Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #46
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Foreman ever defeat Ali.

If he focused on bodypunching he could beat a 74 Ali maybe. Bodypunching was the way for slower men like Frazier/Norton to beat Ali
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #47
mister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

but alis rope a dope was a good defense for the body punching of foreman the rope a dope allowed ali to rest while foreman threw wild punches that were not timed nor aligned to get through the rope a dope this is why when ali noticed foreman was tired he quickly exited the rope a dope and landed the combination to kayo foreman
mister is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #48
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
i dont think the 70s rope a dope would faze the 90s george george was better paced in the 90s and was able to use this saved energy to land bombs at will that is why i believe the 90s george would clobber through alis rope a dope and win the fight
yes i agree, i think that ali might not do the tactic rope dope against foreman 90-91, who had more experience , and he had better stamina.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #49
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
yes i agree, i think that ali might not do the tactic rope dope against foreman 90-91, who had more experience , and he had better stamina.
Ali would have used a different strategy against the older Foreman. He'd have held the centre of the ring,and blitzed his man with combinations,and used a lot of movement.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #50
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
If he focused on bodypunching he could beat a 74 Ali maybe. Bodypunching was the way for slower men like Frazier/Norton to beat Ali
But Norton set up his bodypunching in a skillful manner, and Frazier did too in his own way. George didn't. Ali saw everything he did from miles away and that's why he found it so hard to hurt Ali, even when he landed very heavy punches.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
Ali would have used a different strategy against the older Foreman. He'd have held the centre of the ring,and blitzed his man with combinations,and used a lot of movement.
ali 74 was much more static, he might not hold dancing during all the fight he was older and heavier. the ali 60s had the perfect style to beat old foreman90-91, ali70s not.
anyway ali 74 was still a great fighter,he had fast hands,great chin,great stamina,good shape, i pick him to beat old foreman90-91 by ud. but not ali 76.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #52
mister
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

we still have to remember that ali had a fantastic jaw and he got hit with some bombs that would normally of knocked guys out when ali started to use the rope a dope the bombs seemed to be missing and being the ring technician that ali was he sensed that george was tiring while george was trapped in the rope a dope look at when leon fought ali ali tried luring leon in the rope a dope but leon was able to escape the confines of the rope a dope and was able to have success in the first fight then ali new that in the second leon fight he was not going to use the rope a dope and it worked in alis favor as ali gave him a boxing lesson in the second fight
mister is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #53
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
But Norton set up his bodypunching in a skillful manner, and Frazier did too in his own way. George didn't. Ali saw everything he did from miles away and that's why he found it so hard to hurt Ali, even when he landed very heavy punches.
Thats a point, but Foreman did hit Ali and Ali was being lazy on the ropes, but Foreman stupidly punched the arms, but thats a sitting target if you goto the body you just throw those shorter uppercuts up close. Ali has great powers of recovery, but if his body is taken from him he will slow and his hands will drop.

I favour Ali because Foreman is not a smart fighter, Ali is. If there was a rematch I feel Foreman goes to the body far more and if he did it properly (he likely wouldn't) he get the knock out
PowerPuncher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum