit per Round; 15 (12 Jabs + 3 Right Hands)
Il Duce is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #44
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
honestly i doubt seriously that shavers was harder puncher than an old foreman90-91 who weighed 257 pounds and he was much more muscular than foreman 93-97, the versions of george who faced qawi,cooney,rocky and evander was pretty strong, not a bunch of fat., this george was a truck and who had 2 hammers... any way the hitting power of shavers and foreman was very close. if shavers could hurt ali with a right hand, foreman could too. foreman was much better overall, he was stronger, he was taller, he had better chin, he had more heart, he had better jab, he did cut better the ring. this old foreman had much better stamina than shavers. in my opinion ali77 would be stopped by old foreman 90-91 in 6 rounds.tko
I believe any version of Ali,up to 1978,could have beaten the 1991 incarnation of George. The key would be speed. The versions I'm quoting on both men,were considerably slower than they were in 1974,but George more so.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #45
mister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
I believe any version of Ali,up to 1978,could have beaten the 1991 incarnation of George. The key would be speed. The versions I'm quoting on both men,were considerably slower than they were in 1974,but George more so.
i dont think the 70s rope a dope would faze the 90s george george was better paced in the 90s and was able to use this saved energy to land bombs at will that is why i believe the 90s george would clobber through alis rope a dope and win the fight
mister is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum