Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Who do you guys like in this one? This is a tough one i can see cases being made for either.... In all time ranking i would go with Chacon in a hth matchup im not to sure.

Last edited by anarci; 01-10-2011 at 06:22 AM.
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,009
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Chacon close UD
D.T is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

casamayor for me. southpaw who doesnt look to get in a fire fight but can back up his threatening cagey style. i thin k chacon would just walk straight into casamayors slip and circle tactics.

the only person who had any MAJOR success going straight ahead with casamayor was castillo and he basicly pulled back and fourth making casamayor shoot his bolt, then castillo stormed him into a corner. even though castillo semmed like he was only a bully he did have a good technical brain when push comes to shove. point is i dont think chacon could pull any stunts or tricks that casamayor has not seen, chacon i think would just try to plow through and be matadored.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Casamayor in his prime had a good jab, he threw good combinations, very skilled fighter, he had fast hands, but Chacon was a warrior, he had GREAT heart ! I admire him, constant pressure, great stamina ! So, in my opinion, Chacon by decision !

But......
That said........ Chacon is one of my favourites to watch so maybe Im just biased

Last edited by Vic-JofreBRASIL; 01-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Chacon was every bit the technician in his early days that Casamayor was. He just had balls. I swear Casa is one of the most overrated fighters of the modern era, and a true testament to just how far off the sport has dropped. He was no better than the likes of Sammy Serrano or Vilomar Fernandez. In fact I'll go so far as to say Fernandez was better.

Whatchu want?!
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #6
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Chacon was every bit the technician in his early days that Casamayor was. He just had balls. I swear Casa is one of the most overrated fighters of the modern era, and a true testament to just how far off the sport has dropped. He was no better than the likes of Sammy Serrano or Vilomar Fernandez. In fact I'll go so far as to say Fernandez was better.

Whatchu want?!
Your opinions on Chacon are spot on early on(when he was at Feather) he had some excellent boxing skills he was a boxer/puncher its just that he knocked most of them out. At JL Chacon like to brawl and but still showed his boxig skills at times still had excellent combinations...

WIth Casamayor i dont think he was overrated thought he was a very good fighter and a probably a future HOF. Serrano and Fernandez were pretty good thoughe El Bujia. Id still rate Casamayor a little better than them.
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #7
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,631
vCash: 166
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Casa was alright...Chacon was better.

I don't see Bobby losing at his best..Lightweight probably wasn't where this was though.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Casa was alright...Chacon was better.

I don't see Bobby losing at his best..Lightweight probably wasn't where this was though.
Yey i agree id say Chacon was better than Casamayor. But at JL style wise thids would be intresting as Chacon more brawler by this time might get tagged a lot by the slick counterpunching Casamayor. Style wise this is intresting or is Chacon just too much fight in him and makes Casamayor back up or fight his fight?

Whats up WAR long time no speak
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #9
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

dont take it personal bujia.

im not saying chacon shouldnt be in the hall of fame or something.

erik morales - zahir raheem
arturo gatti- ivan robinson
cory spinks- verno phillips
zab judah - cory spinks
simon brown - vincent pettway
george foreman - jimmy young

all beat by the other guy convincingly but none where better or as good career wise. i think this is a similar case that even though chacon had a better career and better wins and maybe competition (to a point) he isnt going to have an easy time with a guy who has fought in higher wieght classes against physically bigger infighters. chacon is smaller than/same size as casamayor and never pulled it off well against southpaws. and we are not talking about the boza-edwards, limon type.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SAN GABRIEL VALLEY
Posts: 12,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Joel Casamayor vs Bobby Chacon at Junior LW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
dont take it personal bujia.

im not saying chacon shouldnt be in the hall of fame or something.

erik morales - zahir raheem
arturo gatti- ivan robinson
cory spinks- verno phillips
zab judah - cory spinks
simon brown - vincent pettway
george foreman - jimmy young

all beat by the other guy convincingly but none where better or as good career wise. i think this is a similar case that even though chacon had a better career and better wins and maybe competition (to a point) he isnt going to have an easy time with a guy who has fought in higher wieght classes against physically bigger infighters. chacon is smaller than/same size as casamayor and never pulled it off well against southpaws. and we are not talking about the boza-edwards, limon type.
yey good post pretty much what im thinking^^^.. And i gotta to be one of Chacons biggest fans (Top 3or 4 all time favs).
anarci is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015