Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #16
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 1230
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatesdeboxeo View Post
In every thread there are a idiot who want to diminish the merit to other fighter.
There is a saying about throwing stones if you live in a glass house.

In every thread you and Foreman Hook find a way to diminish Mike Tyson and his opponents while aggrandizing George Foreman and his opponents.

Its because whenever you enter a thread, you seem to have an agenda more-so than an opinion. Even if someone has an opposing view no matter how well thought out the argument is, you simply fail to acknowledge that you could be wrong. You call things facts when they are in fact your opinion; and a flawed one at that.

I have many examples in different threads specifically the "Tyson Ducking Foreman, Lewis" thread where I went over details provided links showing multiple links as to what went on behind the scenes to show you that there was no ducking involved just agreements couldn't be reached and because they contradicted your argument even though they were objective articles you chose to ignore them and use Frank Lotierzo agreed with an opinion based article.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


As for the OP

Moorer simply had trouble with punchers; if it wasn't the first round it would have happened at some point, he's simply not elusive enough to stay away for 12.
ironchamp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 02:17 AM   #17
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Tua was simply a bad match for the aging Moorer in 2002. The KO was destined, but nobody really thought Moorer would be iced inside a friggin' round.

Moorer trying to stand and trade with Tua was a lame mistake and technical error on Moorer's part.

That was also pretty much it of the classic era / version of Tuaman as well. Tua looked shitty in 2003 against Hasbeen Rahman on HBO in which a draw was rendered there...

And, I think Tua's comeback over the last few yrs has been marginal at best. Tua is slower now and seemingly suspect to power-punches by his opponents...

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:19 AM   #18
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
There is a saying about throwing stones if you live in a glass house.

In every thread you and Foreman Hook find a way to diminish Mike Tyson and his opponents while aggrandizing George Foreman and his opponents.

Its because whenever you enter a thread, you seem to have an agenda more-so than an opinion. Even if someone has an opposing view no matter how well thought out the argument is, you simply fail to acknowledge that you could be wrong. You call things facts when they are in fact your opinion; and a flawed one at that.

I have many examples in different threads specifically the "Tyson Ducking Foreman, Lewis" thread where I went over details provided links showing multiple links as to what went on behind the scenes to show you that there was no ducking involved just agreements couldn't be reached and because they contradicted your argument even though they were objective articles you chose to ignore them and use Frank Lotierzo agreed with an opinion based article.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


As for the OP

Moorer simply had trouble with punchers; if it wasn't the first round it would have happened at some point, he's simply not elusive enough to stay away for 12.
That's a damn good thread!
Sangria is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 AM   #19
ironchamp
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 1230
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
That's a damn good thread!
Thanks
ironchamp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:27 AM   #20
Hydraulix
Left Hook From Hell..
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 879
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Moorer trying to stand and trade with Tua was a lame mistake and technical error on Moorer's part.
Exactly!! Michael never learned his lesson from the Foreman knockout. You don't plant yourself in front of a slugger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
And, I think Tua's comeback over the last few yrs has been marginal at best. Tua is slower now and seemingly suspect to power-punches by his opponents...

MR.BILL
Yeah, and seeing him get floored by Barrett showed that Tua's once granite chin now has some major cracks in it. As much as I love Tua, I don't see him ever winning a championship.
Hydraulix is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:29 AM   #21
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
Exactly!! Michael never learned his lesson from the Foreman knockout. You don't plant yourself in front of a slugger.



Yeah, and seeing him get floored by Barrett showed that Tua's once granite chin now has some major cracks in it. As much as I love Tua, I don't see him ever winning a championship.


I agree. Far too late for that now.
Sangria is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 AM   #22
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Tua ever becoming a true champion in boxing? No chance at all anymore.. Tua is well past his prime and has slowed to a crawl. His once fierce attack has now been reduced to plodding forward and merely throwing one or two punches at a time before re-setting... Tua of 2011 is simply looking to pad his record by fighting in areas around the globe who still have an interest in seeing him fight a so-so opponent in some casino or theatre for a decent wage...

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 AM   #23
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

People talk about what Moorer did wrong, but allot had to do with what Tua was doing right, he set that KO up well and actually took him out with the right
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #24
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Tua will always look good on the heavy bag.

But when Tua is faced with a moving target with speed, he has often appeared ordinary..


MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #25
manolows
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 223
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Logically it seems the argument that Moorer moved up simply because he was having difficulty making weight losses some credence, i mean if that was the case surely he would have just moved to cruiser weight instead, where he would have been a monster IMHO. He obviously took the step to skip a division, which would indicate he was motivated more by the money at heavy than purely couldn't make 175
manolows is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #26
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in a boxing gym near you
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

I was suprised Moorer lasted as long as he did. Moorer wasnt going to box and move, he was going to stand right in front of Tua and try and block shots like he always does. For that version of Moorer, who was shot to pieces, it was like trying to block a wrecking ball being swung from a crane. I was watching the fight with some friends and I said watch Tua wont make it out of the first round.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #27
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: in a boxing gym near you
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
People talk about what Moorer did wrong, but allot had to do with what Tua was doing right, he set that KO up well and actually took him out with the right
No it was as stylistic disaster from the get go.

He moved up because he was killing himself to make weight. Why go to cruiser when you can go up to heavy where the money is?
You should see him now. I saw him at the bank about six months to a year ago? He looked like was pregnant his belly was so big.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #28
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,330
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Moorer went as far as he could as a fighter with the severe liability of not being able to take a heavyweight punch. He capitalized on a less than top shape Holyfield and came apart in his next fight when he tasted Foreman's power. Moorer was similar to Ken Norton in the respect that he just could not take a good shot. If he had fought a big puncher at lightheavy...a Foster (God forbid), Mustafa Muhammad, Saad Muhammad, and of couse a Spinks...he would have suffered a similar fate at 175. Tua did just what I thought he would do to MM.
red cobra is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #29
combatesdeboxeo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SPAIN(canary islands,tenerife)
Posts: 2,363
vCash: 500
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchamp View Post
there is a saying about throwing stones if you live in a glass house.

In every thread you and foreman hook find a way to diminish mike tyson and his opponents while aggrandizing george foreman and his opponents.

Its because whenever you enter a thread, you seem to have an agenda more-so than an opinion. Even if someone has an opposing view no matter how well thought out the argument is, you simply fail to acknowledge that you could be wrong. You call things facts when they are in fact your opinion; and a flawed one at that.

I have many examples in different threads specifically the "tyson ducking foreman, lewis" thread where i went over details provided links showing multiple links as to what went on behind the scenes to show you that there was no ducking involved just agreements couldn't be reached and because they contradicted your argument even though they were objective articles you chose to ignore them and use frank lotierzo agreed with an opinion based article.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


as for the op

moorer simply had trouble with punchers; if it wasn't the first round it would have happened at some point, he's simply not elusive enough to stay away for 12.
MAYBE FOREMAN HOOK, BUT

I not really, i did pick prime tyson to beat lennox lewis, i pick prime tyson to beat larry holmes, i pick prime tyson to beat joe louis,vitali,wladimir, charles,walcott,marciano,tunney,corbett....
And yes i think that tyson avoided foreman, if you disagree fine.
combatesdeboxeo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #30
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,827
vCash: 258
Default Re: Michael Moorer Versus David Tua

To be honest, I didn't even know Moorer was still fighting at the time.

I'm terrible, I thought he retired after the Holyfield rematch. This was pre-Internet for me mind you, but still...Moorer was really off the radar before this was announced. On that note, didn't Moorer recently try a comeback?
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013