Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #16
D.T
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,009
vCash: 500
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

The Americans never robbed the c h i n k s, the c h i n k s just cant fight. They all suck.
D.T is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Maybe a line should be drawn between close fights and seriously bad decisions. Eubank/Otke have been mentioned and they top the list

Delahoya against Whitaker/Quartey/Sturm was lucky, although unlucky against Mosley2/Trinidad

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Chavez, he was certainly looked after

Pacquaio has benefited allot from the Marquez 2 decision which most gave to JMM. If he had lost as most had him doing, he wouldn't be considered P4P no1 unless he won a rubber match that may have been beyond him, especially if he had to drain to 130lbs to make the rubber match. He probably would never have got the big Delahoya opportunity either and may not have got a Hatton fight without rebuilding his legacy at lightweight.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Maybe a line should be drawn between close fights and seriously bad decisions. Eubank/Otke have been mentioned and they top the list

Delahoya against Whitaker/Quartey/Sturm was lucky, although unlucky against Mosley2/Trinidad

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Chavez, he was certainly looked after

Pacquaio has benefited allot from the Marquez 2 decision which most gave to JMM. If he had lost as most had him doing, he wouldn't be considered P4P no1 unless he won a rubber match that may have been beyond him, especially if he had to drain to 130lbs to make the rubber match. He probably would never have got the big Delahoya opportunity either and may not have got a Hatton fight without rebuilding his legacy at lightweight.
taylor was....questionable

whitaker was a joke

and the DQ loss he suffered earlier in his career was magically erased.

yeah, he had some help
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #19
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

I not sure how Lewis Holyfiled I would have change history expect Lewis starts his unify title rein a year early.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #20
boza81
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Annandale, VA (USA)
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
taylor was....questionable

whitaker was a joke

and the DQ loss he suffered earlier in his career was magically erased.

yeah, he had some help
also, the second Randall fight Tech dec. 8 was a joke. also, the Laporte and Lockridge fights were very close = could have gone either way.
boza81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 1139
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boza81 View Post
also, the second Randall fight Tech dec. 8 was a joke. also, the Laporte and Lockridge fights were very close = could have gone either way.
good calls
Jorodz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #22
eslubin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Valuev and probably Carnera based on the stories. Crooked decisions galore

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doLYJwhKzjM[/ame]
eslubin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #23
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,555
vCash: 500
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.T View Post
The Americans never robbed the c h i n k s, the c h i n k s just cant fight. They all suck.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
lora is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #24
Shogun Assassin
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 75
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslubin View Post
Valuev and probably Carnera based on the stories. Crooked decisions galore

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fire Pro>Fight Night
Shogun Assassin is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #25
Vince Voltage
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,062
vCash: 500
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Victor Galindez!

And yeah, Ali and Holmes, big-time.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #26
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Emile Griffith was the first fighter that sprung to my mind.

A few really bad decisions went his way, and he found himself on the good end of plenty of controversial ones.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #27
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 9,299
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
They weren't really "bad" decisions though, aside from Ali-Norton III. Many of them were close fights with some controversy with only a round or two being the deciding factor of who won.

In response to the thread topic, De La Hoya has been in a lot of fights that a questionable decision happened in, with Oscar being on the recieving side and the losing side.

True...another one that comes to mind is James Toney vs Dave Tiberi...James was lucky...Emile Griffith was lucky vs Archer in fight 1 to get the nod and Emile had a few close calls in his many
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:18 PM   #28
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,627
vCash: 166
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
Emile Griffith was the first fighter that sprung to my mind.

A few really bad decisions went his way, and he found himself on the good end of plenty of controversial ones.

Same here.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #29
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
True...another one that comes to mind is James Toney vs Dave Tiberi...James was lucky...Emile Griffith was lucky vs Archer in fight 1 to get the nod and Emile had a few close calls in his many
I haven't seen too many of Emile's fights. Which were the ones that were dodgy decisions?
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #30
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,832
vCash: 0
Default Re: Which fighters have benefitted the most from bad decisions?

Bad and close decisions are IMO two different things. Chris Eubank IMO, had a way of edging close fights. Sven Ottke benefitted from a bad decisions...
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013