Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 879
vCash: 1000
Default Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Did you expect this to happen?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlS82LC3fTo[/ame]


I was expecting Moorer to handle Tua the way that Chris Bryd did. By the way, I love the reaction of Moorer's trainer when Michael got laid out. You can see him in the background. He slaps his knee and goes, "Oh....Dayum!!"
Hydraulix is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Tuaman
Return Of The Terminator
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 165
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

That's why David Tua is an exciting fighter-you never know what to expect, especially when he's motivated.

Michael Moorer never learned his lesson, though. You don't stand in front of a puncher. That's what got him caught by Foreman, and it's what got him KTFO in this fight as well. I'd like to point out that it was the right hand of Tua that was the fatal blow in this one. LOL at Moorer's trainer. "OH.....DAYUM!!!"
Tuaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Moorer was just a terribly unimaginative fighter.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

In every thread there are a idiot who want to diminish the merit to other fighter.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
In every thread there are a idiot who want to diminish the merit to other fighter.
And in evry thred der be idoit hoo dont kan tipe but wont to act lik deyre uthoritee figyer on bocksin.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
And in evry thred der be idoit hoo dont kan tipe but wont to act lik deyre uthoritee figyer on bocksin.
i never did mention your name, but obviously you knew that you are the idiot.. so i am right on my comment
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In that 3 feet of stew again...
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Michael Moorer had no business at heavyweight IMO. He was a great light heavy but left his legacy on the table and went up chasing that cheddar.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
i never did mention your name, but obviously you knew that you are the idiot.. so i am right on my comment
u dont can has bocksin rite!
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,108
vCash: 75
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
And in evry thred der be idoit hoo dont kan tipe but wont to act lik deyre uthoritee figyer on bocksin.
Russell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Michael Moorer had no business at heavyweight IMO. He was a great light heavy but left his legacy on the table and went up chasing that cheddar.
That isn't true at all. He was having great difficulties making the weight, and wouldn't have done himself any favors attempting to stick around. He was always very wiry and gangly at Lt. Heavy, with little in the way of physical strength. He packed a big punch and little more. Hardly the stuff that makes a "great light heavy", in my opinion. At least he was more comfortable in his own body at Heavyweight, and grew to be a bit more refined once he'd realized his power couldn't bail him out of every situation.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 11,580
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

errr... regarding the question at hand, i believe i won 1200 pounds on David dispatching him within 5 on this fight.
Seamus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In that 3 feet of stew again...
Posts: 12,448
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
That isn't true at all. He was having great difficulties making the weight, and wouldn't have done himself any favors attempting to stick around. He was always very wiry and gangly at Lt. Heavy, with little in the way of physical strength. He packed a big punch and little more. Hardly the stuff that makes a "great light heavy", in my opinion. At least he was more comfortable in his own body at Heavyweight, and grew to be a bit more refined once he'd realized his power couldn't bail him out of every situation.

You're wrong on this one, buddy. Michael Moorer was not struggling at the weight, he clearly moved up because the division was dormant and he was chasing the money, fact! Moorer and his camp even admitted it themselves. He moved for that heavyweight money and because he thought there was nothing for him at light heavyweight.

It's just my opinion that Michael was a beast at 175lbs and he is underrated there because he only won the WBO title and the division was bland when he was there. He certainly could beat many of the top 10 light heavyweights on a given day.

Let me tell you this, Moorer gained almost 40lbs from his last light heavyweight fight and his first heavyweight fight. There was no need to move up so soon and you can't tell me that Moorer grew 40lbs in a month. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have made the move but looking back in hindsight the guy left his legacy on the table. He was so much better at 175, no disputing that IMHO.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #13
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
You're wrong on this one, buddy. Michael Moorer was not struggling at the weight, he clearly moved up because the division was dormant and he was chasing the money, fact! Moorer and his camp even admitted it themselves. He moved for that heavyweight money and because he thought there was nothing for him at light heavyweight.
Where did you hear these "facts"? I've never heard of anything like this before, and it doesn't seem to hold up seeing as he'd only won the WBO title and neglected to unify or face any of the top guys like Virgil Hill and co. Everything I've come across (along with sound logic) suggests he was struggling hard to make the weight, and his performances during his WBO reign don't really go against that view.

Quote:
It's just my opinion that Michael was a beast at 175lbs and he is underrated there because he only won the WBO title and the division was bland when he was there. He certainly could beat many of the top 10 light heavyweights on a given day.
Sure, in any given era he might beat a few. I tend to think he's far more overrated at the weight than vice-versa. I was never impressed with him at Light Heavy, and he looked downright awful against washed up guys like Leslie Stewart and Frankie Swindell (hardly elite fighters in their own right). If he's struggling with those types, I don't care to even estimate his chances against the true greats of the division.

Quote:
Let me tell you this, Moorer gained almost 40lbs from his last light heavyweight fight and his first heavyweight fight. There was no need to move up so soon and you can't tell me that Moorer grew 40lbs in a month.
Shouldn't this kinda prove my point? The only people that would put on that kind of weight in such a short span of time are those so starved and dehydrated from losing water weight that they've hardly any of their natural muscle/strength remaining. Hence the term "weight-drained".

Quote:
I’m not saying he shouldn’t have made the move but looking back in hindsight the guy left his legacy on the table. He was so much better at 175, no disputing that IMHO.
He looked a lot better against the completely dire opposition he was facing, I can't dispute that.

Last edited by El Bujia; 01-11-2011 at 01:37 AM.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:34 AM   #14
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 879
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeGuyMan View Post
Nah, Moorer just didn't have the mindset to fight a Byrd fight. Also, he was kinda shot by this point.
You're being nice to me? I don't believe it. No Butterbean jokes? I think Butterbean would murder them both. Just kidding.

You make sense, though. Moorer was past it and hadn't done anything spectatular in the 8 years prior to this fight. Still, the way that Rahman and Byrd had success with Tua made me think that this was going to be another boring decision win for Michael. I didn't expect Tua to come on strong and end things quickly like the David Tua of the old.
Hydraulix is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 AM   #15
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
You're wrong on this one, buddy. Michael Moorer was not struggling at the weight, he clearly moved up because the division was dormant and he was chasing the money, fact! Moorer and his camp even admitted it themselves. He moved for that heavyweight money and because he thought there was nothing for him at light heavyweight.

It's just my opinion that Michael was a beast at 175lbs and he is underrated there because he only won the WBO title and the division was bland when he was there. He certainly could beat many of the top 10 light heavyweights on a given day.

Let me tell you this, Moorer gained almost 40lbs from his last light heavyweight fight and his first heavyweight fight. There was no need to move up so soon and you can't tell me that Moorer grew 40lbs in a month. I’m not saying he shouldn’t have made the move but looking back in hindsight the guy left his legacy on the table. He was so much better at 175, no disputing that IMHO.
I remember reading about this in Ring magazine and thought it was a very risky move. Imagine if he stayed at 175?
Sangria is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013