Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #16
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs Harold Brazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
dude Harold would lose to hatton...now **** off...whats next..hatton now loses to 80 year old woman?

and yeah i have only seen a bit of Brazier..i looked him up and found boxrec and his videos on youtube...wasnt impressed with either on a world class level.
So you watched a guy fight Meldrick Taylor and Roger Mayweather (both of his fights are on youtube) and saw him hold his own with both of them and concluded that he wasn't on a world class level? How did that happen?


Quote:
again....any of the guys hatton fought after tszyu where better then all the names i listed.
Hatton to me hasn't done anything that's better than holding his own with a prime Roger Mayweather and a young though still advanced Meldrick Taylor.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #17
Casamayor122
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs Harold Brazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Hatton to me hasn't done anything that's better than holding his own with a prime Roger Mayweather and a young though still advanced Meldrick Taylor.
Casamayor122 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #18
abraq
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: City - Guwahati, State - Assam, Country - India.
Posts: 687
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs Harold Brazier

The Hatton who beat Tszyu would beat Brazier. Any other version would lose to Brazier.
abraq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #19
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Johnstown PA
Posts: 2,850
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs Harold Brazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraq View Post
The Hatton who beat Tszyu would beat Brazier. Any other version would lose to Brazier.
yea ok dude...
Johnstown is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
boza81
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Annandale, VA (USA)
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs Harold Brazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
People questioning whether Brazier was quick enough should watch him nullify the speed of Roger Mayweather and Meldrick Taylor.

People questioning whether Brazier is busy enough should watch his fight with Micky Ward. He was throwing 80-90 punches per round in that fight against a guy trying to rip to his body all night.

Don't judge the man on the Whitaker fight.

I saw Brazier fight live on TV as far back as '85 against Joey Ruiz. I also saw the Taylor and Mayweather fights. I didn't think the Taylor fight was too competitive, what I saw was a young Taylor outwork Brazier. Brazier blocked alot of punches with good defense but was made to concentrate more on defense than offense because of Taylor's speed. I wouldn't say he nullified it. Against Mayweather, Harold fought in spurts. This was partly due to Mayweather's long reach and speed. Harold just couldn't do much from long range. He was effective when he could get inside, which wasn't often. I like Harold alot, and usually rooted for him in his fights. I loved seeing the blue-collar underdog upset the "house" favorite, which he did quite often. But the guys he beat in his prime were fringe contender types who were themselves overhyped like "White Lighting" Brown, Baronet, a faded Robin Blake. I also think Hatton was a bit over-hyped as well, and did beat a faded version of Tzyu. But from seeing both Brazier and Hatton fight many times, I think Ricky is too fast for him, and gets on the inside and outhustles Harold for the decision.
boza81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #21
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton vs Harold Brazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by boza81 View Post
I saw Brazier fight live on TV as far back as '85 against Joey Ruiz. I also saw the Taylor and Mayweather fights. I didn't think the Taylor fight was too competitive, what I saw was a young Taylor outwork Brazier. Brazier blocked alot of punches with good defense but was made to concentrate more on defense than offense because of Taylor's speed. I wouldn't say he nullified it.
I tend to focus on punches landed rather than punches thrown. With that in mind, I didn't think there was much in it. In some respects, it was like a lesser version of Don Curry vs. Marlon Starling. A lot of people that see that fight (talking particularly about the second) tend to think that Curry won it easy, but if you look closely at what was and what wasn't landing, you can see the fight being much closer and contested.

Seriously, after seeing that fight, I don't think Brazier has anything to worry about at all in terms of speed in facing Hatton.


Quote:
Against Mayweather, Harold fought in spurts. This was partly due to Mayweather's long reach and speed. Harold just couldn't do much from long range. He was effective when he could get inside, which wasn't often.
I'd say his cautiousness was more out of respect for Mayweather's power. Again, not something I think he has to worry about against a grinder like Hatton.


Quote:
I like Harold alot, and usually rooted for him in his fights. I loved seeing the blue-collar underdog upset the "house" favorite, which he did quite often. But the guys he beat in his prime were fringe contender types who were themselves overhyped like "White Lighting" Brown, Baronet, a faded Robin Blake. I also think Hatton was a bit over-hyped as well, and did beat a faded version of Tzyu. But from seeing both Brazier and Hatton fight many times, I think Ricky is too fast for him, and gets on the inside and outhustles Harold for the decision.
If Hatton wins the fight, it will be due more to physical strength than it will to speed imo. I don't see speed being a factor at all really.
Workrate might come into it as well, though personally, I'm not convinced that he'll make Harold clam up like Roger Mayweather did or Meldrick Taylor (though Brazier was still quite active in the latter). Brazier will see many holes in Hatton's game, which by the midway point I expect him to exploit.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013